Hunting Wagon problems...

Noquid

I made the mistake of buying the hunting wagon for 800+ cash.  I thought I would be able to have my horse follow...nope.  I was hoping it could follow me since it is being pulled by a horse...nope.  Still, even with that, I filled up the hunting cart and headed back to camp.  The blue icon on the map for my camp was there but the camp was NOT there.  I rode all the way to Rhodes hoping it would reset and spawn my camp but no luck.  So I exited the game, logged back in and my camp was there but my wagon was in a stable and all of my stuff on the wagon was gone.  It spawned me with my horse.  Did I just waste 800+ cash (most expensive thing I've purchased) or am I doing something wrong?  Any help appreciated.

Well, you cannot have your horse follow, but you can dismiss your horse, call the hunting wagon, put stuff into it, dismiss the wagon and call your horse again.... I’m pretty sure your stuff should be in there when you call it back from the stable... what you experienced I’m not so sure... probably because you changed servers and reloaded. Sounds like a camp glitch got you.

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Like 2

The wagon should keep your contents in there, even if it blows up, or runs off a cliff,  or you log off and back on. 

So If your inventory dissapeared then it wasn't supposed to. 

I can bring 8 large animals back to camp at once using the wagon. 

5 in the wagon. 1 on my horse, 1 on my stolen horse, and dragging one.  

You didn't waste your money. 

• Like 1

The hunting wagon is a great buy.  I bet if you summon the hunting wagon you will find it still has all of your hides.  I move between my wagon and horse many times as I hunt.  I flee my horse and summon my wagon in the player menu under stable.  I then load a few hides in hunting area then dismiss my wagon in the player menu and whistle up my horse and move to another hunting area and repeat the process.  I try to only put the best hides on my wagon because I know I won’t lose them if I get kicked from the game.

You don’t need to swap horse for wagon at the stable you can do it anywhere any time. And if you wreck your wagon you can dismiss it and then just wait a few minutes and summon it agian and it is as good as new.

• Like 1

I've never had it lose cargo.  Not once.  I only use it if I stumble across a herd of deer, pigs, cows...

Then I call it.. fill it up.. and dismiss it like cold storage.   Then I continue on my way. and try to remember to empty it when I hit camp again.. eventually.

worth having but awkward to summon, etc.

18 hours ago, PepinoGrande said:

I flee my horse and summon my wagon in the player menu under stable.  

To make it even faster just skip the flee horse option and just use summon hunting wagon - the horse will disband automatically. Saves some time when you do that a lot on a hunting trip. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

To make it even faster just skip the flee horse option and just use summon hunting wagon - the horse will disband automatically. Saves some time when you do that a lot on a hunting trip. 

I do that in camp but always flee my horse while hunting... not anymore.  thanks.   I'm gullible.. I believe it.

• 1 month later...

I haven’t had this issue. I mean my horse won’t follow but that makes since now if your wagon gets disabled like the horse pulling it  dies or it’s destroyed. You can then call you horse and it will appear 

I have had the issue with my camp disappearing and not being able to set it up somewhere else only way I know to fix is close game and open back up

The_ liquor anytime you wagon goes to the stable all goods will be lost unless you drive it there yourself but even then if u store it goods are lost

Edited by Kean_1
Combined consecutive posts

Had a solo session last night from doing a bootlegger mission so actually had cause to use the hunting wagon for a change. I still find it spawns in the last place you want it and then I lose skins because I have to walk beyond the range of the radar to collect the damn thing. It's also annoying that while you can summon it out of nowhere you can't get it to follow you around or come closer to where you've wandered off to.

And I thought bison hides might work the same as alligator skins but no, they want to take up the space of a large carcass in your wagon. I didn't bother trying yesterday but I'm guessing Cripps still doesn't count large carcasses donated from the wagon towards the daily challenge? He wasn't counting the small alligators I was handing to him either yesterday though - I'm sure they used to count but its been so long now since I've found any to give him I might be misremembering.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:38 AM, jadams19871 said:

The_ liquor anytime you wagon goes to the stable all goods will be lost unless you drive it there yourself but even then if u store it goods are lost

Not quite.    All goods stored on wagon stay there until you give them to Cripps. Even if you destroy the wagon goods stored on it will remain there. 

There is no point in driving the wagon to the stables when you have the summon/unsummon option. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837
  • Like 1