5 solo lobbies during 5 distant deliveries

Freakshow9191

Today I delivered or helped deliver 5 large distant trader wagons. 

Every time we were in a solo server by ourselves. 

We were always in a populated server before starting the run, and never did anything to try and get a solo server. (We enjoy conflict).   We were always thrown back in populated servers after we were paid.  

Hope this isn't the new way of doing runs.  if this is the case there is no reason for "rival traders can steal the wagon" banner to flash. 

No chance to defend, no chance to steal.  Snoozefest.  

Anyone else experiencing this? 

I had this for some time now and it BLOWS !!!! Last 4 distant deliveries i made (i only do local deliveries when there is a daily for them coz i like the threat of distant delivery) were all in solo Lobby. I didnt notice at first 2 - i was just dissapointed that i didnt meet no one. On the 3rd delivery i checked and saw that im indeed only one on the server. Next 2 deliveries were the same - both solo lobby.   My last delivery was 2 days ago and it was the first one in a full server.  Ill have 100 materials today to deliver i wonder if it will be solo or normal this time. All and all it seems like there is a bug of some sort. I know some ppl may like it but honestly i dont see a sense in playing an empty server with no dangers at all. I can only hope this is not intended. First the pvp dailys were dropped ( i miss them a lot - nowdays almost all are pick this , hunt that, cook this,  booooooooooooring; i miss the free roam pvp daily's) now this??? 

I don't miss the free roam pvp dailies as they were misused as cover for griefing. There are still plenty of PvP dailies that crop up, either for FREs or showdowns which is where they belong. The other day 3 or 4 of the challenges were player killing if you want that sort of thing. Not sure where the challenge ever was in doing them in Free Roam to unsuspecting players anyway?

Back on topic, I rarely do trader deliveries these days but the last distant one I did was on a posse-only server.

• Like 1

Solo lobbies in free roam are the way to play this game for some of us. It's great when the game does it by itself because then I don't have to try and glitch one myself.

I only do long distance deliveries while in solo lobbies to avoid griefers/bullies. 

3 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I don't miss the free roam pvp dailies as they were misused as cover for griefing. There are still plenty of PvP dailies that crop up, either for FREs or showdowns which is where they belong. The other day 3 or 4 of the challenges were player killing if you want that sort of thing. Not sure where the challenge ever was in doing them in Free Roam to unsuspecting players anyway?

Back on topic, I rarely do trader deliveries these days but the last distant one I did was on a posse-only server.

Me neither. Free Roam dailies made absolutely no sense as it didn't fit in the "play your way" style R* was touting. ....and I agree, it was essentially condoning griefing as it had players killing other players who had no choice.

I'm glad R* quickly realized this (likely from feedback) and corrected the situation.

As for long deliveries, I have a feeling this is just a glitch, bug or some other problem. Personally, I would suggest anyone experiencing the problem (who cares to have it fixed) contact R* Support.

This is obviously an activity in the game meant to include rivalry with other players.  .....more risk, more reward. It would make no sense to neuter it. If that was their intention, I would suspect they would get rid of it instead but who knows.

Update: 

Sundays deliveries we did 3. First 2 were solo.

But finally we got a populated server for the last. AND, a posse tried to take it. Heart rate went from 0 to 1000 in 0.5 seconds. Great firefight. 

So I haven't figured it out yet. 1 out of 8 this weekend were solo.  Will be delivering a couple more tonight. Hope it's populated. 

3 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

Solo lobbies in free roam are the way to play this game for some of us. It's great when the game does it by itself because then I don't have to try and glitch one myself.

I only do long distance deliveries while in solo lobbies to avoid griefers/bullies. 

But... the thieves and bullies are the whole reason long deliveries pay more.... It’s almost like you are cheating to gain more without the risk when you deliberately glitch the system to make the long delivery unopposed... I firmly believe stealing a long delivery is not at all griefing. It’s just playing the game. (Maybe a little bullyish, but outlaws are kind of bully’s...)

I should also add that (at least at this point in time) most opposition is close to balanced after the first few levels (unlike GTA with all the ridiculous contraptions). A level 50 player can easily hold off a level 200+ player. Unless maybe one or the other is deliberately cheating... 

