Buff the small game arrow a notch!!!

Dr-Shinobi

Quite pissed paying around 350 dollars for small game arrow tablet realizing you cant even headshot a rabbit. I mean they dont even pay well in the butcher bench 3 star and small creatures are already hard to hunt hiding in bushes, grass and are more reactive at times, either that or nerf small creatures health. ----> RE: or perhaps nvm prob is a vermin rifle. Big however snakes has small game arrow in the description so aperantly i must headshot em ? since one hit on it isnt enough! Also it only says vermint rifle on Turkey but you can hit it in the body with a bow with no change to the stars so all this must be looked thru

Edited by Dr-Shinobi

1 hour ago, The_Liquor said:

Just buy a .22 lol. 

No i like my bow and shots with that makes sound which higher the risk of prey in my surrounding going away. But yeah guess i have to!  

For an arrow that demands a bit of work to make 1 that is this weak is funny as ****. I know Rockstar is sadistic and its alright but this crossed the line xD

Also while youre at it. Im roleplaying as an Bandit online and just feeding my horse doesnt make me a good person xD Make it more flexible asw ex that you get bad rep for giving the horse a stimulant, i mean my horsey friends wouldnt liked if i damn put an anabola in their beloved ones neck 

Edited by Dr-Shinobi
Combined consecutive posts
  • Like 1

I agree as a fellow bow user... small game should kill anything smaller than a coyote. Muskrats, turkey, etc..... just my opinion. I can't put the bow away. But as it is the small game pamphlet does more than pay for it self with squirrels, quail. 

Its set in stone which weapon(s) you can use to take down an animal at 3*. Might not be correct for the real world but it is what it is.

Bow is worth carrying around for filling the satchel with perfect small carcasses that you can donate to Cripps when you're struggling to fill the materials bar or the challenges of small and perfect carcasses come up together.

I found this to be inaccurate myself with how the reality of how this kind of bow should function. I do really enjoy using bows in the game but I don't use them for serious hunting because they have a tendency to not get a clean kill or muck up a perfect pelt as mentioned.

Rabbits require a Regular arrow or Varmint rifle shot to maintain quality. Small Game arrows are best used on "tiny" animals, like squirrels, chipmunks, songbirds, chickens, quail, rats, bats, bullfrogs, toads and snakes. Sometimes the Small Game arrow will merely graze your target and that will degrade their quality. You'll know if you get a light grey hit marker and see the arrow bounce off. A direct hit on the target will kill it and give you a perfect carcass, regardless of quality (except snakes, you must get a headshot on a snake)

Muskrats also require Regular arrows, as I sadly found out the hard way... Cripps loves those muskrats!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Moosh89 said:

Cripps loves those muskrats!

Which is brilliant as I absolutely hate them and shoot any I see just for fun. I've had an irrational dislike to them ever since one bit my ankle while I was hunting something else down on the Dakota riverbed. 😁

Starting to see them a bit more often again these days, they appeared to have died out for a while.

21 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

. I've had an irrational dislike to them ever since one bit my ankle while I was hunting something else down on the Dakota riverbed. 

I had this bug when i got bit by one same way as you did. Maybe you had it too: After i got bit my ankle just would not stop bleeding. I was fishing at that time and my leg kept on bleeding until i changed session about an hour later. 

About the arrows - i hardly ever use them. Only time i remember using them was in SP to obtain 3 star tiny pelts for trapper to make clothes.   Tried them in Online but there is no real purpouse for them online as you dont really need 3 star tiny animal carcasses. Bolt action + Varmint is enough. 

After last weeks update it is super easy to fill Cripps bcoz of more animals and more points for feathers and parts. I even stopped hunting finding out that you can just go to a sleeping cougar location , kill the 3 star cougar , pack him on hunting wagon , change session and repeat till 5 x 3* cougars and viola ! 

I bought into small game arrows etc because I am rich so thought I should find out.  Much like the hunting wagon I have ditched it.  I use the varmint or the bolt action for hunting, depending on the size of the prey.  If Cripps needs perfect carcasses I can get perfect rabbits with the varmint or perfect deer with a scoped bolt action.  I found the small game arrows a lot of faff and prep for insufficient benefit.  I reserve my bow for griefers and dynamite.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I use my bow only for dynamite and fire arrows as well. And if there is a pvp daily including bow.     

Tracking arrow for bounty hunter is a BS as well imo. Only for daily. 

You're a beacon of sense and reason in a confused world!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally, I use the varmit rifle and the bolt action for 99% of my hunting. The how, when I’m in the mood is mostly for deer sized game for me. I’ll break it out if I’m running low on rifle ammo and still want to hunt on my way (you get your arrows back). I do have the small game pamphlet, I just never bothered with them online.

it’s also good if you’re soloing a hideout or a bounty hunt and you want to thin out the enemy population a little bit without raising an alarm...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Tracking arrow for bounty hunter is a BS as well imo. Only for daily. 

Ever been tagged by one of those bad boys by a friend? Good times LOL. I keep a stack of scent glands handy just for that!

• Haha 1