Hunting Issues

danjou

make sure you have clean weapons, I never clean my varmint rifle so I always have to shoot birds 2 or more times if they are big.

I also believe that distance reduces bullet damage, I use Springfield with express rounds, and sometimes I get these amazing shots from a faaaaar distance but it never kills them even if its in a vital spot.

• Like 1

Yeah. As well as cleaning the gun, ensure that your fully aimed at the bird. With the new update, the varmit rifle is much slower or the little circle to shrink down. Also, range has been reduced. As for deer etc... i hunt as close as I can with a bolt action and regular bullets. If it’s a 3 star buck and I’m not confident I’ll land the one shot kill, I ride up fast with the lasso.

The one issue I was having before, was shooting for instance, 3 animals and while I was skinning the first or second one the rest would disappear. Then I discovered the other day that most of the time just the paw prints on the mini map disappear not the actual carcass. On a brighter note, I'm not losing pelts and what not when I use fast travel or come out of a mission so that's good that they fixed that. 

On 3/24/2019 at 6:44 PM, Jackthestripper said:

On a brighter note, I'm not losing pelts and what not when I use fast travel or come out of a mission so that's good that they fixed that. 

skins and carcasses are not lost using the fast travel but deteriorate (from 3 stars they become 2 or 1 star)

Despawning, despawning, despawning... I hate this. As a matter of fact i dont recall this beeing an issue when i started playing (maybe bcoz i was mostly doing missions and pvp till lvl 25 when i  realised i need sh*t load of $ for ability cards and some recipes, weapons). 

I hate the fact i shoot 5,6 or 7 birds and then some of them despawn. 

Also i dont get why i cant lasso a bird or deer that fell in to the water. A lot of times birds fall in the deeper waters and im frustrated i cant rope them to the shore. 

For hunting i use only Varmint and bolt action with fast bullets, clean them constantly, use dmg cards like peak condition and horseman so if i fail to hit the kill spot thay still die from one shot. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837

My main issue is often at night there will literally be no animals. No birds, no rodents, nothing. I can still hear the sounds of animals but no animals to be found. Not sure if that's intended or a bug. But it's hella frustrating.

40 minutes ago, Ozy8753 said:

If you find no birds or gators on the mash in San Dennis ride out into the water away from the marsh 80% of the time they will spawn

It happens out in tumbleweed and outside of blackwater as well. Then I tried outside of strawberry, nothing until the sun came up.

21 hours ago, Renascent said:

My main issue is often at night there will literally be no animals. No birds, no rodents, nothing. I can still hear the sounds of animals but no animals to be found. Not sure if that's intended or a bug. But it's hella frustrating.

Happens to me as well. I usually run away from the zone and come back. seems to work for me. 

On 3/28/2019 at 7:31 AM, Renascent said:

That happened to me when Online first came out. I usually would just do a server jump or do a quick join Showdown match. It usually fixed the problem.  

On 3/26/2019 at 7:59 AM, peppino79 said:

skins and carcasses are not lost using the fast travel but deteriorate (from 3 stars they become 2 or 1 star)

Actually, they were for my wife and I up until a couple of weeks ago. But I had no idea that the animals dropped in quality using the Fast Travel. Thanks for that information, looks like I'll be riding a lot more LOL

• Like 1