GAME MODE: R* LET ME FIX YOUR GAME!

SPITEFUL

ALLOW  ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. MY ONLINE NAME IS SPITEFUL ON PSN IM A OG PLAYER AT THAT .....AND IM ALSO A GRAPHIC DESIGNER. 

THIS GAME WE ALL KNOW NEEDS HELP SO HERE IS SOMETHINGS YOU SHOULD DEF CONSIDER FIXING AND ADDING TO HELP MAKE THIS GAME GROW IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. KEEP IN MIND MOST OF US PLAYING THIS GAME WE ALL MADE A CHOICE TO LEAVE THE GAMES WE PLAYED B4 TO PLAY THIS GAME BECAUSE IT HAS POTENTIAL. 

SPITEFULS IDEA TO FIX THIS GAME HEADING TO THE RIGHT PATH TO KEEP PLAYERS HAPPY. 

1) AUTO AIM MUST GO............................... ! PLAIN AND SIMPLE THERE IS NO SKILL IN AUTO AIM. esp in pvp game modes. 

2) GRIEFING NEEDS to be controlled in some way. 

3) CREATE daily activities . Example kill 10 deer to get a reward , taim 2 horses and sell them for a cash reward. and blah blah blah you get the idea. 

4) CREATE MORE STRANGER MISSIONS AND ONCE YOUR DONE THEY DONT RENEW TILL THE WEEK IS OVER TILL RESET. 

5) NEW GAME MODES :

CAPTURE THE FLAG GAME MODE  12 v 12 mode where 3 teams for 4 can join in on one map making the playing field even on both sides and two main capture points in the middle to control the map in spawning in. you can stay back and defend the base and flag while offence players go after the flag. and try to return it. if you get 3 kills you can turn in them points in your stable to unlock your horse to use. if you get 5 kills streak you unlock a stage couch to carry more members across the map faster ......10 kill streak you unlock stage coach with a gun on the back. and very important who ever captures the flag they can do nothing but only hold the flag and run or drop it and defend it. 

NORMAL TEAM DEATHMATCH GAME MODE  :......................... ..........on a mid size map. 8 v 8 is fine size for this game mode. again no auto aim will make this game extremely fun. and for dead eye. every 3 kills your dead eye goes up creating like a special...

GUN RUSH GAME MODE: ........................................................... TO FIX THIS OPEN THE MAP ON A WHOLE DIF LOBBY AND LET A TRAIN TRAVEL THE MAP VERY FAST SO PLAYERS CAN JUMP OFF AND AS THE CIRCLE CLOSES IN FROM DIF LOCATIONS. 100 PEOPLE ON THE TRAIN. LAST PERSON ALIVE GETS GOLD AND XP. OR SQUAD 4 TEAMS SAME IDEA

RACING GAME MODE: ...........................................this is just fine dont need to fix anything just add new maps and locations. 

6) Players getting kick from games NEEDS TO BE FIXED ALSO ASAP.............................

Edited by SPITEFUL
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SPITEFUL said:

SO HERE IS SOMETHINGS YOU SHOULD DEF CONSIDER FIXING AND ADDING

This is an unofficial forum, Rockstar has no presence here (excluding the one member who claimed to be from Rockstar before disappearing).

All of those ideas are fine, but none of them are original... Everything you mentioned already exists in other games. Doesn't mean they're bad ideas, just that there's no way to add some of them without ripping off another game.

I'm personally kind of sick of all the fps games out there. It's been done to death. Every COD game is just a reskin of the last with a few minor adjustments. I want games that are different than the rest. Not saying the suggested game modes shouldn't be added, they just shouldn't be the main focus of the game.

40 minutes ago, SPITEFUL said:

1) AUTO AIM MUST GO............................... ! PLAIN AND SIMPLE THERE IS NO SKILL IN AUTO AIM.

Can't argue with you there.  I think you'll find a lot of like-minded individuals here.

41 minutes ago, SPITEFUL said:

3) CREATE daily activities . Example kill 10 deer to get a reward , taim 2 horses and sell them for a cash reward. and blah blah blah you get the idea.

