massive problems with camp setup

NeKryXe

i've been having massive problems with camp setup since the game launch.

it's very very difficult to set a camp, since it rarely appear, and when it does it is constantly changing place randomly. it's absolutely retarded.

now it completely vanished from the map, i still receive messages informing that the production is halted and i'm filled with hours and hours of pelts that i'm sure that will disappear if i log out.

i read a some people on form saying that they never use the camp. i'd love to never use the camp too, but i can't figure out how to complete the trader tasks without a camp.

so... how can we stop using the stupid bugged camp and complete the trader tasks? is there another place where we can deliver the damn pelts? in alternative... is there a safe place to store the pelts to log out and wait for the return of the camp?

I feel your pain. Dunno if I'd call it a massive problem, but certainly an annoyance.

I deal with it by using Fast Travel a lot. When the camp disappears - usually when doing a mission, as then you change lobbies, but sometimes randomly as well - I try to pitch the camp again where I want. That rarely works, so I pitch it wherever it lets me, and then Fast Travel to camp. That cuts into profits a bit, but at least it keeps me (mostly) sane.

The camp is meant to move just like it did on console but it shouldn't be moving all the time to the point where it is becoming and inconvenience. 

Unfortunately, a big part of this game is designed to play alongside the campsite so you will have trouble doing most things without one.

7 hours ago, Anc1entC0re said:

Unfortunately, a big part of this game is designed to play alongside the campsite so you will have trouble doing most things without one.

I rarely ever needed my camp. It only really became really necessary when the new roles were introduced and even then it was really only needed for trading.  The only other time it really was of any use to me was cooking but then again, you can cook an just about any open campfire you find.

You can do most things without one actually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I rarely ever needed my camp. It only really became really necessary when the new roles were introduced and even then it was really only needed for trading.  The only other time it really was of any use to me was cooking but then again, you can cook an just about any open campfire you find.

You can do most things without one actually.

I understand. but i can't find any alternative way to deliver the pelts.

also... i never understood why i pay 2$ over and over again for a camp that doesn't appear, and why i pay 1$ every few minutes for the camp that doesn't even exists.

3 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

also... i never understood why i pay 2$ over and over again for a camp that doesn't appear, and why i pay 1$ every few minutes for the camp that doesn't even exists.

If that last part is the case for you, that sounds like a bug. For me, it may take umpteen attempts before the camp spawns, but the 2 bucks only gets paid when it actually spawns. And I'm pretty sure the 1 dollar fee only gets paid when the camp is up as well, not when it disappeared and I play without camp for a while.

3 minutes ago, flu007 said:

If that last part is the case for you, that sounds like a bug. For me, it may take umpteen attempts before the camp spawns, but the 2 bucks only gets paid when it actually spawns. And I'm pretty sure the 1 dollar fee only gets paid when the camp is up as well, not when it disappeared and I play without camp for a while.

i pay 2$ multiple times until the camp appears. sometimes it appears at the first or second attempt but it's extremely rare, usually it takes many attempts.

anyway, even when it doesn't appear or when it disappears, i'm always continuously being billed.

i really enjoyed the hunt on single player but i'm hating it online because of the hideous camp. i'd really like to stop using the camp but continuing doing the trader role. there must be a way to do it without the camp, otherwise this is just rockstar cheating the players.

1 hour ago, NeKryXe said:

I understand. That reply was directed at the comment I quoted about having trouble with most things in the game without one.

It seems every update they do fixes some problems with the camps but ends up breaking others. I am sure they are still trying to work out what is wrong with them. I have been having issues too, as have many other people. It sucks but we have to wait it out.

6 hours ago, bluntTR4P said:

It seems every update they do fixes some problems with the camps but ends up breaking others. I am sure they are still trying to work out what is wrong with them. I have been having issues too, as have many other people. It sucks but we have to wait it out.

they really need to remove the camp from the game and place the tapper as in the single player. i'm stuck with trader, i can't do anything with the trader role because the game forces me to use a camp that doesn't exist.

at least they stopped billing me 2$ everytime i try to create the camp, but they still bill me frequently to keep the invisible camp.

It does seem strange that this has not been fixed yet. I know when the game came out on console there were issues but they were quick to sort them out. Something is telling me this is more of a complex issue than a simple fix one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 2:14 PM, NeKryXe said:

Exactly. This is the main thrust here as well.

At leads it’s not REAL money!

19 hours ago, BornToBattle said:

Exactly. This is the main thrust here as well.

At leads it’s not REAL money!

if it was real money i would have quit the game in the first hour :D

anyway... at this moment i don't care much about that, because i'm doing good money with collectors and bounty hunter. the big problem is really the trader. but yesterday i end up finding (randomly) a group doing trader missions and they had a camp working, and i managed to level up a little.

the funny thing is that they didn't had any visible problem with the camp, but in my account it's always disappearing, changing places and, most of the time, it's impossible to set a camp. quite weird.

rockstar replied to my ticket saying that they are aware of the problem, but they didn't gave me any solution.

