Krampus Shotgun

5 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I like how it looks... but can’t upgrade that variant... Not that shotguns desperately need the upgrades, but I’m glad I didn’t spend money to buy it.

I wish you could upgrade the special variants, or in the case of revolvers, dual wield two of them. I love the High Roller revolver, but you can't dual wield them. 

How cool would it be to dual wield two of these .38 cal revolvers in a 1874 Huckleberry shoulder holster with cavalry style cross draw holster!.   

High Roller Double-Action Revolver.jpg

Edited by Vendetta
18 minutes ago, DiamondDave said:

The gun skin was only available from the 23rd to the 25th. As of the 26th, it is not available. It was part of the gifts they gave everyone for logging in. 

I thought if as long as you logged in prior, you would receive the shotgun regardless of the time you redeem it. 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
On 12/25/2019 at 3:23 PM, The_Liquor said:

I like how it looks... but can’t upgrade that variant... Not that shotguns desperately need the upgrades, but I’m glad I didn’t spend money to buy it.

You can upgrade it, I did.

First buy the shot gun, no variant

then upgrade its parts, ie: barrel, sights, etc.. then, go ahead and change its look to what you want, ie: gold, brass, copper whatever you had in mind, then add the variant.

Now, to get your metals on the variant, it is a process of the following.

Open the customize screen, pick the dble barrel shotgun from the list, then variant, then Krampus or whatever it says, then back out to the customize screen where it is the list of weapons and do it again, if you do this as fast as you can 4 times, you will notice the gun change appearance as you do it, first the barrel will disappear, then the rest except the frame, etc.. after 4 times if you did it right you should land on the krampus variant with your metal colors in tact.

It may take a few tries to get it to work, but it does work, I did this with my bolt action, my pump shotgun my lancaster and now my dble barrel shotgun, you get a variation of the variant.

I didnt take a pic of it, but if I can remember Ill post one later.

Mine is gold.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Vendetta said:

I thought if as long as you logged in prior, you would receive the shotgun regardless of the time you redeem it. 

This is what I thought but even though I was on on the 23rd, it is not an option for me so who knows. Oh well. Not that big of a fan of the gun anyways.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, xsugarskull said:

This is what I thought but even though I was on on the 23rd, it is not an option for me so who knows. Oh well. Not that big of a fan of the gun anyways.

Yeah I only play Red Dead Online on the weekends currently. I already own the Double Barrel Shotgun. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 10:12 PM, Vendetta said:

Could be the case, I dunno. I know someone I play with on occasions didn't get it even though he was on for a few hours one of them days. He forgot about it.