11/13/19 RDR2 Official PC Update on Stuttering Issues, etc.

Kean_1

6 minutes ago, Anteronoid said:

Well, still getting random crashes. 

"However, we are still currently working together with Nvidia to completely resolve the stuttering issue in a future update and it may take us up to a few days to properly test everything and ensure the next update completely solves the problem."  

btw, this Tweet is regarding the "stuttering issue", not necessarily the crashes some have.  .....but from my understanding, they are working on that too.

In the meantime, I'd check some of these threads in the PC section here.  Some folks may be posting a potential solution that works for you.

Oh, just read the update isn't released yet, it will come later today.
Hopefully it is so and soon fixed but the crashes seems to stem from memory allocation and DEP, so everything will sooner or later crash again because the game handles memory wrong and its why its so random.

I have no issues with performance, stutter or launcher. Just random crashes and yes, i have tried everything here and on reddit, :) But thank you anyway! 

Ok first off my PC:

1950x Threadripper

asus rog strix 1080 ti

135 GB G.Skill Ram

Water Cooled

I can't run this game at 1080i on complete low settings!  WTF?!?  Just studders.  

It ran perfectly fine when the day it came out. then all the updates I think screwed it up. Is there anyway I can ask for a refund for the game?

Beyond pissed.

• Kean_1 changed the title to 11/13/19 RDR2 Official PC Update on Stuttering Issues, etc.

That is cool they are giving out care packages for the issues. They honestly don't have to do that but at least this is showing they are sorry for what is happening. I know Rockstar is not everyone's favorite developer but you'd have to imagine they don't want all this stuff happening and want the game to work and function the way they intended it to not just for profit, but player enjoyment.

3 minutes ago, Trespasser said:

well. i just got it and still have those freezes. Ain't fixed at all. 

"However, we are still currently working together with Nvidia to completely resolve the stuttering issue in a future update and it may take us up to a few days to properly test everything and ensure the next update completely solves the problem."  

3 minutes ago, Trespasser said:

sorry, but the patch doesn't fix the stuttering, at least not for me...

"However, we are still currently working together with Nvidia to completely resolve the stuttering issue in a future update and it may take us up to a few days to properly test everything and ensure the next update completely solves the problem."  

Accdg. to this forum it was supposed to fix the stutters. But in my case here's what it did:

1) did not fix it

2) forced my some settings to low or off.

3) ruined the "Add Waypoint" feature. Now you can't just press "Enter" on any place on the map . If you do it places the waypoint some place else.

C'mon RS you can do better than this. 'sigh'

It also said this which I repeated in the two other posts you made about this:

I'm not saying your stuttering issues will be fixed in the next few days then the next update hits but let's be honest here about what they actually said.

As for the other issues, I would definitely report them to R* Support.  Let them know that the problems started after the last patch, etc.

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.70053337.894380600.1573717831-275874444.1573717831

16 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Merging some of these threads together as we don't need multiple discussions on the same topic.

Look, pls look at it from the point of view of the paying customer, if we get notices about "fixes" we as an excited and enthusiastic bunch get hopeful such that if our issues aren't fixed, we get disappointed. That's all there is to it. I'm not cursing to the high heavens nor asking for a refund, i love the game and so do a lot of gamers. All i'm saying is it's frustrating. That's all. But i appreciate your prompt replies. It's proper. Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Trespasser said:

Look, pls look at it from the point of view of the paying customer, if we get notices about "fixes" we as an excited and enthusiastic bunch get hopeful such that if our issues aren't fixed, we get disappointed. That's all there is to it. I'm not cursing to the high heavens nor asking for a refund, i love the game and so do a lot of gamers. All i'm saying is it's frustrating. That's all. But i appreciate your prompt replies. It's proper. Thank you.

Not sure if you're aware but I am a paying customer like you.  RDR2.org is a fan site that isn't affiliated with R* or Take Two in any way.  There are no R* representatives that interact openly on these forums.  

I get the frustration and that people want to share that here and that's fine.  We encourage folks to participate.  .....but we don't need multiple posts or threads stating the same argument which was my point.  

I'm just trying to help the PC folks out by posting the latest news and updates regarding some of these issues.  I'm trying to avoid people having to wade through all of that just to get to the information that might actually be helpful to resolving their problems. 

I hope that clears things up.

More details on the stuttering problem, status and potential work-arounds:

Graphics stuttering or stalling in Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC

Created November 14, 2019Updated November 14, 2019
FollowPrint

Question: The graphics in Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC stutter or stall for several seconds when playing, how can I fix it?

