Food share

lumper

So, I was thinking, and yes I submitted it to R* feedback.

It would be nice to have a food share.

Today for example, I had to make a choice and in the end I had to leave a 3 star turkey on the ground to rot, instead I noticed a blue dot near me, so I sent him a note and told him, if you want it, I am leaving it here, on the road.

I cant see wasting it. then it occurred to me, it would be nice to have several designated food share locations, where you can elect to send your extra food, or a way to designate it to a player.

Player trading and assisting should be a thing,

with all the hunting we do, it just makes sense.

I thought maybe leave a food share bin at several locations around the map, or have an option that allows you to either designate an item for the local share or to the nearest players.

that way a player can alwasy check a food share to see if there is anything in there he or she needs and also be able to use those pelts and carcasses we cant carry, this could also be rewarded with an xp or honor boost for taking part in contributing, or low honor for taking from it, I dunno I think in there is an idea.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

I really like this idea of item sharing/trading between players. Initially I thought ammo/tonic trading between posse members may be useful , especially on missions, etc.

Surviving out here depends on some helping hands at times, and we are a community and neighbors out there, so it only makes sense.

It would be nice in so many ways.

Trade goods between players is a good idea in general the food share is a good way to stop wasting so much and to help others just starting out;

I think more importantly R* doing anything that brings us together vs tearing us apart would also be helpful.

Working on hostility systems and anti griefing while at the same time encouraging and rewarding players for killing other players randomly without warning is sending mixed signals and needs some clarity.

I think they should direct those challenges t npc's only or players who have selected to be "on call" or have elected to play offensively, right now that isnt an option and players killing other players without warning causes lots of problems that would end by tweaking these challenges until the hostility system is in place.Anyway the thinking was, a good way to bring a sense of community to the free roam aspect of the game, when we arent in a game mode or mission.

Edited by lumper

1 minute ago, lumper said:

Working on hostility systems and anti griefing while at the same time encouraging and rewarding players for killing other players randomly without warning is sending mixed signals and needs some clarity.

Yeah, I hated how one of yesterday's daily challenges was to kill 3 players from a moving train. You can't do that outside of free roam and I refuse to kill another player in free roam unless they attack me first.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Yeah, I hated how one of yesterday's daily challenges was to kill 3 players from a moving train. You can't do that outside of free roam and I refuse to kill another player in free roam unless they attack me first.

Same.

Actually I believe yesterday had two kill player challenges, I refuse to take part in either.

It needs to be in a situation where the other player has some idea it is coming, so they can partake and prevent it or get a kill out of it without incurring a red dot.

The system is just needing tweaking is all.

Last night I was fishing, facing the water a player snuck up behind me, tackled me from behind and then shot me and left the game, lol, I dont let that bother me anymore as I cant do anything about it right now, but I am not adding to that chaos and upsetting some other player just trying to enjoy his evening.

If we could say let a player know,, I am going to start a fight so they can fight back or defend or get me first, then it would be ok, but just randomly killing people with no motive and leaving them confused and pissed isnt my idea of fun or a good game

Maybe a challenge system, where we can select a player to challenge to either a fight, a dual, or just a general shooting, so at least they can accept or ignore would be a god start.

Lastly, fist fighting was very common in this time period, way more than shooting.

People fought for honor and pride.

If you accused a person of cheating, you were gonna have to back that up with your fists, everytime, same with calling a man a coward, you are 100% fighting, so this needs to be more present in the game, challenge a player to a fist fight, and then duke it out, and not to the death, ll just til one concedes or is knocked out.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Not a bad idea lumper but personally i would not help my competition unless i get paid and i dont see that happening 😜

I'm with you. Lol. I'm gonna feed you so that you have the strength to kill me later? Nah, I'm good. Besides, it isn't that hard to find an animal to kill. They are everywhere.

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, lumper said:

Same.

Actually I believe yesterday had two kill player challenges, I refuse to take part in either.

I think the other one was to kill 3 players using explosives while on horseback. That one I completed  by joining the dispatch rider free roam event as soon as it popped up. At least there you are supposed to kill each other and everybody is ready for it. I shot 3 players with some explosive ammo and died plenty of times myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

I think the other one was to kill 3 players using explosives while on horseback. That one I completed  by joining the dispatch rider free roam event as soon as it popped up. At least there you are supposed to kill each other and everybody is ready for it. I shot 3 players with some explosive ammo and died plenty of times myself.

Thats smart, I hadnt thought of that.

I was thinking about going on mic and asking people if they wanted to kill me for their challenge and visa versa but then I figured id probably regret that, lol so I just skipped it.

Then most people would just wait for the food and not bother to hunt themselves. Getting food is far too easy for something like that. It's literally everywhere. Canned goods in most abandoned houses. Plates of food in some camps. Every animal you can kill can be eaten. 

Also I've literally asked random people if I could kill them for the challenge and offered the same to them and they accepted. Use your words. And if you have friends, then do the daily challenge with them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I completed this in like 30seconds. Rode into Valentine and a posse tried being cute. 3 shots = mission complete. 

