Jump to content

RDR2 Online: Feature Request: Spotting Players [Rockstar Responded]


M_Ono7
 Share

Recommended Posts

Feature Request for RDR2 Online:
Having everyone shown on the map is discouraging. It creates a toxic environment for players whose main focus to piss others off by killing them repeatedly and makes it too easy to find others. Solution below.

Spotting Players:
How it would work: "Spotting" another player would mark them on the map for you (or everyone) to see for a limited time (i.e. 2 minutes).

Introducing a player spotting system would provide the community with the following benefits:

1. Reduce the amount of unnecessary PVP by trolls who kill others while trying to do tasks, missions, etc.

2. Encourage players to "scout" enemies before engaging. People would use binoculars, scopes, etc before engaging to ensure their target is not with a crew of other players.

3. Increase the online mode's realism.

4. There would be large community support for this - many posts on Reddit would confirm this idea as beneficial for the community.

5. Encourage use of microphone/global chat vs party.

Thank you! 
Matt

 

Rockstar responded to me! They gave me this link to submit the feature request: www.rockstargames.com/mouthoff. They told me the more people that submit the feature the more likely they will implement the feature!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, M_Ono7 said:

No. Currently, all players are shown on the map at all times!

That's what I meant, and also what I figured they would do...

I need to play it myself, but as of right now you have my support. Sounds like a much better way to do it to me. I hated GTAO because of that...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's what I meant, and also what I figured they would do...

I need to play it myself, but as of right now you have my support. Sounds like a much better way to do it to me. I hated GTAO because of that...

Yeah, I hated having to call Lester the Molester to go ghost for a bit.. and besides this game is waaaaay back in the gap so i like the idea of using scopes and binoculars before engaging in an attack to see what I'm up against.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, sLLiMM said:

Yeah, I hated having to call Lester the Molester to go ghost for a bit.. and besides this game is waaaaay back in the gap so i like the idea of using scopes and binoculars before engaging in an attack to see what I'm up against.

Thank you! feel free to help spread the word on reddit and twitter! the more people that agree and submit on the link the better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah a troll-a-thon by showning all players.  All we need now is flying vehicles with rocket launchers and the true trolling can begin.  

Anything we can do to avoid showing up everywhere, would be a major improvement.  So though I don't like the idea of another player can spot me, then flashes me on screen for everyone.  Not a fan of already being shown to the whole map either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

So though I don't like the idea of another player can spot me, then flashes me on screen for everyone.

That's just an attempt to keep the trolls happy.

Realistically, they still have to find you in the first place. then you're only on the map for a limited time (per @M_Ono7's suggestion).

As for the flying vehicles, the UFO is already in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it some dlc for online...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Truth said:

That's just an attempt to keep the trolls happy.

Realistically, they still have to find you in the first place. then you're only on the map for a limited time (per @M_Ono7's suggestion).

As for the flying vehicles, the UFO is already in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it some dlc for online...

Two things, unless I find a group of awesome players that make it worth getting online for or they give us a co-op only server.   My time online could become limited, cause I have no interest in buying online cards just to keep up with players that troll 24 Seven.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Two things, unless I find a group of awesome players that make it worth getting online for or they give us a co-op only server.   My time online could become limited, cause I have no interest in buying online cards just to keep up with players that troll 24 Seven.  

Exactly! Hopefully this kind of feature change would allow you to enjoy the online experience without trolls ruining it for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, M_Ono7 said:

Exactly! Hopefully this kind of feature change would allow you to enjoy the online experience without trolls ruining it for you. 

Apparently, I'm not making myself clear.  Some Troll sees me, does what he has to do to light me up on the map and then all of his troll buddies come to hunt me down.  Not a fan of that style of game play, but ANY Game manufacturer who feels that is more important player then I who doesn't want that.  Well I will stop buying their games.  IMHO this isn't a fix.  Give us Co-op servers like the original and then I will be happy.

Edit:  Adding a UFO will do nothing but speed up the time it takes to get to those who want to be left alone and probably given them stupid fire power like many of the GTA Online vehicles did.  It is nothing but a troll weapon and no need for it.

Edited by YodaMan 3D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could we have a Seniors Mode?

I'm 68 years old and my nervous system and 56K modem just cant cope with the 14 year old griefers and the jumpy graphics.

A casino on the Wapiti Reservation with a Denny's down the trail and we stay out of your way. Win/win.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Could we have a Seniors Mode?

