Do the races seem too hard or is it just me?

SNAK3S

I love races series. 

I haven't noticed any increased difficulty recently.  (Console)

It really shows you just how close most all horses are matched.  I've had my black Arabian struggle to pass a Belgian draft out of a turn, one wrong move and I'm stuck behind that big boy for a while. Point to point, is my favorite. 

Ya know, when you actually get a group that races and doesn't just farm xp, by running around for 20 minutes shooting everyone. 

On 12/26/2019 at 7:40 PM, SNAK3S said:

I have tried several but I can't manage to win or even come close. On console, I did decent at them but on PC, not so much. I don't know why.

They seem harder than they should be. 

I have not noticed an issue. Maybe you just suck at racing? I mean no hate here but some people just aren't good at it. I am usually great at racing games having owned several over the years. 

• Haha 1

Some people do seem to be insanely good at racing - especially the ones with lots of random targets/checkpoints to hit in any order.  There are various places on the net that show you optimal patterns to follow.  If you just make it up as you go along (like I do) you're likely to be 2+ minutes behind an optimised map-racer.

The straight-out point to point races are more of an equaliser.  I've won my fair share of those, primarily by (1) having a quick horse (2) ignoring weapons and other players (3) riding hard and (4) not getting unlucky with a bullet in the back of the head.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 6:32 PM, Freakshow9191 said:

I love races series. 

I haven't noticed any increased difficulty recently.  (Console)

It really shows you just how close most all horses are matched.  I've had my black Arabian struggle to pass a Belgian draft out of a turn, one wrong move and I'm stuck behind that big boy for a while. Point to point, is my favorite. 

Ya know, when you actually get a group that races and doesn't just farm xp, by running around for 20 minutes shooting everyone. 

Sorry to ruin your fun but the horses are "equalized" in stats when you enter the race. They're all the same speed. I enjoy that you're having so much fun with it though. The difference in speed in Free Roam is minimal though, some people have tested the differences between the Scawny Nag vs. a horse at top speed, the difference is only about 6% and you'll only save 30 seconds or so if you're running across the map with the fastest horse in the game (assuming that you have never-ending stamina.)

The horses all have their own stats that can be altered depending on what you do with them. That being said, winning a race is like 70% down to the horse itself and 30% the skill of the player. If you suck at races and have one of the best horses for speed in the game, you should still be able to win sometimes.