0x20010006 PC Error Thread

Ok so I have not been able to play the online portion of the game at all! After finally getting around to troubleshooting the issue. After taking my entire PC-Tower to a friends with a different ISP I was able to connect flawlessly. So obviously my rig compatibility was not the culprit. I found that my ports (Nighthawk router) were in fact not being opened after forwarding. Yes the router was functioning properly and I also tested without the router.

Solution,

It was in fact that I have "Mediacom" and after having them come to my house and confirm their crap was all working properly and exhaustive complaining. They also ensured me that the crappy modem router mesh pile was baselined and the internal router was turned off. Did NOT matter at all, I finally went to walmart and purchased my own modem Arris Surfboard SB8200... guess WHAT!?!?! ports finally opened completely and the GAME WORKS FINE!

So, if you have one of those modem/router combo's i would suggest getting rid of it because it causes you to have a double nat and the ISP router is not capable of forwarding ports properly since it appears to be hard programmed to block most ports for "Security reasons" they say. I'm honestly saddened that no one has posted this fix sooner, please spread the word.

Good Luck and i hope this helps at least someone!

Edited by ToadVenom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

is there any way to return to the same posse group after the usual repeating error 0x20010006 that disconnect us from the game?

this error is getting more frequent and seems impossible to keep a group for long.

I haven't noticed any issues with this myself. When did it start happening for you?

And I hate to be that guy, but have you contacted Rockstar about the issue? Might be an easy fix they can walk you through. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NeKryXe said:

by the information... seems like they know.

Screenshot 2019-11-29 04-58-24.jpg

That fault message doesn't mean they are aware of a new issue.  You need to report the problem if it keeps occurring for you.

• Like 1

they already have an answer for this on the ticket system:

«Attempt to enter the mission for Red Dead Online as a solo player instead of choosing to match-make when prompted.»

doesn't help at all. 

9 hours ago, NeKryXe said:

they already have an answer for this on the ticket system:

«Attempt to enter the mission for Red Dead Online as a solo player instead of choosing to match-make when prompted.»

doesn't help at all. 

.....again, submit a ticket and tell them that. 

On 12/1/2019 at 11:44 AM, Kean_1 said:

.....again, submit a ticket and tell them that. 

i submitted. still waiting for a reply.

*update*

they replied this today :D

_Hello NeKryXe,_ _Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support._ _We received your report regarding an in-game Bug._ _This ticket will close after this reply, but your Bug Report will remain available for review by our team and we will reach out if we require further details._ _Should you need immediate assistance, please file a new ticket under the issue type that best reflects your problem._ _Best regards,_ _Rockstar Support_

...and looks like it wasn't a good idea to report this. i was having this problem sometimes in the middle of the game, now they moved it to the launch. now i can't even start the game online, it immediately shows that error message.

I've been unable to play for two days now, due to this error 0x20010006

it got worst and now i can't stay online much more than 19 minutes. it's really hard to pick missions to do in less time and most time i get removed from the game right in the end of the mission and i lose everything i got and miss all the xp.

i've been contacting rockstar insanely but, obviously, they never reply.

is anyone else having this problem or is it some limitation on my account?

i really love this game, but unfortunately it is impossible to play.

• 3 weeks later...

i tried all ISPs in my country in the last month. tried 3 different routers a 2 computers. i even tried the game on a system with nothing else than RDR2 and i still get the error 0x20010006 at least 1 time per hour.

most of my friends already quit the game because of error 0x20010006. i have one friend that couldn't even launch the game because of that error.

one thing i'm sure... all rockstar excuses about the error 0x20010006 are lies.

i've been playing online for more than 2 decades and i never ever saw a game with so many errors per hour.

in the firsts week of the game i played a lot with friends, but now i only play alone. playing with friends makes it worse, it crashs much more than alone.

On 12/19/2019 at 12:44 AM, NeKryXe said:

i've been playing online for more than 2 decades and i never ever saw a game with so many errors per hour.

I honestly can't imagine what they have done to this game to make it this buggy. I know that there is WAY more options in terms of computer builds these days so it is bound to be a more common issue today vs 20 years ago but still. 

14 minutes ago, shawn said:

I honestly can't imagine what they have done to this game to make it this buggy. I know that there is WAY more options in terms of computer builds these days so it is bound to be a more common issue today vs 20 years ago but still. 

that's no excuse. i also play ESO and, since it's older, it reaches way more machine builds than RDR2, still it's a surprise when ESO crashes in one month, while in RDR2 is a surprise when it doesn't crash in a couple of hours.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting error 0x20010006 everytime i try to launch the game since yesterday. i already tried 5 different routers, 2 ISPs, lots of different IPs using a VPN but i'm completely unable to access the game. did rockstar finally closed the servers for maintenance or are they restricting some players access again? any ideas?

