Please Devs do something about all the cheaters/hackers in this game!

Ashe___Deadshot

4 DAYS IN A ROW NOW I'VE ENCOUNTERED A NEW CHEATER/HACKER

DAY 1) DUDE FALLS FROM THE SKY NEAR MY CAMP, I UNLOAD MULTIPLE SNIPER HEAD SHOTS AND SHOTGUN BODY SHOTS. ZERO DAMAGE DONE TO HIM. HE THEN SPAWNS 5 COUGARS

DAY 2) WHILE IN A TOWN, RHODES I BELIEVE, I SEE A GUY SELLING +30 COUGARS TO A BUTCHER VENDOR. SINCE WHEN DOES A HUNTING WAGON LET YOU HOLD MORE THAN 5 ANIMALS? OF COURSE ALL HE DID WAS USE SOME CHEAT/HACK TO SPAWN A BUNCH OF LARGE CATS RIGHT BE THE BUTCHER AND THEN KILL THEM

DAY 3) WHILE CHILLING IN MY CAMP WITH THE WHITE FLAG UP, PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE 'WHITE FLAG UP' IM KILLED BY A PLAYER

DAY 4) 'TODAY' WORKED HOURS TO GET A TRADE WAGON READY, ROLL INTO BLACKGATE TO SELL IT AND ENCOUNTER TO PLAYERS, ONE SETS ME ON FIRE AND I DIE, PLUS MY WAGON IS DESTROYED. RESPAWN AND TRY TO GET TO MY TRADE ITEMS, UNLOAD SEVERAL SNIPER RIFLE HEAD SHOTS INTO ONE OF THOSE 2 PLAYERS, ZERO DAMAGE DONE. IM SET ON FIRE AND DIE. RESPAWN AND AGAIN TRY TO GET TO ONE OF MY TRADE ITEMS, ENCOUNTER THE OTHER PLAYER. DELIVER SEVERAL SNIPER SHOTS TO HIS HEAD, ZERO DAMAGE DONE. IM SET ON FIRE AND DIE. RESPAWN AND TRY ONE LAST TIME TO SELL JUST ONE OF THOSE TRADE ITEMS. CAN'T DO IT, IM SET ON FIRE AGAIN AND DIE AND ANGRILY CONTROL ALT DELETE TO SHUT THE GAME DOWN AND LOG INTO THE FORUMS TO POST THAT IN THE LAST 4 DAYS, I HAVE ENCOUNTERED A CHEATER/HACKER ON EACH CONSECUTIVE DAY!!!!!! 

A couple of things......

First, please understand that RDR2.org is not affiliated with R* nor Take Two in any way. My suggestion is to use the in-game reporting feature and / or the R* Support site to report any player you suspect is hacking, cheating, using exploits or simply griefing in the game.

Second, please don't use all caps when replying. There's no reason to shout at us and it just makes it more difficult to read your thread (I adjusted your title for you).

Seems another mod deleted some other more colorful threads you had tried to create on the subject. Take a breath and relax. Our community is here to help where they can but just remember that we are not the cause of your woes.

• Like 2

• Kean_1 changed the title to Please Devs do something about all the cheaters/hackers in this game!

For as many people who have complained about hackers and people using mods online, I have not had any real issues with either. Maybe I am lucky? I feel like it is a minor issue and some people just get put on the wrong server at the wrong time. 

Agree with Kean. You have to report these people when you come across them. Rockstar is good about banning people who are using mods online or are hacking. Just take a break from the game for a few days and try again. No need to get this frustrated. 

17 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

This right here is why I tend to avoid PC gaming.

Same. I packed my PC and dint use it again after i bought x box x a year ago. Im not buying another gaming PC - next year New x box 8k :)

To OP: YOU cant really do anything except video and report to R* support.

On 12/22/2019 at 4:14 AM, Ashe___Deadshot said:

4 DAYS IN A ROW NOW I'VE ENCOUNTERED A NEW CHEATER/HACKER

DAY 1) DUDE FALLS FROM THE SKY NEAR MY CAMP, I UNLOAD MULTIPLE SNIPER HEAD SHOTS AND SHOTGUN BODY SHOTS. ZERO DAMAGE DONE TO HIM. HE THEN SPAWNS 5 COUGARS

DAY 2) WHILE IN A TOWN, RHODES I BELIEVE, I SEE A GUY SELLING +30 COUGARS TO A BUTCHER VENDOR. SINCE WHEN DOES A HUNTING WAGON LET YOU HOLD MORE THAN 5 ANIMALS? OF COURSE ALL HE DID WAS USE SOME CHEAT/HACK TO SPAWN A BUNCH OF LARGE CATS RIGHT BE THE BUTCHER AND THEN KILL THEM

DAY 3) WHILE CHILLING IN MY CAMP WITH THE WHITE FLAG UP, PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE 'WHITE FLAG UP' IM KILLED BY A PLAYER

DAY 4) 'TODAY' WORKED HOURS TO GET A TRADE WAGON READY, ROLL INTO BLACKGATE TO SELL IT AND ENCOUNTER TO PLAYERS, ONE SETS ME ON FIRE AND I DIE, PLUS MY WAGON IS DESTROYED. RESPAWN AND TRY TO GET TO MY TRADE ITEMS, UNLOAD SEVERAL SNIPER RIFLE HEAD SHOTS INTO ONE OF THOSE 2 PLAYERS, ZERO DAMAGE DONE. IM SET ON FIRE AND DIE. RESPAWN AND AGAIN TRY TO GET TO ONE OF MY TRADE ITEMS, ENCOUNTER THE OTHER PLAYER. DELIVER SEVERAL SNIPER SHOTS TO HIS HEAD, ZERO DAMAGE DONE. IM SET ON FIRE AND DIE. RESPAWN AND TRY ONE LAST TIME TO SELL JUST ONE OF THOSE TRADE ITEMS. CAN'T DO IT, IM SET ON FIRE AGAIN AND DIE AND ANGRILY CONTROL ALT DELETE TO SHUT THE GAME DOWN AND LOG INTO THE FORUMS TO POST THAT IN THE LAST 4 DAYS, I HAVE ENCOUNTERED A CHEATER/HACKER ON EACH CONSECUTIVE DAY!!!!!! 

