How do you set-up auto aim?

Tenti

Question

I realised yesterday that my auto=aim seemed really slow and unresponsive so I played around with the settings and it now seems much better.  These are my settings now:

Lock-on (foot) <wide>

Assist - Max

Lock-on Mount wide>

Assist - Max

3rd Person 

Look Sensitivity - 2 clicks to right 

Aim Sensitivity - 2 clicks right

Acceleration - 2 clicks down from max

Dead Zone - off (all the way left)

I also disabled "HDR".  Not sure that helped but seems easier to pick things out now.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

I was going to say to try disabling the Aim/Look Dead Zone setting but it appears that you already have that there.

I haven't messed with my settings much so I will check what mine are tonight and let you know. 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, Tenti said:

I realised yesterday that my auto=aim seemed really slow and unresponsive so I played around with the settings and it now seems much better.  These are my settings now:

Lock-on (foot) <wide>

Assist - Max

Lock-on Mount wide>

Assist - Max

3rd Person 

Look Sensitivity - 2 clicks to right 

Aim Sensitivity - 2 clicks right

Acceleration - 2 clicks down from max

Dead Zone - off (all the way left)

I also disabled "HDR".  Not sure that helped but seems easier to pick things out now.

This game is much more fun now ! You rock dude ! Thanks for this.  

• Like 1

I like my AA a little weak because I absolutely hate the instant lock-on to targets that are not close to my aim.  Makes the game much less challenging IMO and less fun (for me).  .....but when PvP'ers and trolls are taking full advantage of it, my choices become a severe handicap.  I'm ok with that though as I don't like the PvP events anyhow and have been able to hold my own with most griefers.

If there was a way to save and change between setups, I would likely have one that favored AA much more than my current setting for those PvP/troll situations.

19 minutes ago, The Coca-Cola Kid said:

Bro, everyone appreciates your disdain for auto-aim, in fact I would guess the majority of members of this forum do not use auto-aim... but you aren’t answering the OP’s question.

Hmm you are right, maybe later on ill edit my post and show an alternative to auto aim that I use in case if they ever wanted to try it out.

• Like 1

Try messing with them by going to and from extremes one at a time and see for yourself. It's pretty obvious what they all do dude. Fwiw, because of the the very strong AA in this game, I have, unusually for me, been able to max out all sensitivity/accel/no dead zones etc in 1st and 3rd person views. If free aiming I can still just about manage those settings (Kontrolfreeks-buy some now...just saying 😉) and I'm a rubbish shootist so ymmv. 

Edited by Traks1