3 hours ago, NeKryXe said:

if it was real money i would have quit the game in the first hour :D

anyway... at this moment i don't care much about that, because i'm doing good money with collectors and bounty hunter. the big problem is really the trader. but yesterday i end up finding (randomly) a group doing trader missions and they had a camp working, and i managed to level up a little.

the funny thing is that they didn't had any visible problem with the camp, but in my account it's always disappearing, changing places and, most of the time, it's impossible to set a camp. quite weird.

rockstar replied to my ticket saying that they are aware of the problem, but they didn't gave me any solution.

Trader huh? Well that stinks because as far as I know in order to run the new Moonshiner pursuit you have to start in the Trader role, I believe you can pursue Moonshiner at Level 5.

Anyways, my camp has been acting fine so far. I’m not in any pursuits roles, online Free Roam. Rockstar saying they’re aware of it is a good sign though actually. Seeing how it was just posted over to the PC means much more work for the devs squashing bugs as PC’s run an entire array of different hardware/software as opposed to the cookie cutter console systems.

Yesterday, for theee times in a row, dyer the latest Window update I did I had nothing but CTD’s. The fourth time I fired it up not a glitch. Has been fine ver since. Just goes to show how fickle PC’s can be - though the benefits can far outstrip what the now 10 years on consoles could ever hope for once they get things sorted out. They will, just gonna take a little more time. 

Im really looking forward to many more new pursuit roles as I think this will add greatly to the game’s longetvity...pursuits such as bank robbing, US Marshall’s Service, Miner...all kinds of good stuff! Not to ,e Timon the tons of other legal trade business that one could try to capitalize on back then such as an owner of stage coach lines, railway baron, etc.

Edited by BornToBattle

This was in the new update today:

In addition, we’ve added the ability to spawn directly at your Camp and made improvements to help mitigate the issue players have been experiencing with setting up their camps – and we will continue to work on ways to address these problems. As always, your direct feedback on Red Dead Online is integral to our ongoing work to make it all that it can be – please visit our feedback page to let us know your thoughts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

This was in the new update today:

In addition, we’ve added the ability to spawn directly at your Camp and made improvements to help mitigate the issue players have been experiencing with setting up their camps – and we will continue to work on ways to address these problems. As always, your direct feedback on Red Dead Online is integral to our ongoing work to make it all that it can be – please visit our feedback page to let us know your thoughts.

i saw that and i'm loving it :) atm it is solving my problem. and if it disappears again i believe that i'll might be able to go to the menu and just launch in the camp -- probably losing the pelts but still better than yesterday :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

i saw that and i'm loving it :) atm it is solving my problem. and if it disappears again i believe that i'll might be able to go to the menu and just launch in the camp -- probably losing the pelts but still better than yesterday :)

Looks like they feel they still haven't nailed down completely but that's good if it's working for you / others.  ....or at least helping to lessen the severity of the problem.

21 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Looks like they feel they still haven't nailed down completely but that's good if it's working for you / others.  ....or at least helping to lessen the severity of the problem.

it didn't last long. i'm no longer able to set a camp again. and launching the game selecting camp, ends up to be another rockstar cheat. you just appear somewhere randomly with no camp.

i'm losing interest in the game, but for now i'm just going to abandon trader mission. it's really impossible. the game is not playable.

I only tried launching with the Camp option 4 times so far, I think, but it works for me. Though it did randomly move the camp from Hennigan to the swamps one time, and took almost a full minute to load another time. But if that's the worst of it, I can live with that.

On 12/14/2019 at 2:55 PM, flu007 said:

I only tried launching with the Camp option 4 times so far, I think, but it works for me. Though it did randomly move the camp from Hennigan to the swamps one time, and took almost a full minute to load another time. But if that's the worst of it, I can live with that.

the camp worked for me a few days ago, in the first day that they added the "camp" on menu. on that day i was able to go directly to my camp through menu, it was still a trashy solution, but at least it worked. now it no longer works again.

yesterday when i select camp the game always launched in some unknown camp of a random player, and today it is sending me to empty space and when i select to set camp the letters just flashes and nothing happen.

i've been begging everyday to rockstar for them to remove the camps from the game. there are a lot of stuff that we can only do with a camp and the camps are not working for many players.

Yeah, I've been having a few issues with it too since my previous post. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes when launching with the "camp" option, it starts me at the spot my camp used to be, but the camp itself has moved to a different location. And just now I teleport to camp after a Trade Route, and only half the camp is there (the fast travel post, the campfire and a few random bits and pieces) while the camp icon is some place halfway across the map, and when I get there, there's nothing there.

So yeah, they're not there yet. With this, and constant glitches with pretty much everything I try to do, I think it's time to drastically reduce my playing hours for a while.

• Like 1

I like the concept of the camp and what it offers but it is such a pain in the arse to actually get functioning. I have had issues with it on both console and now PC. Most of the time, I just don't even bother with it anymore. I want a house, farm, or hotel... Something that will stay in one place and not get all willy nilly every other time I play.

• Like 1

just got another problem with camp :) this one is not a big problem but still annoying:

i bought a theme to my camp and set it, but every time my camp moves, the theme changes automatically to standard, and i have to change it manually to the new one i bought.

is there any way to set the game to use always the camp theme that i have selected?