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Liquor said:

But... the thieves and bullies are the whole reason long deliveries pay more.... It’s almost like you are cheating to gain more without the risk when you deliberately glitch the system to make the long delivery unopposed... I firmly believe stealing a long delivery is not at all griefing. It’s just playing the game. (Maybe a little bullyish, but outlaws are kind of bully’s...)

I should also add that (at least at this point in time) most opposition is close to balanced after the first few levels (unlike GTA with all the ridiculous contraptions). A level 50 player can easily hold off a level 200+ player. Unless maybe one or the other is deliberately cheating... 

Believe me, I'm not trying to speak for you or any else who finds the presence of griefers/bullies at any time as a good thing. I'm just saying that as players, some of us do not. And I agree that according to Rockstar's "rules," it's not griefing to attack a delivery--but it's not something that some of us signed on for when we purchased this game. Playing as an outlaw wasn't supposed to be the only way to play this game online if the promo material is to be believed. 

"Balanced" as I see it in this game also takes into account the temperament of the players involved. A passive player being attacked by a griefer isn't "balanced" to me. And that's one of the reasons some of us players are glitching solo lobbies and using semi invulnerability glitches.  

8 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

Believe me, I'm not trying to speak for you or any else who finds the presence of griefers/bullies at any time as a good thing. I'm just saying that as players, some of us do not. And I agree that according to Rockstar's "rules," it's not griefing to attack a delivery--but it's not something that some of us signed on for when we purchased this game. Playing as an outlaw wasn't supposed to be the only way to play this game online if the promo material is to be believed. 

"Balanced" as I see it in this game also takes into account the temperament of the players involved. A passive player being attacked by a griefer isn't "balanced" to me. And that's one of the reasons some of us players are glitching solo lobbies and using semi invulnerability glitches.  

It’s not like there isn’t options... such as choosing the local delivery to nearly eliminate the risk of being robbed in exchange for less money... (also allows you to make delivery in defensive mode I believe. But I cannot confirm). And again, robbing a long distance delivery is not griefing. It’s simply robbing you. Now if the delivery mission ends and either party decides to keep harassing the other, it’s griefing.

I get that you don’t like the conflict, nearly all your posts highlight that. But you can’t keep calling every bit of conflict in the game griefing or bullying. It’s just playing the game when done in the proper context. But glitching your way into a solo lobby to get the higher reward and eliminate the risk is cheating in my mind, however you justify it.

18 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I always do the pvp dailys i start from them. Problem is you can make 3 or even 4 of them in one showdown. "Griefing" as you call it is a part of game. 

And i also see glitching solo lobbies or gathering collectibles with an internet map with all rotations and locations as cheating. I dont do it and never will. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837

3 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

"Griefing" as you call it is a part of game. 

I'm not talking about people mutually engaging in PvP in free roam, and I don't have a problem with PvP interference in missions or deliveries, but having PvP challenges for Free Roam bred people shooting the first unaware players they encountered just to meet a quota for a bit of gold. Pretty pointless. Showdowns or FREs are a much better arena for those challenges.

Well i liked the free roam pvp events but i understand why maybe a majority of ppl dont like them. Maybe its bcoz for 10 years i played a Korean mmorpg where killing other players was everyday's bread. It just doesnt bother me. 

About the pvp dailys. Cmon we need more of them and not the same ones over and over again "shoot 3 players using dead eye, shoot 3 players in the head, kill 3 players with a knife or shoot 3 players with exploisves, bow"..... I would like to see something with more....finesse

Same with free roam daily's..... same ones over and over again. I borke my streak y-day bcoz i was to bored to play, i dont really care for it no more i got to my goal of 500 gold bars. I dont need more IMO. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

It’s not like there isn’t options... such as choosing the local delivery to nearly eliminate the risk of being robbed in exchange for less money... (also allows you to make delivery in defensive mode I believe. But I cannot confirm). And again, robbing a long distance delivery is not griefing. It’s simply robbing you. Now if the delivery mission ends and either party decides to keep harassing the other, it’s griefing.

I get that you don’t like the conflict, nearly all your posts highlight that. But you can’t keep calling every bit of conflict in the game griefing or bullying. It’s just playing the game when done in the proper context. But glitching your way into a solo lobby to get the higher reward and eliminate the risk is cheating in my mind, however you justify it.

