Tonics, xplosives, kids

BlereBlere

Hello i play from some weeks occasionaly , im only rank 21 running around in defensive for now makimg money. From what i see on youtube the freeroam PVP is just matter of who have most tonics, explosive arrows, PIB on horses.. and who glitched more free money. All of that sucks, and skills doesnt really matter from what i see. Im a street fighter player, i like fair pvp where u dont use ****ing medikits until the fight ends, and u cant call ur little friends to help while i am owning u. What the hell am i playing? I think im gonna leave witouth even try the pvp bullsh*t.I was watching some yt videos called 'not today griefers' where a guy deals with people in defensive mode and free aim, i think that would fit my playstile..autoaim sucks.. gaming has become really bad those years, they want all the people play their games, even [REMOVED] can be good with auto aim so they dont rage quit forever after 1 match like in street fighter.  Anyway that guy on yt was using 1 or 2 tonics for every player dealt with, restoring health soon as he get shot..calling others who use a tonic " Tonic Monsters "  omg.  So i have to grind all my life to stand a chance at pvp vs those nolifer kids? To buy tonics and cheap god mode card upgrades and xplosive arrows like a loser..the old west was a place of men wasnt it. I cant even do a fishing event witouth a kid emoting me for 5 minutes like a [REMOVE]. Unskilled kids with daddy's money ruined gaming

Edited by Kean_1
removed offensive term

Being a level 21, you've spent some time in online, is that what you're experiencing when you play? 

If it takes someone using explosives (which are limited) and chugging tonics to beat you then that's a win for you.  As those items take some effort to acquire. 

Also, as I'm sure you know by playing to level 21, this isn't a battle Royale, where the last one standing "wins" . There is no "winning" against other players out in free roam.  You may get into skirmishes. But how long you decide to fight is up to you. 

You just roam the map making money and getting into adventures. If you decide to stay and fight a player that's your decision.  You can just as easily ride off (defensive) if you come across an explosive using "tonic monster". 

No, you can't buy your way into dominance in free roam.  If you can free aim headshots, you will beat an auto aiming tonic chugger 90% of the time.

Full  disclosure: I'm too old and blind to free aim well.  I count on auto aim to get me pointed in the right direction quickly. And someone who is good at free aim will clean my clock.  (I don't use tonics in free roam bickering though, waste of money). 

Edited by Freakshow9191
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BlereBlere said:

Hello i play from some weeks occasionaly , im only rank 21 running around in defensive for now makimg money. From what i see on youtube the freeroam PVP is just matter of who have most tonics, explosive arrows, PIB on horses.. and who glitched more free money. All of that sucks, and skills doesnt really matter from what i see. Im a street fighter player, i like fair pvp where u dont use ****ing medikits until the fight ends, and u cant call ur little friends to help while i am owning u. What the hell am i playing? I think im gonna leave witouth even try the pvp bullsh*t.I was watching some yt videos called 'not today griefers' where a guy deals with people in defensive mode and free aim, i think that would fit my playstile..autoaim sucks.. gaming has become really bad those years, they want all the people play their games, even [REMOVED] can be good with auto aim so they dont rage quit forever after 1 match like in street fighter.  Anyway that guy on yt was using 1 or 2 tonics for every player dealt with, restoring health soon as he get shot..calling others who use a tonic " Tonic Monsters "  omg.  So i have to grind all my life to stand a chance at pvp vs those nolifer kids? To buy tonics and cheap god mode card upgrades and xplosive arrows like a loser..the old west was a place of men wasnt it. I cant even do a fishing event witouth a kid emoting me for 5 minutes like a [REMOVE]. Unskilled kids with daddy's money ruined gaming

Sorry to hear that you have had a stressful start to the game.  But I really wouldn't let YT videos put you off, or make assumptions about the game based on the events recorded on there.  Someone could play for 100 hours, post a three minute video and it wouldn't necessarily represent their gameplay or gaming experience at all.

