Jump to content

Is there some news ??


john013
 Share

Recommended Posts

I keep an eye on the R* socialclub for any news, but still i found no new news.

How long is the Beta running ? Is there a date set for launching the full online game.

The patch 1.05 is not even close off fixing things still there alot off faults in the game.

My UK frend read somewhere possible  R* gone do a rank resset for all players , is it true ??

 

 

 

(But you can buy goldbars)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I do not think anyone here on the forum has any insights on your questions and we are all eagerly anticipating new content.

If they do decide to reset ranks, they will lose a big part of their playerbase so I am pretty certain they will not do that. Also people have bought rank based unlocks with gold bar money so if they would reset Rockstar will face a lot of issues refunding things. NOT very likely at all they will do a reset.

Rockstar tweeted yesterday that you can craft and cook online and the playerbase was not very mild responding to such a tweet as everyone is getting bored and wants new content badly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sort of figured once the gold bar store opened that things were kind of locked in and that there would probably not be a reset. 

Probably.

And thanks, Euphoric77, for the info that Rockstar keeps up with a twitter account. I guess I'll check there also for updates. I check the Rockstar newsfeed page and this forum board a few times a day. As you said, "eagerly anticipating" about covers it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

Well I do not think anyone here on the forum has any insights on your questions and we are all eagerly anticipating new content.

If they do decide to reset ranks, they will lose a big part of their playerbase so I am pretty certain they will not do that. Also people have bought rank based unlocks with gold bar money so if they would reset Rockstar will face a lot of issues refunding things. NOT very likely at all they will do a reset.

Rockstar tweeted yesterday that you can craft and cook online and the playerbase was not very mild responding to such a tweet as everyone is getting bored and wants new content badly.

At this point, since they started selling gold in game, they would get some serious backlash if they reset.  It won't happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

 

Rockstar tweeted yesterday that you can craft and cook online and the playerbase was not very mild responding to such a tweet as everyone is getting bored and wants new content badly.

I'm not understanding this. Why would R* post on Twitter to tell us that we can do something that has been available since launch?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rockstar can do a reset anytime they want, it is a beta after all.  On the other hand, usually when that is done they give out some kind of reward for your participation.  So I don't think you would lose as many players as one would think.  It would really depend on the reward.

As for the length of the beta will depend on their plan, it could end soon or it could take months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Rockstar can do a reset anytime they want, it is a beta after all.  On the other hand, usually when that is done they give out some kind of reward for your participation.  So I don't think you would lose as many players as one would think.  It would really depend on the reward.

As for the length of the beta will depend on their plan, it could end soon or it could take months.

The gold system would pose a problem for them, for sure.  It should be standard that once a game collects money outside the purchase of the BETA (in game purchase, maps, expansions) that the game is no longer considered a beta and progress cannot be reset. You know there's people out there that  spent 100's on gold bars, I don't see things going well if that gets wiped. They would have to give those people the same amount of gold bars to use after the wipe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, madfretter said:

The gold system would pose a problem for them, for sure.  It should be standard that once a game collects money outside the purchase of the BETA (in game purchase, maps, expansions) that the game is no longer considered a beta and progress cannot be reset. You know there's people out there that  spent 100's on gold bars, I don't see things going well if that gets wiped. They would have to give those people the same amount of gold bars to use after the wipe.

Players would be upset, as long as they refunded in gold bars spent.  So i would question what was you doing before a reset?  Your response, Grinding.  What would you do after reset?  Your response will be, ticked off, but still grinding.   Point will be, you are grinding either way.  You have gained experience on what you liked and what you didn't.  So if you have all your gold back and felt you wasted it before, you can have a second chance and buy the things that are new or does work for you.  It will suck to start over, but you now know what to do and what not to do.  Your process of grinding will be easier, plus you already know what to buy at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rockstar has straight up said this is only a beta and there is a chance everything will be reset. 

You spend money in the beta you run the risk of losing it. 

Even if they did a reset without a reward (which probably won't happen), the loss of players would be minimal. Everyone would bitch online because that's what everyone does, but they'd still play.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, rick249kdr said:

Everyone would bitch online because that's what everyone does, but they'd still play

I know... Everywhere I look R* is a bitch, every message board, every forum, on twitter. They're ripping us all off and selling gold bars...