I readily accept that you and some others see glitching solo lobbies as cheating, just as I expect Rockstar does. Your prerogative. My "cheating" to glitch a solo lobby has no effect on you whatsoever, so I'm really not moved by that claim, one way or the other.

As individuals, we're cut from different cloth as I find "simply robbing you" as harassment, regardless of the context. Just because Rockstar allows people to be griefers doesn't mean they have to take advantage of it. That's a choice each player makes. 

The game did not promote Online as some constant PvP only experience--which is what this game is unless it's glitched. So, yeah, I'm going to glitch to make the experience as close to the one that was advertised, as close to the one that I expected when I purchased. 

Sorry, the glitching solo lobbies isn’t even the biggest gripe I have with your stance... But it’s continually calling the legitimate conflict built into the game griefing and harassment.  If you don’t want to take the risk, take the smaller reward. If you do take the risk and someone gets you, they’re not out just to harass you or grief.  I’m not saying there isn’t griefing in the game, because there is. And yes, your cheating does have an effect on others. It’s giving you an unfair advantage in receiving larger rewards without taking the risks in the game... Kind of like stealing money from the Monopoly bank to cover rent because you feel like the other players are harassing you when you land on Boardwalk and are asked to pay up....

Not to mention, if people keep exploiting glitches, developers spend extra time trying to address glitches and less time developing new content...

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Sorry, the glitching solo lobbies isn’t even the biggest gripe I have with your stance... But it’s continually calling the legitimate conflict built into the game griefing and harassment.  If you don’t want to take the risk, take the smaller reward. If you do take the risk and someone gets you, they’re not out just to harass you or grief.  I’m not saying there isn’t griefing in the game, because there is. And yes, your cheating does have an effect on others. It’s giving you an unfair advantage in receiving larger rewards without taking the risks in the game... Kind of like stealing money from the Monopoly bank to cover rent because you feel like the other players are harassing you when you land on Boardwalk and are asked to pay up....

We disagree on what "legitimate conflict" was advertised to be in this game and there will never be a meeting of the minds there between us (I've noticed your previous comments also); so it would be wasting both of our times to address that. Bottom line, some feel the game is "fair" as is (with its encouragement of PvP and griefing) , others do not. That's not going to change. So you will continue to play your way and accept whatever Rockstar gives or doesn't give you, while I will not.

I'm curious. While I glitch lobbies to avoid dealing with griefers and bullies, currently, another portion of the player base is actively glitching solo lobbies to have access to their camps (because if they can't make camp, they don't have access to Cripps, which means they can't make Trader money) and to increase animal spawns. Is their "cheating" unacceptable to you also, even though it corrects Rockstar's camp and animal spawn issues? 

I also disagree with your comparison of RDO to Monopoly. My opinion is that the amount of money or "larger rewards" I personally have in RDO have absolutely no bearing on you while in Monopoly they certainly do. Totally different games, totally different goals, at least in my opinion.

Well, the more money you have, the more ammo you can buy, the better horses you can buy, the better your ability cards can be, the more tonics your can have... Bottom line, the more advantage you hold over other players wether or not you personally choose to use it or not...

And  yes, I do find all sorts of glitching distasteful. The main reason I’ve given up on GTA V online is because I found the only way to get ahead in its current state (from a low level and broke) is to cheat your way into a solo Lobby to run your businesses. I flat out refuse to play that way and would much rather not play at all. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Well, the more money you have, the more ammo you can buy, the better horses you can buy, the better your ability cards can be, the more tonics your can have... Bottom line, the more advantage you hold over other players wether or not you personally choose to use it or not...

And  yes, I do find all sorts of glitching distasteful. The main reason I’ve given up on GTA V online is because I found the only way to get ahead in its current state (from a low level and broke) is to cheat your way into a solo Lobby to run your businesses. I flat out refuse to play that way and would much rather not play at all. 

That's pretty much what I thought...

As a person not interested in PvP, those things you mention are of no importance to me. I only own my PS4 horse, I bought one coat for the cold, I bought one ability card and I don't purchase tonics. As I said, we will never agree because, in essence, we're playing two different games.

And the broken state of the game I mentioned (camps, animal spawns) might drive some away...but others, after spending their hard earned money, don't think it makes sense for them to play the game in its broken state when a fix/glitch is so easily accomplished.