1 hour ago, Renascent said:

Then most people would just wait for the food and not bother to hunt themselves. Getting food is far too easy for something like that. It's literally everywhere. Canned goods in most abandoned houses. Plates of food in some camps. Every animal you can kill can be eaten. 

Also I've literally asked random people if I could kill them for the challenge and offered the same to them and they accepted. Use your words. And if you have friends, then do the daily challenge with them.

Not at all, I disagree, when I am hunting and I cant fit anything else on my horse other than pelts, lets say I wipe out 6 turkeys all 3 star ones, I hate leaving them on the ground, this is for the excess, you arent going to survive if you rely solely on food share, but it can be helpful to some.
What about real food shares you think they keep folks from finding other ways to obtain food? it is a supplement is all and a way to prevent waste, bring the community together a little and just one more unique thing that can be added to such a unique game.

24 minutes ago, lumper said:

Not at all, I disagree, when I am hunting and I cant fit anything else on my horse other than pelts, lets say I wipe out 6 turkeys all 3 star ones, I hate leaving them on the ground, this is for the excess, you arent going to survive if you rely solely on food share, but it can be helpful to some.
What about real food shares you think they keep folks from finding other ways to obtain food? it is a supplement is all and a way to prevent waste, bring the community together a little and just one more unique thing that can be added to such a unique game.

You are making no sense. You can carry 2 whole turkeys on your horse and store up to 10 plump bird meat. Why would you shoot 6 turkeys to begin with? I am a bit puzzled. Kill what you need. 

I get your idea but you really don't want to water things down anymore. It is so easy to find food. Hell, I can hunt deer and elk with just my knife and rope ( which I actually do). 

I killed 6 turkeys, I skinned then all, then I packed up 2 of them on my horse, I left 4 perfect 3 star turkeys on the ground, I dont know what is confusing you, I am talking about those other 4, or how about this I killed 4 gators, all perfect, I can only carry one, on my horse, the rest just rot, these are valuable to someone who wants to carry one to the butcher, or when I kill several deer I can only carry one carcass on my horse, so what do I do with the other 4 on the ground?

See what im talking about now?

Edited by lumper

26 minutes ago, lumper said:

I killed 6 turkeys, I skinned then all, then I packed up 2 of them on my horse, I left 4 perfect 3 star turkeys on the ground, I dont know what is confusing you, I am talking about those other 4, or how about this I killed 4 gators, all perfect, I can only carry one, on my horse, the rest just rot, these are valuable to someone who wants to carry one to the butcher, or when I kill several deer I can only carry one carcass on my horse, so what do I do with the other 4 on the ground?

See what im talking about now?

No. Because just like in real life, I don't kill in excess. If I have 6 big game meat, I know I just need to kill one gator to top me off at 10. I'm not going to pop 5 more just because. I'm just always aware of what I need (ie fat, deer meat, big game meat,etc). I actually memorize what I need before I go hunting . I'm also cheap, I don't waste bullets if I don't have to. 

Like I said, I get the idea. But you can also buy meat from the butcher if you really need it. Not a fan of anything being given out for free . But that is just me. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 1

This is a game......if i kill more animals then i need it doesnt really matter. I just know that every time i try to be nice ingame i get a stabbed in the back and as mentioned animals are easy to get by and it would most certanly be abused as a moneysource or a waterhole for griefers

Edited by Zampen
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lumper said:

If we could say let a player know,, I am going to start a fight so they can fight back or defend or get me first, then it would be ok, but just randomly killing people with no motive and leaving them confused and pissed isnt my idea of fun or a good game

Maybe a challenge system, where we can select a player to challenge to either a fight, a dual, or just a general shooting, so at least they can accept or ignore would be a god start.

Lastly, fist fighting was very common in this time period, way more than shooting.

People fought for honor and pride.

If you accused a person of cheating, you were gonna have to back that up with your fists, everytime, same with calling a man a coward, you are 100% fighting, so this needs to be more present in the game, challenge a player to a fist fight, and then duke it out, and not to the death, ll just til one concedes or is knocked out.

THIS!!!

Structured "challenge" would be awesome in this, you can accept or decline.

"Player23" is challenging you to a fist fight. ACCEPT/DECLINE

"Player23" is challenging you to a duel...
"Player23" is challenging you to a showdown...

If you decline and Player23 kills you anyway, MAJOR HOSTILITY increase/honor reduction to Player23, bounty too for murder.

If you accept, you two go at it for a set duration, after that is over and the victor declared, no hostility increase/honor boost and go on your way. 

• Like 1

Turkeys are hella plentiful, and super cheap. One 3 star turkey ain't worth much to even think about. Food sharing sounds nice but isn't needed. If you can't get food in this game on your own, you're slow in the head. Plus you're adding another thing griefers can grief on.

