Male & Female Fertility Statues

Slayer Fan

You can sell them to the fence.  There's a few YouTubes guessing that there's an underlying hidden meaning behind these, but I've not seen anything that really makes a great deal of sense.  Sell them or keep them, it's your choice.

I've noticed the female fertility statue will respawn a few times (I've gone back as Arthur and picked it up again at least a few times), while the male statue won't. I wonder why this is?

Edited by Parzival

8 hours ago, Parzival said:

I've noticed the female fertility statue will respawn a few times (I've gone back as Arthur and picked it up again at least a few times), while the male statue won't. I wonder why this is?

That is interesting. I honestly never bothered going back. Just sold the first one I got. Can't even recall what it was worth. Do you know offhand if it is worth it?

14 hours ago, dIV4r said:

That is interesting. I honestly never bothered going back. Just sold the first one I got. Can't even recall what it was worth. Do you know offhand if it is worth it?

$25. Not exactly a princely sum, but one of the more valuable pickups out there.

On 4/13/2019 at 3:45 AM, Slayer Fan said:

Whilst looting empty houses and opening boxes, I came across a Male & Female Fertility Statue.

Does anyone know what is the purpose of having them? Is it something that you can sell on?

WE dont know yet, but I would suggest keeping them until we do, I have a handful of stuff that doesnt seem to have a use yet, but I really think it will either later in a dlc or after someone discovers more clues regarding a few of the existing mysteries.

11 hours ago, lumper said:

WE dont know yet, but I would suggest keeping them until we do, I have a handful of stuff that doesnt seem to have a use yet, but I really think it will either later in a dlc or after someone discovers more clues regarding a few of the existing mysteries.

kind of pointless i think, I highly doubt there will be any more content added for the single player game.  Same as they did with GTAV,  It will all be online from here on out.

15 minutes ago, Kormath said:

kind of pointless i think, I highly doubt there will be any more content added for the single player game.  Same as they did with GTAV,  It will all be online from here on out.

Well many disagree, there could be a DLC update or maybe just one of the several mysteries already known gets answered, I dunno still wouldnt sell it, but if you feel differently certainly do what you want with it.

14 minutes ago, lumper said:

Well many disagree, there could be a DLC update or maybe just one of the several mysteries already known gets answered, I dunno still wouldnt sell it, but if you feel differently certainly do what you want with it.

They can disagree all they want.  look at the history.  the only DLC for RDR that was not online content was Undead Nightmare.  GTAV got nothing for single player after the Online version, because, to quote Rockstar "the single player mode was massive and very very complete."  RDR2 is totally complete, leading up to the beginning of RDR.  

So no, unless they do another Undead Nightmare type, they won't release anything else for single player, it will all be online content.

GTA V got the new vehicles and weapons all the way up to the Heists Update, but after that they abandoned it. I still see the blurb saying new stuff has been added to Ammu-Nation, player garages, and online stores from time to time, but there's never anything there. Which really sucks, because they've added a lot of stuff like that I really like in recent years, like the Mad Max- and Death Race-inspired vehicles in the Arena War update.

Rockstar could have at least had the decency to include the Evans repeating rifle in Story Mode.

I never thought it was anything more than just a random trinket to sell. I don't think they considered it to be anything special. Maybe it is an inside joke or symbol for some of the devs. I know they like to put pieces of themselves into the game in a way the players likely would never notice.