Players in showdown series with blank rank

Dissention

Question

Almost every session of showdown series I join nowadays has one player who has a blank rank , just a silver badge with no level, and more often than not they get votes to be kicked, but not enough

Are they exploiters, modders, or hackers (whatever you want to call them)?

At first I thought they were noobs but they seem too well dressed.

Just curious if I should be looking to kick them too and another exploit R* isn't addressing

17 answers to this question

I am not sure if this has happened since the last update or not as I don't play Showdown all that often but I had noticed this as well and I am not sure how they are able to hide their details. Maybe there is an option somewhere? I couldn't find it. 

thanks for the answers.  I really don't know the answer to the no rank thing

I've never voted to kick anyone and just look at other players to see if I'm up against a wall of high level players or they're on my side.

I don't have a headset/mic anymore because it broke and too many people talking trash to my kid over at overwatch, so I don't know what is being said.

6 hours ago, Dissention said:

thanks for the answers.  I really don't know the answer to the no rank thing

I do. 

People with no rank number have been voted to be kicked. It doesn't have to be you that voted to kick, but someone has. Next time you see it, take a look, I promise that someone has voted to kick them.

9 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

If someone has voted to kick you your rank disappears from your badge.

Don't know why, though.

This seems to be the case. I have seen it happen a number of times. I don't know what purpose this serves though. No one seems to know.

In just over 600 showdowns I've voted to kick 3 times, 2 of which people were ghosting, and 1 recently who was doing something that meant you could not lock onto them, and they were invulnerable to damage (their record over 3 games was over 100 kills and zero deaths).

I do think there is some value in the kick function, but it might be just as easy to leave the game and re-join another one.

I have been kicked twice, both of which were after I had won a game, either Name Your Weapon or Most Wanted.  Just bad losers, I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

In just over 600 showdowns I've voted to kick 3 times, 2 of which people were ghosting, and 1 recently who was doing something that meant you could not lock onto them, and they were invulnerable to damage (their record over 3 games was over 100 kills and zero deaths).

You know it's funny you say that because last night I hit a guy in the head 3 times with the bolt/express ammo, then switched to shotgun and hit him 4 more times b4 he turned from his other Target and still shot me.  (And he wasn't even the one wearing the armor). 

I thought I was fighting the Terminator.

But then right after I hit a deer 2x in the head, once in the back and it still ran away.

It's just hard to determine who's doing something funny or if it's just more R* beta bugs

I just turn the game off when stuff like this happens

On the ghosting issue, I haven't seen them on PS4 for a while now, so I think they patched that on PS4 at least

On 4/1/2019 at 7:02 AM, Harlock1796 said:

I do think there is some value in the kick function, but it might be just as easy to leave the game and re-join another one.

I have been kicked twice, both of which were after I had won a game, either Name Your Weapon or Most Wanted.  Just bad losers, I think.

100 %  folk get all butt hurt when a good player finishes in top 3 consecutively ! They are quick to kick as they think eliminating a good player betters there chances ! Lol

52 minutes ago, Harlock1796 said:

I think it's especially a problem if there is a posse in the game - they all gang up to kick someone who's spoiling their fun by beating them.

Yes they do ! How do you get around people you can't compete with ? Kick them from the game ! Have had this happen in spoils of war , went in as posse kicked some a#$ and poof they kick me as posse leader thinking the rest will follow. All it does is move you to the other team. Idk but whatever let's them sleep better ! Lol

On 3/31/2019 at 8:47 PM, Dissention said:

Yeah I'm sorry,  I get it now...

By hiding the rank it just confused me, I thought they were taking advantage of some glitch or something, and have no idea why these guys/gals getting targeted for kick in first place

Simply stated, whole kick system makes no sense

I don't, won't vote to kick anyone, never even pushed the button on it

...and no point in kicking me, I'll probably lose anyway

I've said this from the start. The kicking system needs to be redone because it doesn't work effectively. Like if you vote to kick someone, it just makes it harder for other players to see their rank and what not. What benefit is there to that?

• Thanks 1

I occasionally compete against a very talented female rider in RDO races.  She is relatively low rank but has a good horse n is a nice person to chat to between races.  I have no reason whatsoever to believe she would ever cheat, all she likes doing is racing.. she hates shooting animals and people, she's just GOOD at racing and wins more often than not. Yet I've seen her being voted for the boot and loosing the rank number in her shield more than once simply because people can't admit she's good n have to insist she's cheating some how.  She won't even shoot back at people trying to shoot her from behind.

@Dissention,

np mate. It confused the **** outta me too when I first saw blamk shields.  I thought it was just a glitch cos theres no need for anyone to vote to have my friend booted.

Personally I find it a challenge to race against someone who I know is a good rider / racer, n that forces me to try n up my game.  On those occassions I manage to beat her I feel I've actually done something.

Yeah I'm sorry,  I get it now...

By hiding the rank it just confused me, I thought they were taking advantage of some glitch or something, and have no idea why these guys/gals getting targeted for kick in first place

Simply stated, whole kick system makes no sense

I don't, won't vote to kick anyone, never even pushed the button on it

...and no point in kicking me, I'll probably lose anyway