I reported a Grefer and made the mistake of messaging him and letting him know, and now he retaliated against me and I am banned from Xbox live for three days.

Stvnbgo

This Grefer was completely harassing me and my friends for over a half hour. I got so fed up that I finally decided to report him to rockstar into Xbox. I made the mistake of letting him know how upset I was and that I had reported him for grieving us. He retaliated and now I’m banned from Xbox live for three days. Rockstar needs to do something about Griefers immediately. It’s not fair that all I’m doing is trying to play a game and I can’t do that in peace. I have screenshots of this kid messaging me back and laughing at me because I’m the one that got band instead of him. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Stvnbgo said:

This Grefer was completely harassing me and my friends for over a half hour. I got so fed up that I finally decided to report him to rockstar into Xbox. I made the mistake of letting him know how upset I was and that I had reported him for grieving us. He retaliated and now I’m banned from Xbox live for three days. Rockstar needs to do something about Griefers immediately. It’s not fair that all I’m doing is trying to play a game and I can’t do that in peace. I have screenshots of this kid messaging me back and laughing at me because I’m the one that got band instead of him. 

Going by the update notes from today, it looks as if Rockstar isn't taking griefing seriously and not really going to address it, in the beta any way.

My advice? Keep checking for updates to be released and hope Rockstar finally sees the PvE light--but find other games you want to play until that happens. I curbed my enthusiasm for this game once I realized griefing wasn't as egregious to Rockstar as it is to some of us players.

• Like 1

R* spelled out several specific ways that they are looking to help mitigate the griefing issue in future updates. 

@Stvnbgo

Your first mistake was messaging the troll.  I'm assuming you said something that violated MS policy which is why MS banned you for 3 days (second mistake).  R*'s report feature in the game is a different story and isn't related to your ban.  I doubt it would have even led to a ban of the player you had the problem with but I still believe it's important to report disruptive behavior.

In the future I would suggest you report the player(s) and then block them if you are able.  I know you can do it on PS4 but I'm unsure how that works on XB1.  I'd also suggest refraining from any contact.  At that point you will look like the one who is doing the harassing especially if you use colorful or intimidating language. 

If someone is bothering you for that long, join another session once you report/block them.

EDIT: btw, I closed the other duplicate thread I believe you may have created by accident in this forum.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Stvnbgo said:

Never, ever, ever message someone, especially when you are mad. I'm guessing you said some stuff that he was able to report you for harassment for, which ended in the 3 day ban.  Just go to their xbox profile, block them, then  report them for unsportsmanlike play and the system will usually no longer pair you in multiplayer games. 

Now, I'm wondering. How was one griefer harassing you and your friends, it was at least 3 on 1 right?

Yeah it was 3 to 1. But he was like a level 98 with all the parks and we couldn’t kill him. No matter what we did this idiot just kept following us. No I didn’t say anything crazy. I just messaged him to let him know that I reported him. I have no idea what he said to Xbox to get me banned.

Edited by Stvnbgo

9 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

EDIT: btw, I closed the other duplicate thread I believe you may have created by accident in this forum.

Didn't notice you were a mod now, congratulations!

@Stvnbgo the "block player" option is right under "report player". Use that instead of the "message player" option, and you won't have these problems...

Hey hombre my advice is to expand your posse. We were riding 8 deep last light and would be trolls parted like the red sea ! They will Not test your metal when they see how many guns are coming there way ! I have lost hundreds of dollars do to trolls. Posse up bud !

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stvnbgo said:

Yeah it was 3 to 1. But he was like a level 98 with all the parks and we couldn’t kill him. No matter what we did this idiot just kept following us. No I didn’t say anything crazy. I just messaged him to let him know that I reported him. I have no idea what he said to Xbox to get me banned.

Was he on a horse?

47 minutes ago, Stvnbgo said:

Gotcha. typical toolbag. He probably lied and said you were sending offensive msgs or said offensive stuff in chat, Did you get rdr banned or xbox banned? You should have gotten an email saying what the ban was for.

Edited by madfretter

2 minutes ago, Stvnbgo said:

Yeah at times, but he also had the hat park where you couldn’t head shot him.

Kill his horse..   Always kill the horse when you deal with players with that perk.  They rely on their horse to keep getting Hats back ASAP.     So it basically allows him to keep eating head shots.  (He was probably using S&S too)

Use a scoped weapon or hipfire./shotguns at close range is the easiest way to kill his horse.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stvnbgo said:

Yeah at times, but he also had the hat park where you couldn’t head shot him.

Yep that card is called never without one. It will only detour the first head shot which takes the hat off. After that fill that scoundrel full of express ammo ! Lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Kill his horse..   Always kill the horse when you deal with players with that perk.  They rely on their horse to keep getting Hats back ASAP.     So it basically allows him to keep eating head shots.  (He was probably using S&S too)

Use a scoped weapon or hipfire./shotguns at close range is the easiest way to kill his horse.   

This is very helpful. I did not know that’s how it worked. Anyone that has this perk the horse is dead for now on. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Stvnbgo said:

This is very helpful. I did not know that’s how it worked. Anyone that has this perk the horse is dead for now on. Thank you.

Here 's a more in depth look at it.

They are mostly using

Slow and Steady which makes them take less damage and head shots don't always kill them one shot..  They can't run on foot with this ON and riding on a Horse they can move quickly.

Never without One.  When they have a HAT on they take less body shot damage and they can survive a head shot.  But without a hat on they take MORE damage.  So everytime you shoot their hat off, they just grab another hat from their horse.  Which only takes a seconds to put another hat back on when on a horse.