 

But they have given us the best game ever and people just can't stop playing, so there is that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, rick249kdr said:

Everyone would bitch online because that's what everyone does, but they'd still play

I know... Everywhere I look R* is a bitch, every message board, every forum, on twitter. They're ripping us all off and selling gold bars...

 

But they have given us the best game ever and people just can't stop playing, so there is that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well we are all entitled to our opinions , I for one spent cash on gold bars to be more efficient in grinding (spent the ingame USD on things that can only be acquired by in game USD and used the gold to get my horse and some guns and clothing and camp enhancements) The essentials except maybe the horse were all grinded and although I would be very annoyed losing the spent real life money it would not be the main factor for me quitting if we would get a reset. Luckily I can miss a few real life bucks, if not I wouldn't have spent them.

It would be the combination of loads of hours grinding to get where my character is, the sheer silence about the game's future by Rockstar and the fact that this Beta state of the game does not in any way show any signs of testing future improvements. Along with the fact that there indeed is too little content now and I for one can only do "fun" stuff in game without a goal for a limited amount of time. All these combined would be deciding to think about moving along to different games. I am pretty certain I will not be alone in this thought process, regarding I keep an eye on the Rockstar tweets / Reddit forum and reactions of the playerbase in general about RDO.

Of course Rockstar can reset stats - if people that spent real mony get a refund that would be the only solution to avoid a major crapstorm from starting and it will still lead to a reduction of the playerbase - especially those that are willing to support Rockstar financially by buying gold. Whether anyone will notice the loss in playerbase is an entirely different matter, Rockstar would know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Players would be upset, as long as they refunded in gold bars spent.  So i would question what was you doing before a reset?  Your response, Grinding.  What would you do after reset?  Your response will be, ticked off, but still grinding.   Point will be, you are grinding either way.  You have gained experience on what you liked and what you didn't.  So if you have all your gold back and felt you wasted it before, you can have a second chance and buy the things that are new or does work for you.  It will suck to start over, but you now know what to do and what not to do.  Your process of grinding will be easier, plus you already know what to buy at the time.

The reset would be ok by me as long as they refunded the gold bars. We received them for participating in the beta, that shouldn't be taken away.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cory206 said:

I know... Everywhere I look R* is a bitch, every message board, every forum, on twitter. They're ripping us all off and selling gold bars...

 

But they have given us the best game ever and people just can't stop playing, so there is that.

This is of course your personal opinion, I have been playing with a lot of different players, and I see them switching quickly to different games already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

This is of course your personal opinion, I have been playing with a lot of different players, and I see them switching quickly to different games already.

Everyone is different. Me, I'm in this game for the long haul unless they do something to screw it up like robbing gold bars from players or excluding private lobbies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Everyone is different. Me, I'm in this game for the long haul unless they do something to screw it up like robbing gold bars from players or excluding private lobbies. 

I'm in unless they allow griefing to rule over all like they did with GTA.  Then I will find another game or only play the campaign over and over.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, madfretter said:

It won't happen.

I'll take action on that, if only for the fact that they don't care about what we think.

If anything, they'll just refund everyone's Gold to the original value or amount purchased, but that's all they'd really have to do to satisfy any legal requirements.

6 minutes ago, madfretter said:

The reset would be ok by me as long as they refunded the gold bars. We received them for participating in the beta, that shouldn't be taken away.  

Exactly what they would do.  It's the simplest solution.

7 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

I see them switching quickly to different games already.

It's a competitive business.  And late February through March is going to be insane for gaming releases (assuming they don't delay Anthem or The Division 2).  I know that I'm not overly enthused with the online portion of RDR2 at the moment, but they have about two months to get me engaged before I jump ship.

14 minutes ago, cory206 said:

But they have given us the best game ever

High praise.  It's a fantastic game, to be sure, and one of the best I've played in a long time, but "the best game ever"?  I don't think I'd go that far.

46 minutes ago, Cliffs said:

Anybody that spends real money on anything beta is a fool parted from his money.

This guy gets it.  I've been adamant since the day Gold launched during beta that purchasing it should be avoided at all costs; anything can be rolled back for any reason during beta--that's why it's a "beta".  And I've seen it happen too many times in the past to believe differently.  I'd be willing to bet fewer than 1% of games go through a beta process without substantive changes--and the types of changes we're talking about usually have significant alterations (both directly and indirectly) to core game mechanics, and in this instance, the in-game economy.

