Defensive Mode

CosmoKramer

Not sure about the changes to Defensive mode. It’s great that finally it remembers your preference when you load the game but less great that it’s constantly changing your status while you’re playing. Earlier on I realised I was Offensive but when I went to change it said defensive disabled due to aggressive gameplay. I’d just cleared some NPCs in Thieves Landing doing a trader delivery!?!

Offensive/Defensive only affects your interactions with other players so shouldn’t it only be influenced by your PvP actions??

I also keep finding my camp flag in lowered status - fair enough if it has to be lowered to do certain missions but it should revert to its preferred state once the mission is over.

I think it a bug, I get this problem too.

I'll be in defensive mode & I get a red message saying Defensive disable. I had to wait 5 mins to change back to defensive mode.

The way I fix this, so the game stop disabling  defensive mode. 

When I enter a server I'll be in defensive mode. I will switch defensive mode off & back on seems to fix that issue. As long as I stay in the same server. If I switch server I could encounter that problem again & would have to switch def mode off & back on again.

Your flag will lower when the defensive disable glitch happens. You will have to manually raise your flag.

Edited by C20Dragon
Correction
  • Thanks 1

Yep same stuff is happening to me.

If I move too fast defensive  gets disabled for agressive behavior (I think it occurs if someone is in the vicinity but not sure and it's pretty far vicinity)

Also, If I do a supply or delivery mission my camps flag goes down but does go back up once mission complete.  I don't know if it's intended but if the plan is to allow raids on my camp R* better allow me full revenge privelage and they better not be jumping servers.

I also get knocked out of defensive on bounty missions but I believe that's intended

Worst part I'm experiencing is Everytime I do afforementioned supply/delivery Cripps disappears and packs up camp after I finish. I pay $2 and camp doesn't respawn till I join new session.

I think R* has me enrolled in the frequent bug program

Edited by Dissention

made an account just to respond to this... My defensive was disabled when I was sitting at my camps campfire. lowered my flag as well. I was waiting for the trader goods to fill up for a medium wagon run at the time and just randomly I was hit with the aggressive behavior moved to offensive and couldn't switch it back. 

2 minutes ago, LOKI said:

made an account just to respond to this... My defensive was disabled when I was sitting at my camps campfire. lowered my flag as well. I was waiting for the trader goods to fill up for a medium wagon run at the time and just randomly I was hit with the aggressive behavior moved to offensive and couldn't switch it back. 

Make sure to submit the problem to R* Support here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.120069576.1198416478.1568494285-1358796917.1568494285

They may even know about the problem already but I think it's important for everyone affected to let them know just the same.

The same thing is happening to me, I was literally just riding along doing some hunting yesterday and then all of a sudden the game said "defensive disabled due to aggressive behavior" - I had done nothing at all, of course. There was no one else in sight, neither an NPC nor another player. And the camp flag thing is happening as well. Ugh. I hope they'll fix this ASAP.