panther and wolf

harry747

I still need a panther and a wolf. Any tips on where to go and how to hunt? I tried predator bait but all i got was a bunch of wild pigs 😞

I may need another deer too but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

Edited by harry747

2 hours ago, harry747 said:

I found one (or rather it found me) in that area too. Problem is, it was only a 2-star :-( so I'll have to try again. That panther is the only thing between me and the biggest satchel.

Best of luck with that. It took me ages to find panthers and ages to get a perfect pelt. I'd say 70% of the time I was looking, 25% of the time I was getting killed, and 5% of the time I was doing the killing. lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tater said:

Mr-Burns-Oh-Dear-God-The-Simpsons.gif&f=

Really not as daunting as it sounds, because there are a couple of pretty open locations where cougars spawn fairly reliably. One is the road on the west side of Mount Shann, near where the trapper can be found, and the other is on the west side of the road just north of Beecher's Hope (this one requires access to lower West Elizabeth). I did that challenge just by going to both locations where cougars spawned both times, then saved, reloaded, and went back to both locations where two more cougars spawned. I think I knocked it off in less than an hour.

Honestly, I had more trouble with the challenge for killing scavenger animals feasting on corpses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KoiiBoii said:

SAME! I hated doing these. For some reason, I had to be so precise with these kills or they didn't count too. 

The kill doesn't seem to count unless the scavenger is actually eating on the corpse when it happens.

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Parzival said:

Honestly, I had more trouble with the challenge for killing scavenger animals feasting on corpses.

This is true.  When prepared for this challenge, it's really quite straightforward (the right type of arrow helps as you're not concerned with the quality of the pelt).  It's getting attacked by a cougar when you're riding someplace else that scares you from time to time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

This is true.  When prepared for this challenge, it's really quite straightforward (the right type of arrow helps as you're not concerned with the quality of the pelt).  It's getting attacked by a cougar when you're riding someplace else that scares you from time to time.

Believe it or not, I actually got three perfect pelts out of it. lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Parzival said:

The kill doesn't seem to count unless the scavenger is actually eating on the corpse when it happens.

Yup the second they stop, it won't count. I noticed that pretty early on. At first I was just running up on them guns blazing lol

1 hour ago, harry747 said:

finally got my panther 🙂

turns out i did need another deer, but that was no problem, and now i have the biggest satchel 🙂

Congrats. Where/how did you get him?

South if the Braithwaite area. I put some potent predator bait on the edge of the forest, then I kept an eye on that spot from outside the forest, and when the critter appeared, a shot from the Springfield rifle and some knife work took care of it 🙂