Jump to content

Hill Home Mystery


jihiro
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've always noticed some strange symbols on a tree right outside this house but you can't see all of them for some reason. Recently I learned if you stand back farther from the tree the rest of the symbols become visible, but then you're too far away to see them properly. I also heard that burning the tree helps make them more visible. So I used a combination of that and stood reallllllly far away and used my binoculars to get a really good screenshot of the symbols. It looks like they are mirror letters that say LEADER, with the last character up for debate. It looks like it could be either C or X but a lot of people think it's a K (for Kraff) There's also a turtle symbol that's used by the Chelonians on the house. Anyways, I just thought I'd share my findings

 

ab511af0-035a-11e9-af4b-02bdcb6634c0.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jihiro said:

I've always noticed some strange symbols on a tree right outside this house but you can't see all of them for some reason. Recently I learned if you stand back farther from the tree the rest of the symbols become visible, but then you're too far away to see them properly. I also heard that burning the tree helps make them more visible. So I used a combination of that and stood reallllllly far away and used my binoculars to get a really good screenshot of the symbols. It looks like they are mirror letters that say LEADER, with the last character up for debate. It looks like it could be either C or X but a lot of people think it's a K (for Kraff) There's also a turtle symbol that's used by the Chelonians on the house. Anyways, I just thought I'd share my findings

 

ab511af0-035a-11e9-af4b-02bdcb6634c0.jpg

Maybe if you find a key, you can work out what those symbols mean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HooverRAD said:

Maybe if you find a key, you can work out what those symbols mean. 

If you read my post, I already figured that out. It says LEADER in mirror lettering. As to what it all means tho, who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jihiro said:

I've always noticed some strange symbols on a tree right outside this house but you can't see all of them for some reason. Recently I learned if you stand back farther from the tree the rest of the symbols become visible, but then you're too far away to see them properly. I also heard that burning the tree helps make them more visible. So I used a combination of that and stood reallllllly far away and used my binoculars to get a really good screenshot of the symbols. It looks like they are mirror letters that say LEADER, with the last character up for debate. It looks like it could be either C or X but a lot of people think it's a K (for Kraff) There's also a turtle symbol that's used by the Chelonians on the house. Anyways, I just thought I'd share my findings

 

ab511af0-035a-11e9-af4b-02bdcb6634c0.jpg

I don't think that's mirror lettering either, those are symbols not letters.  Was gonna say Greek but that doesn't quite fit either.  My guess is it's more hieroglyphs having to do with the aliens that have been found already.  Probably an alien DLC coming out.

Cool find though!

This is out near the Hill Home?

Edited by Kormath
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kormath said:

I don't think that's mirror lettering either, those are symbols not letters.  Was gonna say Greek but that doesn't quite fit either.  My guess is it's more hieroglyphs having to do with the aliens that have been found already.  Probably an alien DLC coming out.

Cool find though!

This is out near the Hill Home?

Could be like ancient Norse or something. There's already a Viking tomb in the game, so it isn't that far fetched. 

Edited by HooverRAD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Redstaski said:

This off topic, but does anybody know what the drawings on this wall are all about? Came across a cabin outside of Strawberry and these were on the wall

rdr2 drawings cabin.jpg

Spoiler

You probably did the stone carving side quest. This is them drawn together. It’s about a time traveler.

^ about the drawings.

Couldn’t edit how I wanted, sorry.

 

About the topic: I’ve found Norse carvings on the far northeast of the map. It was a drawing of the world serpent with a lot of text. I have no ideia what it says though. And I saw this tree before in front of a house shaped like a turtle, and that’s the symbol of that strange religion in the game. So some people think it’s the house of the LEADER of the religion.

Edited by bitHead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Relatively old thread I know, but I didn't want to read spoilers, now I've completed the game I'm looking for answers to some of my many questions!

My first thought when seeing the house was that it looks like a Hobbit house from Lord of the Rings.  Yet it features a turtle which is the sign of the Chelonian cult.  The letters on the tree kind of reminded me of the language invented by Tolkien, though I'm no expert (kinda runic looking).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm no expert, and I'm certainly no Greek, but that looks like Chelonia in Greek reading downwards.

And the story of the guy in the cottage above Strawberry, with the big mural, is fab. I saw the mural before meeting him and collecting the symbols... the pay-off is good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2018 at 5:48 PM, jihiro said:

I've always noticed some strange symbols on a tree right outside this house but you can't see all of them for some reason. Recently I learned if you stand back farther from the tree the rest of the symbols become visible, but then you're too far away to see them properly. I also heard that burning the tree helps make them more visible. So I used a combination of that and stood reallllllly far away and used my binoculars to get a really good screenshot of the symbols. It looks like they are mirror letters that say LEADER, with the last character up for debate. It looks like it could be either C or X but a lot of people think it's a K (for Kraff) There's also a turtle symbol that's used by the Chelonians on the house. Anyways, I just thought I'd share my findings

 

ab511af0-035a-11e9-af4b-02bdcb6634c0.jpg

these symbols can all be found in the greek alphabet except for the first one to my knowledge but i cannot translate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ClvrMnky said:

OK...Stay with me here. Someone mentioned that it looked like Greek. Plugged those symbols into MS Word and copied to Google Translate:

Greek.JPG

Translate.JPG

Nice! I swear i tried to translate it into Greek for an hour online but it never occurred to me to try the letters backwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Vanguard69er said:

Someone mentioned that it looked like Greek

I think in that post I just proved how little Greek I know, I should have thought that one through. Now that I have the Greek alphabet in front of me and my good glasses on... I have less of a clue than ever. Sorry anyone if I led you up a frustrating back alley, it's just it looked all Greek to me, honest...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please forgive me for a question as the only greek I know is pita bread but.....

Why are the 2nd and the 5th symbols on the tree the same but they dont repeat themselves in the greek translation?

Bulgar Runic also has several perfect matches but doesnt match them all.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, buttlint said:

Please forgive me for a question as the only greek I know is pita bread but.....

Why are the 2nd and the 5th symbols on the tree the same but they dont repeat themselves in the greek translation?

Bulgar Runic also has several perfect matches but doesnt match them all.

Its funny how none of us ever noticed its the same symbol XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2019 at 7:46 AM, buttlint said:

Please forgive me for a question as the only greek I know is pita bread but.....

Why are the 2nd and the 5th symbols on the tree the same but they dont repeat themselves in the greek translation?

Bulgar Runic also has several perfect matches but doesnt match them all.

It still means the same thing if you use the E for both letters (Holder) or if you use the Ξ for both letters (Holding). Not sure that this is the actual answer, but it is intriguing that it translates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...