Hahah yes.. only hunting and fishing and walk dogs in passive mode...;-)

indeed the blip thing can change from my perspective.. but i do have o say.. it has always been like this in every rockstar game.. so im not surprised about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rockstar has always catered to trolls in online modes. Trolls spend money to be better trolls.

They want people to spend money on gadgets that make killing other players easier. Then in turn, pisses said murdered person off to the point where they spend money on things to help them survive the encounter or get revenge.

Vicious cycle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, rick249kdr said:

Rockstar has always catered to trolls in online modes. Trolls spend money to be better trolls.

They want people to spend money on gadgets that make killing other players easier. Then in turn, pisses said murdered person off to the point where they spend money on things to help them survive the encounter or get revenge.

Vicious cycle.

Maybe that works for some, but I fall in the catagory where I stop playing this and go play something else.  I spend money for me to have fun.  PvP or Trolling what ever you want to call it, is becoming less fun, cause most players don't care to be the best, they just want to bully others.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Maybe that works for some, but I fall in the catagory where I stop playing this and go play something else.  I spend money for me to have fun.  PvP or Trolling what ever you want to call it, is becoming less fun, cause most players don't care to be the best, they just want to bully others.  

I don't even have an issue with people ganking me (because it's SOOOOOOOO impressive when four guys ambush a solo player, that's some 1337 skills, right there) but this notion that everyone is viewable on the map constantly is nonsense.

Even The Division learned from that mistake with their PvP area, the Dark Zone.  Hopefully, R* takes note. 

It's 1899.  Nobody is carrying a cellphone for the government to track.  There aren't any spy satellites.  And there's no surveillance equipment, apart from people's eyes, o I would think that unless people are in your field of vision, or part of your party, it would make more sense for them to not appear on the map or minimap unless they're making enough noise to be heard (like gunfire or dynamite).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just hoping they would be able to curb it with an aggressive bounty system but it doesn't look like that's happening.

Make it so killing other players comes with a harsh bounty and hunters at every corner.

Make it so continuing to play the game after committing murder is burdensome and frustrating. Zero fun and costly to erase. 

Rockstar doesn't want that though. Or they would have done it. Hell, they did it in single player.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, rick249kdr said:

I was just hoping they would be able to curb it with an aggressive bounty system but it doesn't look like that's happening.

Make it so killing other players comes with a harsh bounty and hunters at every corner.

Make it so continuing to play the game after committing murder is burdensome and frustrating. Zero fun and costly to erase. 

Rockstar doesn't want that though. Or they would have done it. Hell, they did it in single player.

It is the beta, we don't know what exactly Rockstar wants.  My guess is they want another GTAO, where players totally forget about the story and just want to create chaos and spend real money to do so.  

To me if they should treat this game the same way they did RDR and not GTA5.  Players will still spend money and you can let the trolls play with trolls.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last time I played online was Red Dead One. It was before Sony charged a fee for online play.

My first experiences RDR1 made me feel like one of turtles that live in Lemonye. Players would test their weapons upgrades on me or just put dynamite near me to see how far they could send me flying into the air. Respawn and repeat.

I found my niche in the gazebo, next to Marstons house, playing poker. I had a great time and the other players were generally buzzed (and so was I) but they knew the rules and a good time was had by all.

After a couple of months, the games were swarmed with 8-12 year olds that couldnt grasp the concept that a One outranked a Two in poker. It was also obvious that the little peckerheads had learned a new language from the adults that played the game. The games lasted for about 3 minutes until they got bored and then they were off to annoy folks in other parts of the game. Then it was back to waiting for a new game to open up on backed up servers. You can only roll down the side of a hill so many times. Breaking into Marstons boarded up house or playting tag with other players waiting for a new game to open up grows real old, real quick.

Unless Sony comes out with hefty seniors discount for online play, I just might head back to grinding out Fallout 4 or killing every last member of the Murfree inbreds in single player. Hitting on the camp sluts really isnt getting me anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 2:11 PM, YodaMan 3D said:

Maybe that works for some, but I fall in the category where I stop playing this and go play something else.  I spend money for me to have fun.  PvP or Trolling what ever you want to call it, is becoming less fun, cause most players don't care to be the best, they just want to bully others.  

The #1 key issue .... when one spends money, you should have fun.... If not then you do not spend.

The issue really is, who spends the most money? ... If it is Griefers?  Then they'll stay whilst I and some others leave ..... and vice versa.

Whilst I understand business , I am not from a gaming background so do not  intuitively know all the likely figures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...