Edited by Netnow66

Honestly, I personally haven’t found animal spawns to be an issue for some time now... Camps can be annoying, but I can generally get one set up somewhere every time, even if it’s not exactly where I want it. Nothing I feel I need to resort to glitching to correct myself. I do hope Rockstar gets things ironed out pretty soon though so it is less of a headache. As for the PvP elements... well, it is a cowboy game... old timey gunfights with revolvers and lever guns are kind of a staple of the genre... I expect my wagons to be stolen, Cattle to be rustled, my bounties to be collected etc. I also expect to be afforded the opportunity to play either side of the spectrum if I choose. No sense playing a good guy without any bad guys....

This discussion has sort of gone off the rails but since the OP joined in as well I figured, what the hell.  Here's my perspective......

Personally, I never agreed with @Netnow66's view on R* "false advertising" the online experience or not delivering the proper balance in RDO.  The issue is the extent at which they balanced the game not meeting expectations.  I don't think some will ever be happy with RDO until R* provides separate, private lobbies or truely passive experience, free aim lobbies, etc.  R* has made it clear that is not the direction they are interested in going and IMO, they have been doing a lot to make the experience more flexible to different playstyles.   .....and they continue to tweak it.  

Right, wrong or indifferent, R* has designed RDO as a one-stop online experience and IMO they have done a decent job of trying to make it accessible to various types of players.  Sure, griefing is still an issue but it can be mitigated through the use of certain in-game features, choice of mission types, tactics, etc.  It's simply not as prevalent as some make it out to be IMO.  You just can't play the game with blinders on expecting that Defensive Mode (or any of the features) will act as a passive shield against other players.

I understand the desire to have passive options but simply don't agree with the argument that R* somehow cheated people into thinking that would be the case.   .....but I doubt we will ever see eye to eye on this.

Now, glitching yourself into solo sessions......  I have zero problem with this.  In fact, I do it myself in GTAO.  

Much like in @Netnow66's case, I have absolutely no interest in playing against other players when it comes to GTAO.  Yes, I use the MTU settings to force myself into a solo session or one with like-minded people but that's essentially the only way I ever play the game.  ......that or friend-only sessions when my buddies are on and want to run missions.  I don't participate in PvP events nor engage other players in public sessions by disrupting their missions, griefing, etc.  

In RDO, if @Netnow66 has a way to enjoy the game playing solo, I say more power to him and others who do the same.  I don't consider it cheating at all especially since it really has no effect on anyone else in how he uses it.  ......and I don't buy the idea that it unfairly robs people of a target who legitimately raid other players missions.  The fact is, folks like Netnow simply wouldn't participate in those types of missions anyhow.  ....or perhaps wouldn't even play the game if they didn't have the choice they do now.  

Personally, I wouldn't be playing GTAO if it wasn't for the MTU work-around but I also don't use it to my advantage against other players.  I simply don't like the level of griefing that's allowed in that game.   

The MTU trick in GTA is widely known even to R*.  I think they've tolerated it all these years because of the access it gives solo players to a lot of the activities in the game they can't get via a private session.   They are not blind to it and have the ability to deny folks the use of it like they did in RDO.  ....but then again, unlike GTAO, R* has taken big steps to help mitigate griefing in RDO and continue to do so.  They really want RDO to be an experience everyone can enjoy.  This is the only reason I play online in RDR2.  If it were anything like GTAO in that regard (as some want it to be), I wouldn't likely be here.  .....or I would be doing something similar to Net's solution.  

Having said that, if someone is using the MTU trick in GTAO or the solo session glitch in RDO to gain unfair advantages against other players in either game, that's cheating plain and simple.   On the other hand, if folks are using it to enjoy the game the only way they can or (in some cases) to work around bugs in the game or similar, I don't have a problem.  

• Like 2

Well, people are going to do what people are going to do. Wether or not I personally find it distasteful to do it myself isn’t going to change anything... But if I happen to attack your long delivery I don’t deserve to be reported, called a griefer, bully or whatever other name you come up with to make me sound like some kind of evil ass just because someone doesn’t like the way the game is. (I would deserve to be shot, fought, gruesomely knifed, lassoed, hogtied, thrown off a bridge)...

