Jump to content

Why shoot players locked in menus?


YodaMan 3D
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was hearing plenty of players, who while they was selling items or checking their maps.  Others would ride up and shoot them and then run off and avoid retribution.  Is anyone willing to explain why this is neceassary  for PvP?  This isn't the 1st game I have seen this, but it always seems to amaze me when I see this kind of thing and hear others complain about it like it's something to online gaming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why? Do it for the Lulz.

Same reason as why vandalise public toilets, bully children, and troll post youtube comments.

Given that you cannot steal anything from anyone, it can be the only reason. 

I dont mind, actually I enjoy, having a sense of threat from rival posses trying to interfere in a mission, or get into a fair gun fight, or start a bar brawl.  But this kind of silliness, like shooting a pelt loaded horse, or camping at the butcher, or lassoing people stuck in animation, and ganging up on a solo player for no reason .. it's just bullying, tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Poggy said:

Why? Do it for the Lulz.

Same reason as why vandalise public toilets, bully children, and troll post youtube comments.

Given that you cannot steal anything from anyone, it can be the only reason. 

I dont mind, actually I enjoy, having a sense of threat from rival posses trying to interfere in a mission, or get into a fair gun fight, or start a bar brawl.  But this kind of silliness, like shooting a pelt loaded horse, or camping at the butcher, or lassoing people stuck in animation, and ganging up on a solo player for no reason .. it's just bullying, tbh.

I only happened once.  I was selling stuff at a butcher and someone lassoed me drug me down the street.  I respawned and chased down the player.  Who ran into a NPC hideout and let them kill him.  I waited for him to respawn, figuring he wanted to PvP.  Yet when I would go near him he would kill himself or do something to get himself killed.  After a few attempts made by me, he left.  After that I have only seen it happen to others.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think their victims like to see them as life fails compensating, but for all you know they are multi-millionaires with the life of old riley, with great health, fantastic relationships, meaningful jobs, and a great sense of self worth.  And rather than be moronic it's entirely possible they are post-grads who went to the best schools and have an IQ of 180.

It just so happens that they are also asshats of the first order.

Not that that helps their victims feel much better.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Poggy said:

I think their victims like to see them as life fails compensating, but for all you know they are multi-millionaires with the life of old riley, with great health, fantastic relationships, meaningful jobs, and a great sense of self worth.  And rather than be moronic it's entirely possible they are post-grads who went to the best schools and have an IQ of 180.

It just so happens that they are also asshats of the first order.

Not that that helps their victims feel much better.

Ye you are probably true. The only reason is they are just assholes.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Poggy said:

and troll post youtube comments.

Now wait one minute; when a youtube video is trash, it deserves every bit of trolling it receives.

Flat Earther video?  Troll time.

Chemtrail Conspiracy Theory?  Troll Time.

Fake Moon Landing?  Troll Time.

How dare you lump my hobby  noble pursuit in with those ruffians who shoot vulnerable players reading a map!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Is anyone willing to explain why this is neceassary  for PvP?

Because YOU suck and THEY're amazing gamers. You just wish you could shoot "someone adjusting their settings and unable to see the game" with such ease!

Get good!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Now wait one minute; when a youtube video is trash, it deserves every bit of trolling it receives.

Flat Earther video?  Troll time.

Chemtrail Conspiracy Theory?  Troll Time.

Fake Moon Landing?  Troll Time.

How dare you lump my hobby  noble pursuit in with those ruffians who shoot vulnerable players reading a map!

Wait a minute.....   The Moon landing was fake?????

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

Because YOU suck and THEY're amazing gamers. You just wish you could shoot "someone adjusting their settings and unable to see the game" with such ease!

Get good!!!

Finally, some one who understands.  heehehehe.  Thanks Truth for your support.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I was hearing plenty of players, who while they was selling items or checking their maps.  Others would ride up and shoot them and then run off and avoid retribution.  Is anyone willing to explain why this is neceassary  for PvP?  This isn't the 1st game I have seen this, but it always seems to amaze me when I see this kind of thing and hear others complain about it like it's something to online gaming.

Yeah, this really sucks.  I try to kneel whenever and walk into cover if I'm doing things like that.  .....but as soon as you open the catalogue, your character stands up.  I'm not sure you can stay kneeling and off the radar and do this.  If not, it would be nice if you didn't show up on the map while browsing the book.  ....with the map, you can at least keep an eye on what's coming but with the catalogue, you have no idea until you hear something happen.

As far as skinning, they should let players at least break animation IMO.  I'm usually with people so we will watch each others back as we do.  ....and as long as other player blips are on the radar, I will keep checking the map periodically to make sure they are still a safe distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...