For my part, I am level 68, 20 Collector, 20 Trader and 17 Bounty Hunter, so while I still feel like a rookie I have put in a fair few hours.  I have never been blown up, I have been hogtied by other players twice (killed one), had my horse killed twice (killed the guys who did it both times) and been attacked by random individuals/posses maybe six or seven times, in months of play.  I don't pop tonics in free roam, don't understand the card system so leave it alone (my cards are all level 1 costing $50, and I don't use anything fancy in terms of weapons loadout - twin Schofields with high velocity ammo for in close, Litchfield repeater with high velocity ammo for horseback/large battles, and a scoped Springfield if I need some long range stuff.  That's it, all stuff you can earn early in the game.  The vast majority of my combat encounters I win, if I'm not winning I can get away (love race horses!) and the majority of my player encounters are benign.  I was collecting up in the hills north of Manzanita Post last night, disturbed a bear but was only holding a .22 rifle, so ran away across a river on horseback.  At the last minute I realised that I was racing towards a guy who was fishing.  He understandably stopped fishing and drew a pistol, but didn't shoot.  I quickly messaged him to say 'b-b-bear..!' and he waved, I tipped my hat and we went our separate ways.  I wouldn't have blamed him had he just shot me from the off (most would have done - he probably couldn't see the bear, and I passed within 10 yards of him) but he didn't, and that is much more representative of my player encounters overall.  And the odd fight is fun and realistic, and I can handle myself, despite not being some tanked up war machine (I'm a stressed out, 45 year-old, married father of four seeking some distraction in the Old West).  I never feel uncompetitive.

So I'd just relax and let your own game experience shape your opinion of the game, rather than worrying about a few juicers posting on YT.  They won't post the dull bits, after all.

Happy Trails.

18 hours ago, BlereBlere said:

So i have to grind all my life to stand a chance at pvp vs those nolifer kids? To buy tonics and cheap god mode card upgrades and xplosive arrows

Pretty much.  I wouldn't say you have to grind all your life.   But that pretty much sums up the pvp in this game.  Its either players taking 20+ bullets  to die with SS defense build OR lazer fast lighting bolt arrows with PIB and auto aim.  With 100s of tonics to drink to keep it going.

By level 50 you'll have every card unlocked.    Explosive ammo is all unlocked by around lvl 90.

Thing is not everyone is hostile in the game.  So its not like its a non stop sh*t show.  But it you will get attacked.

PIB beats SS

SB beats SS.

SS beats PIB.

Auto aim beats Free Aim and mid to short range.

Free aIm beats Auto aim at long range.

They only ruin the game for you if you let them mate.

Trust me, some of the most toxic morons can be found in multiplayer gaming like this one. They only win when you get angry and they ruin your experience. Don't let a group of no-lifers have a laugh at your expense. Just move on. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:18 PM, BlereBlere said:

Sad to see you frustrated. I remember the time when i was 21 rank and yes it was hard to compete with rank 100+ players but i learned to do it, ranked up, geared up. 

Trust me you dont need to buy Gold Bars here so kids with money not so much. Try to rank up and gear up avoiding other players. That is what i did till i got lvl 50+. 

About tonics and exp ammo. They are in game and will get used. Just rank up untill you have em too and use them.. Tonics are very easy to make bcoz of the ability to buy materials for them @ madam Nazar. (it was easy before as well just more time consuming bcoz of the lobby changing). Im lvl 239 and 35 years old and use tonics and expl ammo bcoz they are a part of the gameplay. Not only kids use them ;) I came across some kids in RDR 2 Online but just a few. Usually talking shiet in chat, get muted quickly and a total disaster in pvp. 

You need to rank up a bit. Dont be mad at players that took their time to develop their chars and game skills for beeing better than you. 

My advice is to progress the game (its easier than it was on beta) and progress your skills and gear. Ability cards, guns, health, stamina , dead eye bars. 

• Like 1