Can our horses NOT climb up hills like they used too/Possible horse bug?

crh2018

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has noticed that some of the slopes that our horses should be able to climb up (and I'm about hills that aren't even steep for RDR2 standards); but end up slipping and falling on their faces and getting badly hurt, even critically hurt if they fall in the right spot.

I can see them not being able to climb up cliffs in Ambarino unless you glitch as an example, but there some spots, such as by Macfarlane Ranch or Thieves Landing that my horse once able to climb but are now just slippery slopes. 

Although this is odd, the second part of the topic is a lot more concerning (submitted a ticket to R*). I noticed this a lot more by Tumbleweed/Gaptooth Ridge where my horse would just wouldn't move at all, even it I was trying to ride on the path instead of trailblazing.  Seems in this particular areas, when I accidentally get it to jump over a smaller rock on the side of the path, the horse would instantly shut down like it's right on a cliff.  

I was wondering if anyone else noticed anything different with our horses, and to give a heads-up because the bug is noticeable in the West New Austin Area, and that is not a bug for R* to keep.

12 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

I personally haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary regarding horse behavior.  Aside from all the usual (frozen, no tail, random pelts, etc) things that go on.  

Same. I don't spend much time trying to climb hills or mountain sides though to be fair there. 

Also, I thought I was the only one with a horse that occasionally loses his tail lol

I had this happening to me and a friend online the other day. The horses were being a bit glitchy it seemed. They would almost stutter up small hills and we'd just be pushed back to the bottom again. It hasn't happened since so I am thinking it was down to a server issue more than an actual game issue. It seems like some servers are a bit buggier than others at times.

I read this thread a few days ago. I thought "Man, glad I haven't had this issue!"

Then I bought a Missouri Fox Trotter and discovered he cannot climb slopes that ALL of my other horses can climb. One in particular is along the waypoint path up in Ambarino in the snow. There is no "road" per se. You're just going on faith and the minimap that you can climb the snow bank on a wild slant in that spot. I know it's only this horse in particular because twice now, I've dismissed him and called one of  my other horses, a top-tier Criollo and he climbs it no problem.

Also, I don't think it's the breed either. My friend has a Missouri Fox Trotter she's had for months and he can climb the slopes too. I think it's a bug with whatever your "newest" horses are.

I remembered this thread after. I think I will write Rockstar Support as well. Thanks for posting this as a heads up!

Edited by Moosh89
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Moosh89 said:

I read this thread a few days ago. I thought "Man, glad I haven't had this issue!"

Then I bought a Missouri Fox Trotter and discovered he cannot climb slopes that ALL of my other horses can climb. One in particular is along the waypoint path up in Ambarino in the snow. There is no "road" per se. You're just going on faith and the minimap that you can climb the snow bank on a wild slant in that spot. I know it's only this horse in particular because twice now, I've dismissed him and called one of  my other horses, a top-tier Criollo and he climbs it no problem.

Also, I don't think it's the breed either. My friend has a Missouri Fox Trotter she's had for months and he can climb the slopes too. I think it's a bug with whatever your "newest" horses are.

I remembered this thread after. I think I will write Rockstar Support as well. Thanks for posting this as a heads up!

Same here man. Recently got a MFT and the dude just don't climb anything. I feel like this has to be an issue pertaining to newer horses and updates like you mentioned. I have used a MFT before in the story and it was perfectly fine.