Hell, I run deer over for the fun of it because the sounds they make amuse me and I still have a vendetta against a buck in single player for knocking me off a cliff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Turkeys are hella plentiful, and super cheap. One 3 star turkey ain't worth much to even think about. Food sharing sounds nice but isn't needed. If you can't get food in this game on your own, you're slow in the head. Plus you're adding another thing griefers can grief on.

Hell, I run deer over for the fun of it because the sounds they make amuse me and I still have a vendetta against a buck in single player for knocking me off a cliff.

I think you are being too literal for the sake  of argument.

It doesnt have to be a turkey, there are literally dozens of other animals it can apply too.

Let's say wolves then, cougars, bears, whatever, I take out 6 wolves, I take all the pelts but can only carry one carcass, now others can have those left over perfect carcasses.

The point is to share rather than waste.

Today for example,  I wanted to fast travel to Annesburg, from Rhodes, I literally had $1.00 on me, I had to go fishing so I could afford to travel,!!

Now, wouldnt it had been nice if there was a food share at the train station that I could have helped myself too for a few bucks to make it simple, there is one example right there when a Turkey carcass would have come in handy.

Heck the food share can be placed wherever there is a butcher or a train station or some place that would make sense and also a way folks cant abuse it.

You say Turkey's are everywhere and are cheap, I say a new player with only the very basics will gladly take a 3 star turkey carcass, I know I would, I went through hell for $20 at a time when I first started, I woudl have loved a food share.

It is not only a turkey, it is saving rather than wasting, something people did very well in 1899, it is about using these animals rather than let them rot on the road for no reason. 

Again, the idea is more options as a community, more interactions, it all adds to the game, and waste not want not, every turkey adds u,p.

I think you either started a long time ago when the game just got started and things were different or you just forgot what it was like your fist day in the game.

If you come in to this alone, no posse or friends, it is intimidating, and tough to get started, a food share has its place and would be helpful to some, and it would just make me feel better to not leave good animals on the ground to rot.

If you don't like waste then don't overkill, that simple. You're trying to solve a problem that you created and honestly doesn't matter.

If you couldn't fast travel then ride there. You have a horse for a reason.

Yeah I started two weeks after launch and didn't have a problem getting food. The animal doesn't need to be 3 star. Again, you don't even necessarily need to hunt. Go loot houses for cans of food. If you played single player, then you'd know this is possible. Yeah I was alone and it wasn't intimidating. Not everyone that started out was terrified to do anything. Some people are seasoned mmo players, some not so, but it's a game.

It sounds to me like you just want things handed to you. Like you don't want to have to work for it like the rest of us.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Renascent said:

You're mean. I feel bad when I wound an animal and don't  kill it outright and I have to stand there and watch it suffer as I wait for it to die because I don't want to put another bullet in it and ruin the pelt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

You're mean. I feel bad when I wound an animal and don't  kill it outright and I have to stand there and watch it suffer as I wait for it to die because I don't want to put another bullet in it and ruin the pelt.

If you think that is mean, than I am the Devil's   Favorite Demon. I feel nothing for anything in this game. Why? Cause it is a game. I get 200xp a day on running bunnies over because it is easy points...and is kinda funny how dumb they are. Well if you rope deer and stick a knife in their neck.....you don't have to worry about ruining pelt. But than again the sound they make may get to you....

2 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

If you think that is mean, than I am the Devil's   Favorite Demon. I feel nothing for anything in this game. Why? Cause it is a game. I get 200xp a day on running bunnies over because it is easy points...and is kinda funny how dumb they are. Well if you rope deer and stick a knife in their neck.....you don't have to worry about ruining pelt. But than again the sound they make may get to you....

It fits considering your pennywise profile picture.😉 IRL I'm no hunter, I'm an animal lover, just not PETA extreme.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

It fits considering your pennywise profile picture.😉 IRL I'm no hunter, I'm an animal lover, just not PETA extreme.

I am an animal lover too. But I also understand that it's just a game. Hell irl I stop to let squirrels run across the road where most view them as varmint and wouldn't bat an eye if they killed them (I don't even kill mice/rats if I find them in my house).

16 minutes ago, Renascent said:

I am an animal lover too. But I also understand that it's just a game. Hell irl I stop to let squirrels run across the road where most view them as varmint and wouldn't bat an eye if they killed them (I don't even kill mice/rats if I find them in my house).

I realize that it's  just a game too. It's  a testament to how lifelike  Rockstar made this game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Well, just because you hunt doesn't mean you don't like animals.  A lot of folks hunt to feed their families.  I don't but then again, I also don't have a problem eating meats butchered by others.  That doesn't mean I hate fish, chicken, cattle, lamb, etc. though.  I actually like animals.  ....and not just because they taste good.  ;)

2 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, just because you hunt doesn't mean you don't like animals.  A lot of folks hunt to feed their families.  I don't but then again, I also don't have a problem eating meats butchered by others.  That doesn't mean I hate fish, chicken, cattle, lamb, etc. though.  I actually like animals.  ....and not just because they taste good.  ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against hunting especially when it comes to feeding your family. Sport/trophy hunting is a different story.

• Like 1