• Kean_1 changed the title to 0x20010006 PC Error Thread

well... i'm still unable to play. it's the third day today. always the same error 0x20010006

*update*

I found out today that rockstar is again allowing me to launch the game, but unfortunately seems that they changed something and the game is running ultra slow even with very low settings. anyone knows what happened? do we need higher specs now? what's the minimum required hardware at this moment?

it doesn't matter anyway because i get error 0x20010006 even when i'm trying to change the settings. this game is an absolute fraud :(

Edited by NeKryXe
update

I get an immediate  0x20010006 error every time I try to launch online. Usually two in a row, and then I am usually able to get through. I've noticed that I am more successful getting through when choosing the Free Roam option instead of spawning at my camp. It's not always successful, but it works more often than not. The disconnects have become much more frequent for me recently.  Yesterday, 2 out of 3 bounty missions disconnected me as soon as I was within about 25 meters from returning to the Sheriff with the bounty.  I have even begun getting a new error code:  0x20010004; has anyone else got this?

After that, I decided not to do anymore bounty missions and went collecting. I didn't get disconnected when collecting at all, and I spent a few hours doing it. I was able to complete a trade delivery without a disconnect as well (though I was on the edge of my seat expecting it).  This is really unacceptable. 

• Like 1

This is the first forum post I've made. However, the constant crashing of RDR2 Online transforms what would be an amazing game and online experience  into a frustrating nightmare. For example, I hopped on today to try to get a daily done to continue my streak and only had about an hour to do so. This seems like no big deal and I should be able to get multiple dailies completed. However, I crashed more than a dozen times, with multiple reboots due to the "unexpected error" or infamous "Alert" message. The only thing I've found unexpected about this game since it's release on PC, is when I get an hour or two of playtime where the game doesn't crash. I'm baffled as to how Rockstar can't fix this issue. Quite frankly, I'm embarrassed for them. I love this game when it works and it is amazing in almost every facet, except for the crashing. 

I'm not even complaining about the multiple thousands of dollars and tens of gold I've lost in game due to crashes while doing trading deliveries, moonshine deliveries, bounties, free-roam events, etc. It's just the frustration of trying to enjoy a wonderfully flawed game that decides to crash every time I play the game and it isn't getting better. Just coordinating with friends online sometimes takes the better part of an hour because someone is bound to crash, and then someone else, and then, well you know. I've even joked with friends about how, damn I've only crashed four times today. 

I'm now at the point where I may move onto other endeavors because the crashing is so excessive it robs me of all enjoyment of this game. I'm sure there are dozens if not hundreds of other posts and comments regarding the crashing, but today's non-stop crashing compelled me to do what I've been thinking about doing for quite some time now. 

Edited by Dug Holes
  • Like 1

Yeah, regardless of the platform, the crashes and glitches are out of control. 

(Xbox) It took us over an hour last night to get 4 people in a posse and deliver a wagon. Between black screens, disconnects, not being able join posse or stand down from other posses, and never ending loading screens that forced a restart.  Yeah, over an hour.  Then to top it all off, after we delivered the trader wagon, we went to the shack, and of course the mash had been lost.  

• Like 1

from my experience i can say that it is absolutely impossible to play this game for a straight hour without a crash. i've been playing elder scrolls online for 6 years and i can guarantee you now that you get more crashes in one hour of RDR2 than in 6 years of elder scrolls. RDR2 is beautiful and clearly created by a lot of great artists, but unfortunately they teamed up with the worst programmers i ever knew in game industry since the 80's. this game is both wonderful and the most flawed game ever created. i can't even remember a beta test game as bad as RDR2.

anyway... at this point i feel lucky when i can play for 30 minutes and restart. the last 5 days rockstart left me out of the game permanently with the error 0x20010006. today i'm again able to launch the game, but i'm sure that i'll get the error 0x20010006 pretty soon.

oh! and by talking about elder scrolls online... when you get there an ultra rare crash, when you return to the game, your character is in exact same point where you left and you never ever lose any item. on RDR when you get any kind of crash, when you return your character appear on some random place, you lose your camp or it changes place, you lose your carcasses and pelts, when it crashes in a mission you lose the mission... it's unspeakably hideous. this is clearly the best proof of how extremely incompetent the rockstar programmers are.

Edited by NeKryXe
update

There was an update today so I logged on and.......................0x20010006 immediately! Tried again and I spawned in at my camp, only my camp wasn't anywhere on the map. It's just comical at this point.  Does anyone now what this update was for?

9 minutes ago, Balto352 said:

There was an update today so I logged on and.......................0x20010006 immediately! Tried again and I spawned in at my camp, only my camp wasn't anywhere on the map. It's just comical at this point.  Does anyone now what this update was for?

Make sure to check the Online forum too as updates and discussions that are posted there that can also apply to PC.  The PC forum was created  for PC-specific topics like hardware, technical issues, etc.

6 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Make sure to check the Online forum too as updates and discussions that are posted there that can also apply to PC.  The PC forum was created  for PC-specific topics like hardware, technical issues, etc.

Will do, thanks for the info. I'm getting 0x20010004 errors back to back now. 

• Like 1

It has been a frustrating year in the game with all the issues still persisting. At least Beta gave us something to look forward to in go live. Just didn't know it would be New and exciting 0x2xxx codes that mean nothing. Oh. and clothes. We had such high hopes. Feels like someone kicked my dog at times.