Answer: We have identified an issue with certain NVIDIA graphics card drivers that cause significant stalls of several seconds on systems with 4-core and 6-core CPUs. While we work with NVIDIA to improve driver performance, a temporary work around can be added to the launch arguments of the game to re-balance workload on the CPU cores and avoid the conditions that cause this issue.

Note: This workaround might slightly change performance in towns on some of the hardware configurations. We will review the scheme following future graphics card driver updates.

Rockstar Games Launcher

1. Disable any custom workarounds for this issue, including Process Lasso or BES
  2. Start the Rockstar Games Launcher
  3. Select Settings
  4. Under My installed Games Select Red Dead Redemption 2
  5. Scroll down to Launch arguments
  6. Add the following command

-cpuLoadRebalancing

7. Select Games
  8. Launch Red Dead Redemption 2

Epic Games Launcher

1. Disable any custom workarounds for this issue, including Process Lasso or BES
  2. Start the Epic Games Launcher
  3. Select Settings
  4. Scroll down to Red Dead Redemption 2
  5. Check the box Additional Command Line Arguments

-cpuLoadRebalancing

7. Return to the Main Menu

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

More details on the stuttering problem, status and potential work-arounds:

Graphics stuttering or stalling in Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC

Created November 14, 2019Updated November 14, 2019
FollowPrint

Question: The graphics in Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC stutter or stall for several seconds when playing, how can I fix it?

Answer: We have identified an issue with certain NVIDIA graphics card drivers that cause significant stalls of several seconds on systems with 4-core and 6-core CPUs. While we work with NVIDIA to improve driver performance, a temporary work around can be added to the launch arguments of the game to re-balance workload on the CPU cores and avoid the conditions that cause this issue.

Note: This workaround might slightly change performance in towns on some of the hardware configurations. We will review the scheme following future graphics card driver updates.

Rockstar Games Launcher

2. Start the Rockstar Games Launcher
  3. Select Settings
  4. Under My installed Games Select Red Dead Redemption 2
  5. Scroll down to Launch arguments

-cpuLoadRebalancing

7. Select Games

Epic Games Launcher

2. Start the Epic Games Launcher
  3. Select Settings
  4. Scroll down to Red Dead Redemption 2
  5. Check the box Additional Command Line Arguments

-cpuLoadRebalancing

7. Return to the Main Menu

Thanks , much obliged partner!

7 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

this is encouraging.

Well just made my game worse with more crashes and more stuttering,.... what a mess

edit: Actually what i just did was delete the "-cpuloadrebalancing" and it seems to be functioning alot better, just an fyi if anyone has tried that

Edited by Tminus6453

Finally got some some last night to test the new patch and for me it worked fine.
The crashes i got after the first patch seems to have gone away, i could run it for 2,5h and exit without crashes now.

So now I'm happy again, I really hope the crashes are totally gone because this weekend will be an Irish Coffee induced Cowboy Adventure Weekend. 🤠

Edited by Anteronoid

On 11/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, Trespasser said:

3) ruined the "Add Waypoint" feature. Now you can't just press "Enter" on any place on the map . If you do it places the waypoint some place else.

Same here, but double clicking still works.

For me the patch added occasional minor stuttering, which it didn't do before. However, the game now crashes a LOT less, and since it used to do one minor stutter just before it crashed, I'm guessing that the new stuttering are the points where the game would have crashed before, but now it's just about hanging in there, so I'm not too bothered. It's brief and not super often anyway.

Hi, the update did improve the sability of the game but the cpu peak that crash the engine still occur, i tryed  "-cpuloadrebalancing"  it didnt work too, in the last post i made for the error 0x20010006 some folks tough Process lasso fixed my problem, i havnt said that, it did improve the stability of the game like the last patch did but after 20-30 min the error still happen randomly due to that peak again, Battle encoder shirase 1.6.2 did fix it for me and few friend,

Edited by Itz0wnerQc

Remember, there is supposed to be a follow up patch in a few days that may also help address this issue for more people.  In any event, I would suggest folks continue to submit tickets especially if the updates are not fixing the problem for them and/or are making it worse, etc.

i Have no doubt R* will fix it , i just couldn't wait for them to understand the problem and find a solution. BES did fix anycrash and error to occur, error 0x20010006 is due to the engine to be suspended for few second and unexpected crash its when the process terminate itself. all of that because of its cpu peak, one of my friend have an i7 with a low build and had less bug and crash than another one of my friend with a Big i5 build . Engine need to be optimize but since the last update it allready has less freeze and strutter for alot of us, its heading in the good way

Edited by Itz0wnerQc