Black screens and animal spawns

lumper

So, the update has a lot of potential, but for me the past two days have been some of the worst since I started playing back in 3/2018

Moonshine sales missions hang on black screens forcing me to restart and then loosing all my moonshine that I paid to make and the 60 minutes it took to produce.

But the larger problem is I cant run my trader business, I cant do daily challenges that require anything from animals like skin an egret or cook some seasoned venison.

I played today for maybe 6 hours, I never saw a deer, or for that matter any living thing, I rode from Strawberry to Colter, never found a deer, or anything.

Eventually I went to Colter later on in a wagon I did find 2 elk, and in the swamp I eventually found 2 gators in a river I had to shot them in the water and then go in the river to skin them, but at least I found them, otherwise, I wasnt able to find anything else alive.

I wrote to Rockstar to report it, but this has been this way for a while now, you just get good days here and there but many bad days, but today was the worst I have ever seen.

It irritated me today because two of our daily challenges were very simple but if you cant find a deer or Egret you cant do them, and that cost me a bar of gold, so yeah, I am annoyed.

I used to have a method to create a solo session that would sometimes last hours other times last 20 minutes but at least it gave me a few minutes of animals to hunt, but now, no matter what I try I can not get the game to spawn any animals.

does anyone here have any ideas, work arounds, tricks I am not aware of?

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lumper said:

Moonshine sales missions hang on black screens forcing me to restart and then loosing all my moonshine that I paid to make and the 60 minutes it took to produce.

Are you doing them solo? I know some people were saying there is a bug/issue when you do this with your posse if you guys all crowd in together. 

• Like 1

I have the same problem with animals,i started hunting in the swamp just north of saint denis and rode horse back to the heartlands above valentine and not a single animal. I could hear birds but never saw one. I have tried changing servers, starting missions, hard resetting my xbox,tried being in and out of a posse and no matter what i try its either a few animals to nothing in sight or no animals at all. 

Yeah.. So far i have not had any problems with the Moonshine, and missions.. They work for me. 

However, i cant do any trading stuff, because the world is litteraly empty, animals-wise.. So that dont do no good for me, as it is right now.. 

I think there are no workarounds for the animal spawns right now. No matter how many people are in the server the animals are not there. It gets worse with every patch and R* says nothing that's the bad thing here. The "no communation" with the players. I haven't started the shiners role yet cause i don't want to frustrate myself further so i'll wait some time before that. Now i just maintain the 0.5 gold bar streak playing for 10-15mins a day. Those 15mins though are long enough to remind me to close the game and wait.

Today was the first day since Friday on which I could actually complete another Moonshine delivery. Ever since Saturday the game gave me nothing but a black loading screen whenever I tried to start a delivery mission or a bootlegger mission. My joy didn't last very long, however - I made a second batch of moonshine but when I returned to my shack a little while later nothing was done and I couldn't even make new moonshine because the option to do so was grayed out. And there's nothing else to do. There are no animals whatsoever except maybe one or two birds, the collectibles are not where they're supposed to be (and there isn't even a TV to sit down in front of to pass the time it takes for Moonshine to be ready without getting kicked, lol)...

I'm really trying to be patient here but the lack of communication from R* is making this more and more frustrating. This latest update completely broke... well... everything?

1 hour ago, nshanny73 said:

Haven't seen a small alligator since the update launched... animals non existent... game unplayable... way to go rockstar

was so hyped about this update...  now I am in tears thinking what could have been

Yeah I am not seeing any gators at all. Anytime I go online, it takes forever to find any sign of animal life. I have tried hopping servers which doesn't always work cause it keeps putting you back on the game one, but when I manage to get on a new one.. I don't notice much of a difference. 

On 12/16/2019 at 6:35 PM, shiverz said:

Are you doing them solo? I know some people were saying there is a bug/issue when you do this with your posse if you guys all crowd in together. 

Yes, solo.

On 12/16/2019 at 6:56 PM, The Headhunter said:

Getting the same issue with the Moonshine missions, just hangs on a black screen for eternity.   I am trying to do them solo.

Yeah this is super frustrating as I want to hit level 20 and I just cant get past 15.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:57 AM, Mango said:

I have the same problem with animals,i started hunting in the swamp just north of saint denis and rode horse back to the heartlands above valentine and not a single animal. I could hear birds but never saw one. I have tried changing servers, starting missions, hard resetting my xbox,tried being in and out of a posse and no matter what i try its either a few animals to nothing in sight or no animals at all. 

Same

On 12/17/2019 at 3:53 AM, McLawDiz said:

Yeah.. So far i have not had any problems with the Moonshine, and missions.. They work for me. 

However, i cant do any trading stuff, because the world is litteraly empty, animals-wise.. So that dont do no good for me, as it is right now.. 

So this seems pretty wide spread as far as animals go, I find if you can get to a server with 12 or fewer players, animals are everywhere, but more than 12, upwards of 18 and forget it, none, anywhere.

To me this is one of the biggest problems, without animals to hunt you can complete some daily challenges and you cant run your trader business.

If you want a sort of work around here is what I did.

I went to Colter, found a few Elk, Deer, Rams, etc.. called in a wagon, filled it then sent it away, got my horse back and got one more plus any pelts I could find, doing this I Was able to load up Cripps to the full point, then he made me a batch so it did work, but only once a session, after I went back to Colter, it was as empty as the rest of the map, but I did get enough to fill my trader meter once.

Edited by lumper