They won't see a dime from me until they release a finished product.  Ask people who sunk money into the Marvel Heroes Omega on PC, PS4, and XB1 how they feel about the money they spent--as big a cautionary tale as there is.  We all know RDR Online is under no threat of shuttering within six months, but the fact that it's in beta and will continue to be for the foreseeable future is a HUGE red flag for myself and others when it comes to pouring more cash into the game.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

Well we are all entitled to our opinions

We all are, of course, and this is only mine. After playing for decades, this is the best game ever. But it is a game, and I play it for fun, which is an unacknowledged necessity in our lives. I will only continue playing it so long as I am having fun. The solo game itself would probably still have me playing, but I feel Online has added a layer of fun, so I can see that keeping me interested. As soon as I feel I'm 'grinding' I feel I'm no longer having fun and it makes me wonder why I'm playing a game.

I agree with all you say, I've spent a bit on gold, but know and accept the risk... I just wanted that Carcano and couldn't wait... I should have really, because not long after buying it I found 3 treasure maps in my satchel I had forgotten about, honest! I want new content of course, but that will come, but I still find plenty to explore and enjoy in the game even so, like the sightseeing boat trip I took on a cotton steamer round Flat Iron Lake, the ticket was a steal, I got some good snaps, and once we were out of sight of Blackwater one of the coolies gave me a draw on his hoochie-coochie cigarette. I can't remember the rest, but I got a lovely tan...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've only spent gold Rockstar gave to me. I wouldn't invest my own money into a game that I might not continue to play because I find it kind of broken now (the griefing).

Personally, I don't see Rockstar wanting to refund anything, which is why I figure it won't get rolled back.

Time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Euphoric77 said:

Of course Rockstar can reset stats - if people that spent real mony get a refund that would be the only solution to avoid a major crapstorm from starting and it will still lead to a reduction of the playerbase - especially those that are willing to support Rockstar financially by buying gold. Whether anyone will notice the loss in playerbase is an entirely different matter, Rockstar would know.

If "crapstorm" means anonymous people complaining online while still playing the game on a daily basis then yes, there will be a crapstorm. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rick249kdr said:

If "crapstorm" means anonymous people complaining online while still playing the game on a daily basis then yes, there will be a crapstorm. 

 

Over the past 3 years I have been playing a game that in the 1st few months they lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 90%+ now over issues players had with a game.  That is a crapstorm.  Yet the players who stayed argued more about the number who left and why they left, so while they did that issues didn't get fixed.  Company didn't need to, those same players was still playing and ignored the issues.

So I personally think Rockstar can do a reset if needed and make it at least acceptable enough for players to still want to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can keep discussing this - I just gave a combination of factors that would make me stop playing - I have grinded around 30k in game USD and am level 101 after about a week of actual gametime. I am at a point that the grind is just to get additional pamphlets/guns/horses for fun of testing these, now I focus more on building up some USD for future content. After the grind (which is fun for me personally) I cannot see me doing it again at some sort of official release in the future with "maybe" one content update added at that point. The gold bars potentially lost wouldn't bother me but having to do the grind with the same things over and over again that I have been doing since RDO release most likely would. 

At this point I still go online daily, mainly because Battlefield V is in a messy state as well and no other titles I like are out there. I like Red Dead, simply put. I am however getting bored quicker. The main reason I stick around is that I am hoping for an actual common goal/objective to focus on which is posse related. Build your HQ op with common goals and grind/work for it. A digital sense of achieving something with a group of dedicated players. I truly hope this will get added and I am patient enough to wait for this a bit longer, but as stated by another poster here when new AAA titles are hitting most likely in March and RDO hasn't taken the next steps by then, I can see a massive playerdrop happening. A character reset at this point and state of the game is very unlikely, I can only see it happen when and if people keep Money and goldbars acquired and a big pile of content is added to the game. If not I see a lot of people quitting. In all fairness most of the people on forums for particular games are more dedicated in remaining loyal compared to the masses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Euphoric77 said:

 30k in game USD

This is an oxymoron yes? 

1 hour ago, Euphoric77 said:

In all fairness most of the people on forums for particular games are more dedicated in remaining loyal compared to the masses.

I agree completely. 

The forums are where the dedicated reside. But we're also a drop in the bucket of the actual player base. Nothing we say or do matters.

