Collector Role

CosmoKramer

Anyone been able to start as collector for free having done the playing card task in GTAO? 

I unlocked Trader free then went to collector but it wanted the 15gb. So I was thinking maybe you can only unlock 1 role for free but then went to Rhodes for Bounty Hunter and got my licence free. So collector seems bugged? I had the game confirm I’d done the GTA task last week when the splash screen was coming up for today’s update. Seems like the revolver problem all over again. 😡

The ability to claim the Bounty Hunter License and Collector’s Bag for free is rolling out to all eligible accounts now, we will confirm when this process is completed Details on how to qualify to receive the License and Bag for free:

I'm guessing not all freebies have rolled out yet.  May take a bit of time?

This may not even have anything to do with your issue but I figured I would update you just the same from my earlier post regarding R*'s Tweet:

Sb4VQJYS_bigger.jpg

Replying to
All eligible accounts can now claim the Bounty Hunter License free in Red Dead Online. Thank you for your continued patience.

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah....  I haven't even tried it out myself yet.  I'll be logging on later tonight.  I just turned on the system earlier today just to make sure the update was downloading.  

At 11gb that’s wise forward thinking! I managed to do the same earlier so it was ready to go when I was able to play.

3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

At 11gb that’s wise forward thinking! I managed to do the same earlier so it was ready to go when I was able to play.

I'm semi retired and home most of the time so I  just checked back every once in a while until it was done.   It was a slow download perhaps in part due to the traffic?

7 hours ago, Moosh89 said:

Apparently the Collector Bag takes 24 hours to roll out as free, so hold off for now if you've collected the 54 cards in GTA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnline/comments/d28mmy/psa_you_have_to_wait_24_hours_to_get_the_bounty/

That’s really f**ked up. If I hadn’t gotten the Bounty Hunter licence free I may well have believed I could only get 1 free and bought the others. Don’t understand the need to wait 24 hours.

Further on in that thread someone says dailies reset if you change your character - anyone know if this is true, and do they give any warning?

Hell, why am I surprised, this is Rockstar. 

4 hours ago, Smashingwest said:

It seems the Collector role is bugged right out of the gate.  You get the initial map from the Gypsy woman and you advance through 3-4 collection areas.  The last collection area claims to give you a new map but it never appears in the satchel.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Those saying they got Collector free without playing GTA or collecting the playing cards - to be clear do you mean you got the bag without paying 15gb or just that Collector role was unlocked?

Update - ran into Madame Collector by chance yesterday and I was able to get the bag for 0gb. The 24 hour thing is still ridiculous (especially if people were getting it free on launch day without doing anything), but sorted now at least.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:36 AM, CosmoKramer said:

That’s really f**ked up. If I hadn’t gotten the Bounty Hunter licence free I may well have believed I could only get 1 free and bought the others. Don’t understand the need to wait 24 hours.

Further on in that thread someone says dailies reset if you change your character - anyone know if this is true, and do they give any warning?

Hell, why am I surprised, this is Rockstar. 

My collector bag was indeed free after about 24 hours.

and yes, there is a Change Appearance bug  that resets your daily streak. I caught mine on video and submitted it to Support. It took them about 2 days to get back to me and they gave me 50 Gold Bars and said they are aware of the issue.

42 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

and yes, there is a Change Appearance bug  that resets your daily streak. I caught mine on video and submitted it to Support. It took them about 2 days to get back to me and they gave me 50 Gold Bars and said they are aware of the issue.

Turns out you can lose your daily streak without changing your appearance (me) and change your appearance without losing your daily streak (my brother). Fun and games eh?

Today’s gotcha was doing a showdown but not being credited for it.

2 hours ago, Zui said:

Anyone seen madame nazar today?

Today for me, she was West of Blackwater on the main road the cougar spawn on. The road that leads towards Aurora Basin.

Maybe someone should make a new topic, Where's Madame Nazar? Everyone can post SS of where she is on the map.

I've found out she is in different spots for different friends of mine. 

2 hours ago, C20Dragon said:

Today for me, she was West of Blackwater on the main road the cougar spawn on. The road that leads towards Aurora Basin.

Maybe someone should make a new topic, Where's Madame Nazar? Everyone can post SS of where she is on the map.

I've found out she is in different spots for different friends of mine. 

Good idea.  I found her at between the word creek and the road, below little creek river.