How far We Have Come

nshanny73

At this point last year I was thinking "Who the hell in their right mind would buy an outfit for Cripps?"

Now I own 4 with eyes on more

Couple quick polishes, by the development team on holidays, and this game can be what it should be... and is sometimes

Just played a solo for three straight, that never went past 6 players for another 3 hours (until I fast traveled to Emerald Station to fill the Hunting Wagon) repopulated to 20 but spawns were still there... lot of work done

I remember a year ago being really pissed because of greifers hanging out around the butcher tables along with when you died then you lost everything on your horse ..... so much I lost due that and getting kicked from the server .... lol

i have learned that when we get kicked and get the error code or lost internet messages that it’s not always because of say me for this example .... it’s some one else in the server that’s causing the issue because of them not having a strong enough signal .... I wish R* would do a better job when matching us with a server .... if you’re NAT type 3 you only play against those and their slow internet speeds too ... lol 

I know CoD did this years ago when that game was still playable 

This time last year, all we had to do was about half the story missions, a few gang hideouts, and hunting/fishing for the butcher... when you could do Any of that without a possie locking onto your dog from the other side of the map and tying you up in an hour long gunfight for no reason...

Edited by The_Liquor

30 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

This time last year, all we had to do was about half the story missions, a few gang hideouts, and hunting/fishing for the butcher... when you could do Any of that without a possie locking onto your dog from the other side of the map and tying you up in an hour long gunfight for no reason...

Yeah but also everyone could see where everyone was at on the board too..... so they would come ambush you while you were hunting or fishing for no other reason than to just grief .... cuts both ways I guess ... lol 

• Like 1

I could swear I remember a great little feature where I could have a live interactive map on my iPad to see where I was at all times and where the threats were coming from. But I must have dreamt that as surely no self-respecting game company would take that out and leave us with the clunky in-game map feature (albeit an improvement on GTAO).

37 minutes ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

Yeah but also everyone could see where everyone was at on the board too..... so they would come ambush you while you were hunting or fishing for no other reason than to just grief .... cuts both ways I guess ... lol 

Yeah... I thought I mentioned that. Maybe worded it badly lol

As for the app map, we’ll I can live without it now that I don’t have to watch the whole game map to keep tabs on all the blips

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I could swear I remember a great little feature where I could have a live interactive map on my iPad to see where I was at all times and where the threats were coming from. But I must have dreamt that as surely no self-respecting game company would take that out and leave us with the clunky in-game map feature (albeit an improvement on GTAO).

Well, before we didn't use to have proximity blips so the app was way more useful since everyone was visible. ......but then we got the proximity restrictions and the app (while I still found a use for it) simply wasn't as relevant.  There was no advantage as there once was.

The one exception is when fishing. The app used to give users the ability to see others approaching even with proximity limitations but now that's not an option anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, before we didn't use to have proximity blips so the app was way more useful since everyone was visible. ......but then we got the proximity restrictions and the app (while I still found a use for it) simply wasn't as relevant.  There was no advantage as there once was.

The one exception is when fishing. The app used to give users the ability to see others approaching even with proximity limitations but now that's not an option anymore.

You could set and clear waypoints using the app as well as see where NPC enemies were on missions and easily and quickly zoom in and out to improve situational awareness. You could also quickly look up who blips on your radar were without risking getting shot while blind. 

Now when you want to quick access the clunky in-game map you get taken into the menu for collectibles instead because they’re mapped to the same button.

I don’t buy that it was removed because it became obsolete, my guess is they couldn’t support it for PC players so binned it for everyone.

• Like 1

The thing I would like to see be corrected or taken out all together is the defensive player mode ..... I’m tired of someone being in defensive mode but yet they start crap with me .... griefing tho they are hiding in anti griefer mode.... 

couple led days ago I had just got done with a bootlegger roadblock mission and as soon as I was done  this cat slips and and thought he was gonna loot all of kills .... the revenue juggernaut agents are hard to kill and carry good stuff on them .... long story short I lit him up with some dynamite quick  and in a hurry .... then I griefed him for a bit ... These damn noobs 

5 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

You could set and clear waypoints using the app as well as see where NPC enemies were on missions and easily and quickly zoom in and out to improve situational awareness. You could also quickly look up who blips on your radar were without risking getting shot while blind. 

Now when you want to quick access the clunky in-game map you get taken into the menu for collectibles instead because they’re mapped to the same button.

I don’t buy that it was removed because it became obsolete, my guess is they couldn’t support it for PC players so binned it for everyone.