This forum will die long before the game does. 

1 hour ago, Euphoric77 said:

If not I see a lot of people quitting. 

I guess this all depends on your definition of "a lot". My guess is, at most, they lose three percent. Peanuts.

Personally, I don't think R* will reset anything, but they have every right to do so with no repercussions. Except the constant whining of it's players. Which we seem to do no matter what. Always something to bitch about right? 

I'm also not disagreeing with you at all @Euphoric77. If I were you there's no way I would (re)grind for that long just to be back where you are right now. Too many games coming out to do that. But people will. 

Hardly a blip for R*. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Euphoric77 said:

We can keep discussing this - I just gave a combination of factors that would make me stop playing - I have grinded around 30k in game USD and am level 101 after about a week of actual gametime. I am at a point that the grind is just to get additional pamphlets/guns/horses for fun of testing these, now I focus more on building up some USD for future content. After the grind (which is fun for me personally) I cannot see me doing it again at some sort of official release in the future with "maybe" one content update added at that point. The gold bars potentially lost wouldn't bother me but having to do the grind with the same things over and over again that I have been doing since RDO release most likely would. 

At this point I still go online daily, mainly because Battlefield V is in a messy state as well and no other titles I like are out there. I like Red Dead, simply put. I am however getting bored quicker. The main reason I stick around is that I am hoping for an actual common goal/objective to focus on which is posse related. Build your HQ op with common goals and grind/work for it. A digital sense of achieving something with a group of dedicated players. I truly hope this will get added and I am patient enough to wait for this a bit longer, but as stated by another poster here when new AAA titles are hitting most likely in March and RDO hasn't taken the next steps by then, I can see a massive playerdrop happening. A character reset at this point and state of the game is very unlikely, I can only see it happen when and if people keep Money and goldbars acquired and a big pile of content is added to the game. If not I see a lot of people quitting. In all fairness most of the people on forums for particular games are more dedicated in remaining loyal compared to the masses.

I understand where you are coming from, but as I said before.  Being a beta, you should have known there was a chance at a reset.  What if you get some reward for making it that far?  Get to keep your money and your gold.  All you had to do was grind again, cause that is all you would being doing anyway, right?  We don't know what a reset would be.  It could be a complete reset and refund of spent gold.  Could be partial reset, where your levels get wiped but keep what you already have.  Very possible their will be no reset.  Either way, those who are still playing will still be grinding, regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Id stop playing if they reset the game at this point.

 

I cannot for the life of me stand GRINDING levels.. just to gain access to stuff that I need to buy with money or gold.  

 

If it was up to me there would be no levels in this game.  Just a money/gold grind free for all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I'm in unless they allow griefing to rule over all like they did with GTA.  Then I will find another game or only play the campaign over and over.

 I The griefing stuff will get addressed,  they've said it's on their list,. They just need to work faster lol.GTA is pretty crazy with the trolls, but most of us are so far in the game we can troll back worse lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

If it was up to me there would be no levels in this game. 

But... but... how will the tri-hards track their progress in the absence of leaderboards if there are no levels?

27 minutes ago, madfretter said:

The griefing stuff will get addressed,  they've said it's on their list,.

Lists are meaningless unless they actually follow through on it.  Until this hot mess is out of beta, I reserve the right to withhold judgment.  Apart from deeming it a hot mess in it's current (albeit incomplete) iteration.

58 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

It could be a complete reset and refund of spent gold.

I'm still leaning towards this happening more so than nothing happening at all.  Too many folks were gifted free gold for participating, and a as a result, folks who participated in the Beta will have a leg up on the folks who did not.  Not that they're known for being fair, but I'm inclined to believe they'll do a full reset and refund everyone's purchased/earned gold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@john013 (and anyone else who cares)

I follow these Twitter sources for RDO news and I found them quite reliable for the latest updates when they hit:

@RockstarGames

@RDonlineNews

@RDonlineNews

Personally, I'm not going to get worked up on pure assumptions.  Back on Dec 4th they even mentioned (due to concerns of a stat / progress reset) that they "currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s rollout".  They obviously can't guarantee that there will be no reset(s) as they may still yet run into unforeseen issues that may require it.  However, this doesn't necessarily mean that gold, money and purchased items would be affected if they did have to reset players progress, level, etc.  This is all just speculation on the off chance that they might have to reset anything.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...