1)  The Guy just spawned and since your camp flag raised and you are in defensive . you cant shoot at the guy ,. it 100% normal . 
2) yes there a glitch to spawn cougars , dev are trying to fix it , but it not even needed they are just lazy glitcher.
3) there is a actual bug where people who can see you from far by exemple i run in emerald ranch and see far away a light , i zoom with my sniper and it a camp and it let us see the player ( you dont even see the dotts on mini map ) and kill you. 
4)  welcome to online trader griefing project , there is dead eye ability cards named slow and steady which allow players to take several headshots and not die outright ( which mean as long as they have tonic headshot wont kill them ) so the issue there is u was alone , thinking everything would be fine by yourself , but no , it online there is good people  and dickhead trying to ruin others fun by giefing them 7 versus 1 and spawn camping ya after , you are not alone who got attacked like that , i deal with that every 3 days , at one point ull know how to defend yourself and ull be able to handle 4-5 of them easily. my tips for you , for trader delivery invite anybody your friends , if no one , invite the level 50 and less they always need money »»9 just send them a PSN Message and most of time ull get a reply ) 

Edited by pluck3

So my first run in with a hacker was a couple of weeks ago when a hacker and his group of bots teleported to my location and killed me a few times. I thought Id escaped but then two bots with their pants down around their ankles appeared again in front of me tallywackers blowin in the wind. The hacker appeared on his horse trying to lasso me. Reported him as his bots melee'd me. Then I switched instances. 

Then last night my friend and I were down at Rhodes and he was heading to the gunshop while I was heading to the fast travel board to head back to camp. Suddenly it was as if we had fallen through the ground. I thought it was a new bug until the screen cleared up. We and the rest of the players in the entire instance had been teleported into a mine up by Annesburg and three red Chinese players started killing folks screaming out China number 1 using the ingame comms. Immediately I opened up the player menu and reported all 3 as hacking. Others may well have reported them I dont know but I did say using the ingame chat for folks to report them. Meanwhile the chinese people were being verbally abusive to us as well using ingame comms. One came running to me I didnt even see any weapon drawn but I drew my gun and next thing before I could even aim I was dead.  I respawned and told my friend how to change lobbies so we could get out of there safely.

This was my friends first day playing the Online version having transitioned over from single player and his comment was that it was not a good impression.

Seriously these hackers and the rest of the hackers / cheaters are going to ruin RDO and people will just end up playing other games if something is not done to stop these people cheating / hacking. 

So please Rockstar let us know that you are going to be doing something to prevent this type of thing from happening as it is getting frustrating and annoying.

9 hours ago, LordOdin61 said:

The OP said he headshot them several times, now slow and steady is a good card but it's not that good. I am assuming these hacks are on PC which is funny because all the crap I get is on PS4.

.......the OP hasn't been back since their initial post.  

so..... I am wondering how you report someone in game when they are not listed in the players list and therefor cannot use the ingame reporting system?  I just logged out of a game where I was continually set on fire and flung into the air and I could hear it happening to at least 1 other person near by.  about a half our earlier everyone on the server was teleported to the winter area and as soon as we materialized dynamite exploded and killed all of us except the dude running away on his horse (aka the hacker). as such this explosion killed my horse and I am stranded.  As soon as I spawn I run as every one is killing each other.  Here i am just hitting lvl 14 so I can now buy a fishing rod and this happens?  both of these incidents I could not find the player on the player list in game even when on the second incident I had that screen open as my character died over and over again.  (CNPD) was the kill notice I got, if any of you bastards even care.

17 minutes ago, Golfer_It said:

so..... I am wondering how you report someone in game when they are not listed in the players list and therefor cannot use the ingame reporting system?  I just logged out of a game where I was continually set on fire and flung into the air and I could hear it happening to at least 1 other person near by.  about a half our earlier everyone on the server was teleported to the winter area and as soon as we materialized dynamite exploded and killed all of us except the dude running away on his horse (aka the hacker). as such this explosion killed my horse and I am stranded.  As soon as I spawn I run as every one is killing each other.  Here i am just hitting lvl 14 so I can now buy a fishing rod and this happens?  both of these incidents I could not find the player on the player list in game even when on the second incident I had that screen open as my character died over and over again.  (CNPD) was the kill notice I got, if any of you bastards even care.

When you say "you bastards" I hope you realize we are not R*.  We are not affiliated with them nor Take Two which I've made clear in a couple posts in this thread.

Also, the link I provided in an earlier remark has information regarding R* Support. I would recommend you contact them about it.

• Like 1

I get being frustrated about issues in the game and players clearly cheating. Just don't take it out on people who are trying to be helpful. No one here is associated with Rockstar, we are all just fans and players of the game. I wish people would understand that.

As for the issue with people hacking/cheating/using mods... This has always been an issue on PC. Those who are new to it, I am sorry you had to find out this way. The only thing you can do is report them and switch the lobby/session/server.

• Thanks 1