How is the grieving online going

Cliffs

2 fellows roped me and pulled me off my horse in a town. They kept taking turns and then one of them killed me with a knife after they were bored of toying with me I guess. I am brand new to this game and could not react quickly enough.

And this is fun for them?

Maybe it's just a platform thing, but I actually haven't encountered a lot of Grieving. And if I do, it doesn't really get to me. Just try and leave them alone and get out of the area. Or, sometimes, if I want to waste all of my ammo, I engage in a little skirmish with them. It all depends on what you want to do though, you can always just rejoin a new server.

In rdr2 ps4 the greifers were everwhere. If someone saw me they had to shoot, at least thats my impression. Online pc version is a whole different experience, at least for me. I almost never get griefed or killed, happens of course but not much compared to console.

When you are rolling 7 deep there are none.

Make sure to equip your knife before they rope you so you can cut out of it instantly.

Get the reinforced lasso and get them back!

For the most part I think people are trying to farm and not too many are looking to troll.

I do feel for the Steam guys because they are going to get sh*t on by much higher level players next month.

Edited by NastyNatives
  • Like 1

There is always all this hand wringing and talk of griefers. 

I've been playing online for almost a year now, and while I have had people shoot me for no reason, ( in an outlaw game, go figure)  the overwhelming vast majority of players I've come across would just as soon wave. 

Kind of one of those things, like, people never post about all the people they pass without incident.  They only post about the negative thing that happened to them. So that's all you ever see.  

I wouldn't let people's whining of griefers keep you from buying a great game.  

With defensive mode you get huge damage reduction, low visibility on the map, and opponents can't auto aim on you. Add those up and you can just as easily leave the area or find a safe zone and go about your business.  

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 1:52 PM, Cliffs said:

Was asking about grievers not performance.

When it first came out this was a big problem for online players like myself who just wanted to go out and enjoy the map.  I was very frustrated at first, seeings how this was the first time I had ever played an online game and I didn't want to play online any more because of it.  With the updates and changes that Rockstar made, you can play in Defensive mode and it made a HUGE difference.  A big part of the beauty of both story mode and online is just trekking out and exploring so Defensive mode really makes it possible to do without being harassed by players who wish to gun down anything that flinches.  ;  )   I respect they are having fun but it was destroying my enjoyment.  I can honestly say that after the updates, I really love online play now.   I have PS4 version, XBoxOne version and now PC version.  Online in all three is completely enjoyable. 

Edited by AnnieGetURGuns
  • Like 1