I really dig this suggestion.  There's a R* support page that has been mentioned in other posts, and it might be helpful if you provide this feedback directly to the studio:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=decd9bdb

Hi Spiteful and welcome.

A couple things.....   First, I wanted to let you know that RDR2.org is not affiliated with Rockstar or Take Two Interactive.  This is a fan site, so when you say "your game", it isn't really our game.

Having said that, I will provide a link below where you can contact R* directly with your feedback:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

Please note that there is a 500 character limit when providing feedback so you'll likely need to submit your suggestions piecemeal.

Either way, there's no problem in sharing these ideas for discussion with fellow community members and in fact, participation is encouraged.  I just wanted to make sure you knew that what you post here won't necessarily reach R*.  You'll have to go through their feedback site to ensure that.  ....and the more of us that do, the more likely it will be that these ideas can become reality.

• Like 2

I agree with some of it..

But how exactly does R* control griefing?  What exactly is the actual act griefing?

Killing players when they don't want to be killed.. is what most people would consider griefing.  Can only be solved by invite only or friendly lobbies.

R* could make it more difficult to locate players and add more butchers to the map... 

• Like 2

Well seasoned Gunslingers on RDR2 would all love a realistic touch but just to make it fair for the rest of the world they want to give everyone a little kickstand so that the normal player stands a chance. I guarantee more then half the RDR2 community would love to get rid of being able to lock on! But then I could see a lot of people stop playing cause it would be to hard for most. 

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I agree with some of it..

But how exactly does R* control griefing?  What exactly is the actual act griefing?

Killing players when they don't want to be killed.. is what most people would consider griefing.  Can only be solved by invite only or friendly lobbies.

R* could make it more difficult to locate players and add more butchers to the map... 

Or as I suggested before, applying the rules used in single player, could be used to curtail griefing.  We don't have to be naive enough to say special lobbies are the only fix.

1 minute ago, Dark Eco Wolf said:

Well seasoned Gunslingers on RDR2 would all love a realistic touch but just to make it fair for the rest of the world they want to give everyone a little kickstand so that the normal player stands a chance. I guarantee more then half the RDR2 community would love to get rid of being able to lock on! But then I could see a lot of people stop playing cause it would be to hard for most. 

Isn't it an option to free aim vs auto aim?   If you feel auto aim is a crutch, and prefer free aim then why hold yourself back?

3 minutes ago, Dark Eco Wolf said:

I choose free aim but I haven't noticed if it puts you in sessions with other free aim players. I know RDR has this as an option where you could enter a free aim session. did they do they same with RDR2 but does it automatically? 

From what i understand, it's simply a personal option just like the sensitivity settings for auto aim, FPV vs. TPV, etc.  Everyone gets put into the same generic Free Roam session regardless of what their settings are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dark Eco Wolf said:

I choose free aim but I haven't noticed if it puts you in sessions with other free aim players. I know RDR has this as an option where you could enter a free aim session. did they do they same with RDR2 but does it automatically? 

No not yet, at least not to my knowledge.  Rumors are circling that more lobbies are the plan, but I haven't heard that from any source that I would totally support.  It's just rumors.  Those rumors are sounding like we get about the same options as we had in GTAO.  Again, just rumors and nothing concrete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Those rumors are sounding like we get about the same options as we had in GTAO.  Again, just rumors and nothing concrete.

And they're running out of time.  People aren't willing to wait around while R* swims in their pile of money like Scrooge McDuck in his money bin while the online continues to be a half-baked beta.

Image result for scrooge mcduck money bin gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

And they're running out of time.  People aren't willing to wait around while R* swims in their pile of money like Scrooge McDuck in his money bin while the online continues to be a half-baked beta.