30 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Honestly, I personally haven’t found animal spawns to be an issue for some time now... Camps can be annoying, but I can generally get one set up somewhere every time, even if it’s not exactly where I want it. Nothing I feel I need to resort to glitching to correct myself. I do hope Rockstar gets things ironed out pretty soon though so it is less of a headache. As for the PvP elements... well, it is a cowboy game... old timey gunfights with revolvers and lever guns are kind of a staple of the genre... I expect my wagons to be stolen, Cattle to be rustled, my bounties to be collected etc. I also expect to be afforded the opportunity to play either side of the spectrum if I choose. No sense playing a good guy without any bad guys....

If you say you haven't had an issue with animal spawns or camps, I believe you. But I will say that is not the experience of most players I encounter, both online and in forums. I view this the same way as I do griefing, in that there are some people who will tell you they have never been griefed while others say it happens to them every time they log on. If that's your experience, it would be presumptuous of me to tell you it is not. If you tell my you haven't had a problem with animal spawns for some time now, so be it. But, if you did a poll, I'm betting you'd be in a minority.

As for the PvP argument, I go by two main points. First, that the pre-release ads for RDO didn't tell players that purchasing this game would put them at the mercy of griefers and bullies, essentially making this a PvP only affair. In fact, it stated the opposite. I've posted the ads here before, so it's obvious that we are all reading the same content but something gets lost (on one side or the other) when we digest the written material.

Second, there are many games that allow PvP but don't allow griefing or bullying, WoW coming to mind immediately. I played that game for years without ever even a hint of the PvP aspect of it, while others took advantage of the PvP almost daily once they got their gear leveled. My assumption is that RDO could have been the same. As someone who has died at the hands of NPC ambushers and encountered various other NPC attacks (as one would in PvE), I have no problem dealing with the adversity already present in the game. No need as far as I'm concerned to add the player bullies and griefers. 

2 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

Well, people are going to do what people are going to do. Wether or not I personally find it distasteful to do it myself isn’t going to change anything... But if I happen to attack your long delivery I don’t deserve to be reported, called a griefer, bully or whatever other name you come up with to make me sound like some kind of evil ass just because someone doesn’t like the way the game is. (I would deserve to be shot, fought, gruesomely knifed, lassoed, hogtied, thrown off a bridge)...

Two different things here but I agree that someone attacking a long distance delivery isn't the same as griefing or any kind of bullying, period.  .....at least not by R*'s definition which I happen to agree with.  The indiscriminate killing of others in sessions for no other purpose than to cause someone grief, to troll, etc. is entirely different thing than someone participating in a mission, events, etc.

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Two different things here but I agree that someone attacking a long distance delivery isn't the same as griefing or any kind of bullying, period.  .....at least not by R*'s definition which I happen to agree with.  The indiscriminate killing of others in sessions for no other purpose than to cause someone grief, to troll, etc. is entirely different thing than someone participating in a mission, events, etc.

...which I disagree with so it leads me back to the reason I (and some other players) intentionally glitch solo lobbies when the game doesn't.

Just as I said earlier, typically, there simply won't be a meeting of the minds regarding what does/does not constitute griefing in RDO, especially when we can't even agree on what Rockstar stated in their pre-release materials. 

24 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

...which I disagree with so it leads me back to the reason I (and some other players) intentionally glitch solo lobbies when the game doesn't.

Just as I said earlier, typically, there simply won't be a meeting of the minds regarding what does/does not constitute griefing in RDO......

Most published definitions will agree with R*'s and my take on it but yeah, some people are gonna call it whatever they want even when describing those that participate in any sanctioned PvP related activities in RDO Free Roam.  As for me, I simply choose not to call those things "griefing" if for anything to not confuse real "griefers" with those simply playing those missions as designed.  .....and again, if folks think that's still griefing or are bothered by it, then they don't have to participate.   R* doesn't force those missions on you if you don't want to play them.  

32 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

......especially when we can't even agree on what Rockstar stated in their pre-release materials. 

It has nothing to do with what was stated.  There's no argument from me there.  It's in the interpretation on specific terms, context and other details where we have disagreements.   .....but this is all old news as we have both quoted R* on the topic.

• Kean_1 locked this topic