valerian root

harry747

Question.....   If you don't know what it does, then why are you looking to use it.  ....why did you buy it?  Just curious.

Valerian root is typically used for sleep disorders. IIRC, it's similar to a sedative to help you get a better night's rest, etc.  I recall that some also used it for anxiety and other mental health issues but I really don't know how effective it is for those or even for sleep disorders for that matter.

Personally, my recommendation is to talk to your doctor whenever taking something new like this that could have side effects / interactions or even negatively affect your health if you have other issues or take too much.  

No offense to anyone here who might respond, but I wouldn't take something your unfamiliar with like this based off of what someone says in a forum.

12 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Question.....   If you don't know what it does, then why are you looking to use it.  ....why did you buy it?  Just curious.

You seem to think that I'm talking about real life but I'm talking about rdr2. And I didn't buy it, i found it.

14 minutes ago, harry747 said:

You seem to think that I'm talking about real life but I'm talking about rdr2. And I didn't buy it, i found it.

LOL......   😀 

While I was browsing posts, I was in Off Topic and for some reason thought that is where you posted this thread.  

Yeah.....  I thought you were talking about the real thing. ....sorry.  😉

Like I said, valerian root increases your Dead Eye meter. Similarly, ginseng elixir increases your health meter and aged pirate rum increases your stamina meter.

Honestly, it seems like it would make more sense for valerian root to increase your stamina meter for the reasons Kean stated and instead have the pirate rum increase Dead Eye, but who knows why Rockstar went this way.

Edit: No, valerian root, ginseng elixir, and aged pirate rum can only be found throughout the game world.

Edited by Parzival

From what I recall, these three items are permanent increases to these three abilities.  So when you find Valerian root, just drink it.  However, this increase only extends so far, after which you'll get a message something like "You're already at maximum Dead Eye, drinking this will have no effect".

Like Parzival said, it gives you XP for your dead eye meter, and you should definitely drink it when you get the chance. Elixirs like that really aid in leveling your stats. At one point I found that I had like 4 or 5 Ginseng elixirs , and I increased my health level by 2.

52 minutes ago, HIGHHorse said:

Anytime I found anything like this, I just drank it and prayed for the best. lol I am a very reckless player when given the option to drink random bottles of stuff I find out in the wilderness. 

Did you drink the black liquid from the pot in the witch's hut?

• Like 1