So once you kill their horse and shoot his hat off.  They now take more damage.. Even with Slow and Steady on (Now they can't move fast on a horse, they are on foot.)  Slow and Steady now just makes them take normal damage.   And without a horse they can't just grab another hat.

I've been having to do this a lot lately.   I hate killing horses but, it is what it is..lol

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Here 's a more in depth look at it.

They are mostly using

Slow and Steady which makes them take less damage and head shots don't always kill them one shot..  They can't run on foot with this ON and riding on a Horse they can move quickly.

Never without One.  When they have a HAT on they take less body shot damage and they can survive a head shot.  But without a hat on they take MORE damage.  So everytime you shoot their hat off, they just grab another hat from their horse.  Which only takes a seconds to put another hat back on when on a horse.

So once you kill their horse and shoot his hat off.  They now take more damage.. Even with Slow and Steady on (Now they can't move fast on a horse, they are on foot.)  Slow and Steady now just makes them take normal damage.   And without a horse they can't just grab another hat.

I've been having to do this a lot lately.   I hate killing horses but, it is what it is..lol

I hate killing horses too. Don’t like it when people killed my horse. So I try to avoid it. But now it looks like I’m going to have to be a horse killer to any Grefer. And yes he had both those parks. I will definitely try your method. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Stvnbgo said:

I hate killing horses too. Don’t like it when people killed my horse. So I try to avoid it. But now it looks like I’m going to have to be a horse killer to any Grefer. And yes he had both those parks. I will definitely try your method. Thank you!

Heres a video I recently found of someone using exactly what I explained.

The video is him fighting against posse using some sort of weird glitch.  So hes not griefing.  Hes defending himself.

But, just take a look at what hes doing.  Constantly using Slow and Steady and grabbing more hats everytime his gets shot off.  

Lucky for him the griefers didn't kill his horse..lol.   That horse is the only reason he stays alive for so long.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Heres a video I recently found of someone using exactly what I explained.

The video is him fighting against posse using some sort of weird glitch.  So hes not griefing.  Hes defending himself.

But, just take a look at what hes doing.  Constantly using Slow and Steady and grabbing more hats everytime his gets shot off.  

Lucky for him the griefers didn't kill his horse..lol.   That horse is the only reason he stays alive for so long.

WOW!  Griefers really suck. But yeah what he was doing on his horse is what the other guy was doing to us. But it seems like this guy was targeting only low level players.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Stvnbgo said:

Same here..

Just gotta remember you're open to the same type of counter.  Once your hat gets shot off, you take more damage.  And S&S just serves to make you take normal damage without a hat on..

A good counter,  without copying them is.

Focus Fire, Peak Condition, Winning Streak, Unblinking Eye.   If you're in a posse, even with one person with this set up. Focus fire will give everyone a damage boost.   

I like to swap my card load out all the time.   It really catches tanky players off guard when I go full glass cannon.  Sure, il die in one head shot.  But I kill them like they are not using any real tanky perks.   It sort of even things all out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stvnbgo said:

Wow, that doesn't sound good.  I only played a few minutes of online once I beat the campaign.  Is this a thing now for most everyone, being griefed?  I guess I still don't understand the point of online in the first place.  Is it supposed to be a PvP playground, or, are you supposed to complete missions while solo or in a posse?  I guess it could be both but if you kill somebody at random are you considered a griefer?  I really want to understand what online is supposed to be before I dive back into it.

8 minutes ago, Force58 said:

Wow, that doesn't sound good.  I only played a few minutes of online once I beat the campaign.  Is this a thing now for most everyone, being griefed?  I guess I still don't understand the point of online in the first place.  Is it supposed to be a PvP playground, or, are you supposed to complete missions while solo or in a posse?  I guess it could be both but if you kill somebody at random are you considered a griefer?  I really want to understand what online is supposed to be before I dive back into it.

Online is supposed to be either you can roam by yourself, or with the posse. do missions, side missions, and, or PVP lobbies. What it is not is.. it is not cod, it is not a PVP free for all. It’s supposed to be like the story, but you can play with your friend. Currently you cannot go hunting alone, or fishing alone, because a Grefer will come out of nowhere and just take you out.

25 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Just gotta remember you're open to the same type of counter.  Once your hat gets shot off, you take more damage.  And S&S just serves to make you take normal damage without a hat on..

A good counter,  without copying them is.

Focus Fire, Peak Condition, Winning Streak, Unblinking Eye.   If you're in a posse, even with one person with this set up. Focus fire will give everyone a damage boost.   

I like to swap my card load out all the time.   It really catches tanky players off guard when I go full glass cannon.  Sure, il die in one head shot.  But I kill them like they are not using any real tanky perks.   It sort of even things all out.

What ammo do you use? I use Express, but I'm thinking about getting the pamplet for split point ammo. Not sure how much of a damage boost that gives.

Right now if I want to be real nasty I can hit them with a poison throwing knife

😆

Edited by Vaderspupil

2 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

What ammo do you use? I use Express, but I'm thinking about getting the pamplet for split point ammo. Not sure how much of a damage boost that gives.

Usually express rounds.  Sometimes High Velocity.. 

I kind of regret spending money on split point ammo.   You have to craft each one.. one by one  and its not that big a difference when compared to regular ammo.   I rarely use it

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Usually express rounds.  Sometimes High Velocity.. 

I kind of regret spending money on split point ammo.   You have to craft each one.. one by one  and its not that big a difference when compared to regular ammo.   I rarely use it

Good to know. I'll hold off on that then.

4 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Good to know. I'll hold off on that then.

Does the dead eye extension work like it does in story mode? Split points almost doubled my dead eye time in story. From what I remember the damage was  almost the same as express as well.