Image result for scrooge mcduck money bin gif

The rumors there are that they are trying to work on "Issues" before releasing anything else.  It was unclear what "Issues" are.  Rockstar themselves have stated that they are working on issues, but they have also stated this "Beta could take months".  Something I don't feel they really have with all of the releases coming out in that time.  Good news for Rockstar is that they haven't listened to their player base and sticking to their "PvP DZ as the End Game."  Supposedly, stated that there was plenty of "pve end game".  Please take a note that the PvP DZ is in caps, while pve is lower cased.  Just to show how much respect that Ubisoft or Massive is showing their PvE crowd by listening to them.  Which they haven't or won't.  So Rockstar has that in their corner if they can improve the PvE wishes, while also keeping the PvP players happy.

14 minutes ago, Dark Eco Wolf said:

I was dying waiting for RDR2 and when it finally came out I was really happy that the story was all done but the online wasn't. I hate that all these gaming companies are putting out the unfinished product just to make people happy. 

With poor managing and pressure to impress shareholders.   Software companies have been pushing incomplete software for a while, promising that they said out updates and make everything "OK" down the road.  I have PC gaming friends who have stated this is how it has been on PC games since forever and most of them is completely ok with it and feel it is acceptable.

I have asked them if they would be willing to by a car or a house that was incomplete with a promise that it will be finished once we figure out how later on.  Everytime I here "unacceptable".  Why is software acceptable and any kind of hardware isn't?

Im from pc gaming and YodaMan 3D you are correct pc games are thrown out left right and centre unfinished and unplayable and with the steam platform you can buy games in that state with no guarantee that they will be ever finished, (early access)  A lot of PvEvP games have come and gone because the company's wouldn't listen to the players and waited till it was too late to give the PvE players anything, By that time everyone had moved on to the next so called PvEvP

I really enjoy this game and the reason why I stay is because it is still beta, But with no real changes players will leave as many have said there are interesting new games on the horizon 

So we will see what happens

2 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Or as I suggested before, applying the rules used in single player, could be used to curtail griefing.  We don't have to be naive enough to say special lobbies are the only fix.

This isn't single player.. 

Theres nothing you can do to stop people from killing other players that won't ruin the game for people who like the anything can happen feel of the game.  And like to defend themselves against players

So why ruin one aspect of the game to cater to another?   When you can just add more options for game modes.

Im not being naïve.. Im being realistic.        Theres no reason for players who have no interest in pvp to be playing in pvp lobbies.    Even if they did add passive mode.  Those passive players are taking up spots for pvp players..   OR those pvp players are taking up spots for pve players.

Split it up..

8 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

This isn't single player.. 

Theres nothing you can do to stop people from killing other players that won't ruin the game for people who like the anything can happen feel of the game.  And like to defend themselves against players

So why ruin one aspect of the game to cater to another?   When you can just add more options for game modes.

Im not being naïve.. Im being realistic.        Theres no reason for players who have no interest in pvp to be playing in pvp lobbies.    Even if they did add passive mode.  Those passive players are taking up spots for pvp players..   OR those pvp players are taking up spots for pve players.

Split it up..

The campaign had a FFA feel.  It also had rules.

Online could use those same rules and all players involved would be ok with it.  They already played by those rules.  So you can't really say it doesn't work or it would ruin it for me.  You may not like it and I'm sure there could be adjustments that would make it better for all parties without ruining it for everyone.  Currently Griefers are able to do anything and a large part of your player base isn't liking it.  Some have threatened if not already left the game.  Considering how they have done separate lobbies, I would be highly concerned that they would continue their old ways and punish players for playing the friendlier lobbies.  I personally feel that is a slap in the face.  I said it before and say it again.  Rockstar doesn't want us in separate lobbies.  They want us all in one, it is the standard for these type of games.  Reward PvP and Griefers, punish PvE.  Meanwhile Griefers continue to ruin the game overall.

4 hours ago, SPITEFUL said:

1) AUTO AIM MUST GO............................... ! PLAIN AND SIMPLE THERE IS NO SKILL IN AUTO AIM. esp in pvp game modes. 

Agreed. I think that  auto aim should be optional and having it on will cut all cash and xp earnings by 75% .