I didn't say it was neutered due to obsolescence.   .....just that it became less eelevant after the changes with the inclusion of the new proximity blip mechanics and changes in that direction. 

I still found it useful for situational awareness, etc. but it didn't provide me any significant advantage as it once had.  .....I used it religiously prior to that.

I have no idea why they did it though. I do know that it provided what I felt was an unfair advantage to those who could use it though back in the day.  ......didn't stop me though.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

These damn noobs 

With all the ultra low level knobheads I see pulling that sort of sh*t in the game I have a theory that they are not noobs but seasoned players playing on an alternate account in a new mode of griefing. Suspiciously they are always around lvl 5 when I look them up after doing bizarre antagonistic crap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I didn't say it was neutered due to obsolescence.   .....just that it became less eelevant after the changes with the inclusion of the new proximity blip mechanics and changes in that direction. 

I still found it useful for situational awareness, etc. but it didn't provide me any significant advantage as it once had.  .....I used it religiously prior to that.

I have no idea why they did it though. I do know that it provided what I felt was an unfair advantage to those who could use it though back in the day.  ......didn't stop me though.

Loss of relevance pretty much leads to obsolescence doesn’t it? Regardless of the semantics, it was still in the game for some time after the proximity blip change was introduced but disappeared just before the PC release. Hmm...

I always saw it as a convenience more than a competitive advantage - that was the benefit for me and why I miss it.

12 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Loss of relevance pretty much leads to obsolescence doesn’t it? Regardless of the semantics, it was still in the game for some time after the proximity blip change was introduced but disappeared just before the PC release. Hmm...

I always saw it as a convenience more than a competitive advantage - that was the benefit for me and why I miss it.

The blips were taken out of the app quite a while before the PC release. That's when I ended up deleting it.  It was pretty much useless to me at that point.  I never made any connection to the PC release but yeah, ok.  I'm not bent over it. 

I found the app even more difficult to manage with the putting down my control and taking my eyes of the screen... as for who the blips are... well I could care less: either they’re a threat to me or they’re not....

I also found it easier to watch the radar than to have my eyes on my phone...

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

The blips were taken out of the app quite a while before the PC release. 

Agreed, I was saying the app was still available for the online game for quite a while after the proximity blip update yet got removed close to PC release hence my theory that it wasn’t loss of usefulness that got it removed but inability/unwillingness  to support it across all platforms.

8 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

I found the app even more difficult to manage with the putting down my control and taking my eyes of the screen... as for who the blips are... well I could care less: either they’re a threat to me or they’re not....

I also found it easier to watch the radar than to have my eyes on my phone...

In game multitasking is probably easier if you set down the liquor 👍

Seeing who the blips are and having the ability to see their movement on a map rather than just their relative location on a tiny radar is key to evaluating if they will be a threat or not. 

7 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

In game multitasking is probably easier if you set down the liquor 👍

Seeing who the blips are and having the ability to see their movement on a map rather than just their relative location on a tiny radar is key to evaluating if they will be a threat or not. 

If they’re in minimap range, they’re a threat.... if they’re in minimap range and moving quickly in my general direction they’re dead... If they’re in minimap range and moving cautiously around my blip they’re either trying to avoid conflict or are tricking me and I’ll see a ‘so and so shot you with a whatever’ reload screen. who they are, well, I could care less. I’ll learn their gamer tag soon enough if it’s applicable... The liquor... well, ThAt is much more important to a good time than some auxiliary second device app... a man only has so many hands...

Edited by The_Liquor

17 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Agreed, I was saying the app was still available for the online game for quite a while after the proximity blip update yet got removed close to PC release hence my theory that it wasn’t loss of usefulness that got it removed but inability/unwillingness  to support it across all platforms.

Ah...  I didn't know they got rid of the app completely.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

Speaking of maps - I wish the map stayed persistent and not wiped clean of everything every time you log off 

what do you mean? I’ve had markers on mine so long I can’t even remember why I put them there... my one wish is that I could label them...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

what do you mean? I’ve had markers on mine so long I can’t even remember why I put them there... my one wish is that I could label them...

Kinda my point .. lol ... like the places you’ve seen different animals, plants, locations, etc.. it writes or draws it on the map, but then wipes clean ... wish it stayed on there all the time like it does in story mode ... 

18 hours ago, Melizmator said:

After a yearof playing you will hardly be in a need of a map believe me 

I know for me, I pretty much memorized everything. I don't know the minor details and such but I know how to get from one place to another without using the map.