Is there some news ??

john013

2 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'm still leaning towards this happening more so than nothing happening at all.  Too many folks were gifted free gold for participating, and a as a result, folks who participated in the Beta will have a leg up on the folks who did not.  Not that they're known for being fair, but I'm inclined to believe they'll do a full reset and refund everyone's purchased/earned gold.

As  long as there are private lobbies so I can grind  in peace without the fortnight rejects and get my gold back, I'm good.

This beta is clearly different than most others on console where they are typically just stress test and used for marketing. It's a working beta. 

Also, although RDO is in beta, it is available to everyone who has a copy of RDR2. I don't see any unfairness in those who have been gifted gold and in-game money for playing the game so far.  This is nothing different than what R* does with GTA during certain weekends, events or other periods of time where they award money or freebies to players just for logging in, etc.

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

@john013 (and anyone else who cares)

I follow these Twitter sources for RDO news and I found them quite reliable for the latest updates when they hit:

@RockstarGames

@RDonlineNews

@RDonlineNews

Personally, I'm not going to get worked up on pure assumptions.  Back on Dec 4th they even mentioned (due to concerns of a stat / progress reset) that they "currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s rollout".  They obviously can't guarantee that there will be no reset(s) as they may still yet run into unforeseen issues that may require it.  However, this doesn't necessarily mean that gold, money and purchased items would be affected if they did have to reset players progress, level, etc.  This is all just speculation on the off chance that they might have to reset anything.

Thx for the info Kean , and the rest off you Guy's/girls to offcourse. 

12 hours ago, rick249kdr said:

Rockstar has straight up said this is only a beta and there is a chance everything will be reset. 

I read they said the opposite of this. They said that if they clear everything, your individual player will not be affected. So which is it? 

31 minutes ago, Anc1entC0re said:

I read they said the opposite of this. They said that if they clear everything, your individual player will not be affected. So which is it? 

I posted exactly what they said in their last response on the concern but here are the two official statements:

The first....

We hope that all player progress during this early period of the Beta will be able to remain intact long term, however as with many betas for large scale online experiences such as this, there is always the chance that we may need to implement rank or other stat resets in case of issues.

....and then a follow up statement that I quoted in part in my earlier response:

We appreciate all the continued feedback we are receiving on the Red Dead Online Beta. For players concerned about the potential for progress and stat resets, we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s rollout. 

Anything else is speculation.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/tags/716?page=2

9 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I posted exactly what they said in their last response on the concern but here are the two official statements:

The first....

....and then a follow up statement that I quoted in part in my earlier response:

Anything else is speculation.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/tags/716?page=2

What I get from this is that they only plan to reset if  some crazy money glitches come out. That being said, GTA had some INSANE money glitches for the first year(s) and they just targeted individual accounts for the offenses. R* has pretty stellar software when it comes to tracking purchases and money down to the smallest details.  The sale of gold will def play a big part in their decision to reset.  We shall see.

22 hours ago, Grey Gato said:

I AM OUTRAGED!!!!!!   

I DEMAND RESTITUTION!!!!

For some reason, I pictured you knocking off a glass from a table and the thug life music playing after. Damn these internet cat memes! They haunt me even on a completely unrelated forum.