2) GRIEFING NEEDS to be controlled in some way. 

This is a must.  I think alot of the greifing is bred from boredom and limited ways to earn XP. So hopefully, the new additions to the game will eliminate alot of this.

This would be a huge help to the boredom and keeping players focused. This was one of my favorite things about GTAV, they paid really well too. That's key.

35 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

The campaign had a FFA feel.  It also had rules.

What rules?  I could slaughter everyone and ride away laughing in single player.

I can also get jumped by rival gangs in single player.. and get slaughtered.  Which is the NPC version of what you consider griefing in this game.

Currently Griefers are able to do anything and a large part of your player base isn't liking it.  Some have threatened if not already left the game.  

And most of them are asking for private lobbies..or friendly lobbies.   Because they know that's the actual solution to to stop getting killed by random players.  Its the only solution.   

Considering how they have done separate lobbies, I would be highly concerned that they would continue their old ways and punish players for playing the friendlier lobbies.  

Or R* can simply tailor the lobbies for co-op game play instead of pvp.  It also depend on how you look at it.  Is it a punishment if you get less OR is it a reward if you play in a lobby that carrys a risk of being killed by other players.  Id go with the latter.

.  I personally feel that is a slap in the face. 

You are opting or off the risker game lobby.

Just like RDR 1 and GTA O has higher pay outs for free aim lobbies.   Auto aim players complained about that too because "Why should I be punished for how I want to play?"

Instead of looking at a reward for playing in free aim.

Edited by HuDawg

I'm not asking for different lobbies or different rewards, im not against players killing me it's like this

I was online 2 days ago just playing and out of nowhere Bang! dead, ok no problem, now when i respawned the player who killed me was in a posse of 5 and they just killed me over and over and over now im sort of ok with it coz it's still beta but there would be no point in playing this game if it stays the same when the beta end's, Why? coz it isnt fun,

Now you can say i should have been watching the map or go to the empty parts and stay away from players, i have no control where the game puts me on the map and everytime i spawned i knelt but 5 players knowing that im going to be around there somewhere im dead nothing i can do,

If there isnt a solution to be found where all players can play on the same server with a good balance then this will be the same on every PvEvP forum of all games like this for ever, 

The i play as a outlaw so i'm going to kill you over and over doesn't hold water at the moment because how can you be a outlaw when there is no law, anyway it will be awesome if they can find a solution!

Take it easy everybody Take Care Stay Safe and

Peace!

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

What rules?  I could slaughter everyone and ride away laughing in single player.

I can also get jumped by rival gangs in single player.. and get slaughtered.  Which is the NPC version of what you consider griefing in this game.

And most of them are asking for private lobbies..or friendly lobbies.   Because they know that's the actual solution to to stop getting killed by random players.  Its the only solution.   

Or R* can simply tailor the lobbies for co-op game play instead of pvp.  It also depend on how you look at it.  Is it a punishment if you get less OR is it a reward if you play in a lobby that carrys a risk of being killed by other players.  Id go with the latter.

You are opting or off the risker game lobby.

Just like RDR 1 and GTA O has higher pay outs for free aim lobbies.   Auto aim players complained about that too because "Why should I be punished for how I want to play?"

Instead of looking at a reward for playing in free aim.

And when you killed you got bounties, where lawmen, bounty hunters, or even rival gangs would hunt you down and massacre you.  Now if they used that against griefers.  Yeah maybe you get to kill a player a few times, but then they could then grief you by having a bounty put on you instead of parley where you get harrassed by NPCs till dead or you escape the region and go pay off your bounty.    If they fight back, then it would automaticly removes the option to call for a bounty.  There are options for stopping griefing other then run away, leave the game, or change lobbies.

As I have stated before, separate lobbies don't remove them from the game.  Lobbies are just a band-aid.  They don't fix the issue at hand, which is griefing.

Or they could punish players by locking some missions in the public lobby, which they did in GTAO.   Now Rockstar has claimed that they know griefing is a issue and they are making plans to actually deal with it.  Rumors are that they planning to do the same as GTAO.  Which many didn't feel was a fix. 

Edited by YodaMan 3D

1 hour ago, madfretter said:

Agreed. I think that  auto aim should be optional and having it on will cut all cash and xp earnings by 75% .

So if you use Auto-Aim you only get 25% xp.  hahahaha.  I can hear the crickets as players leave the game. 

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

And when you killed you got bounties, where lawmen, bounty hunters, or even rival gangs would hunt you down and massacre you.

So they get killed by lawmen.. Respawn and keep griefing you.

OR they just kill the lawmen and grief you at the same time.

Now if they used that against griefers.  Yeah maybe you get to kill a player a few times, but then they could then grief you by having a bounty put on you instead of parley where you get harrassed by NPCs till dead or you escape the region and go pay off your bounty.  

Back in GTA O they had bounties and cops.  How good did that work?   I usually gave my bounty to a friend...  And sometimes I would let the cops kill me.  A lot of griefers would just kill themselves to avoid dealing with cops.  

Whats stopping them from just killing you a few times and leaving?

Whats stopping a posse filled with high levels running a bullet train on your ass and the lawmen while getting bounties..  then leaving the posse and killing each other for the bounty?

Whats stopping players from being pests and annoying you to the point where you have to start shooting them.. And then you get a bounty and lawmen on your ass?

As I have stated before, separate lobbies don't remove them from the game.  Lobbies are just a band-aid.  They don't fix the issue at hand, which is griefing.

Separate lobbies don't remove them from the game?    Well how are they supposed to kill you, if they can't target you in your game?  You have literally removed them from the game.

Again.. You want the band aid.   And every band and idea I've heard.  Has tons of flaws in it OR flat out does NOT work.  

Edited by HuDawg

13 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

So if you use Auto-Aim you only get 25% xp.  hahahaha.  I can hear the crickets as players leave the game. 

Lol, totally.  To be clear. I'm pretty certain that R* will never get rid off the auto aim and it wouldn't even be an issue for me and most people if they got a handle on the  greifing.

11 hours ago, HuDawg said:

So they get killed by lawmen.. Respawn and keep griefing you.

OR they just kill the lawmen and grief you at the same time.

Back in GTA O they had bounties and cops.  How good did that work?   I usually gave my bounty to a friend...  And sometimes I would let the cops kill me.  A lot of griefers would just kill themselves to avoid dealing with cops.  

Whats stopping them from just killing you a few times and leaving?

Whats stopping a posse filled with high levels running a bullet train on your ass and the lawmen while getting bounties..  then leaving the posse and killing each other for the bounty?

Whats stopping players from being pests and annoying you to the point where you have to start shooting them.. And then you get a bounty and lawmen on your ass?

Separate lobbies don't remove them from the game?    Well how are they supposed to kill you, if they can't target you in your game?  You have literally removed them from the game.

Again.. You want the band aid.   And every band and idea I've heard.  Has tons of flaws in it OR flat out does NOT work.  

Dude, I'm saying the suggestion doesn't need tweaks.  What I am saying is some Asshat shouldn't be allowed to run players off because he is an Asshat.   If this game gets the same treatment that the GTAO got, it pushes players away.  I get it you in all your wisdom assume that is the greatest thing in the world when players stop playing a game.   My suggestion is there are ways that Rockstar can deal with griefing without telling part of it's playerbase to FU!  Your concern for the griefers who ruin the game is more important then those who want to play the game.   I understand the need to protect the PvP in a PvEvP freeroam.  I don't see doing it at the expense of the other half of your playerbase.  Other lobbies separates your playerbase, so at some point your players leave or they refuse to game as originally designed.  They don't or won't participate in PvEvP freeroam, cause the company won't address the issue.  They slap a band-aid on it and ignore the problem cause not as many complain.  You really need to look at what they did to GTAO.  Did they do anything to bring players together?  Hell to the No.  They created lobby options and some point put missions in the PvEvP that PvE players just wouldn't do.  So they punished part of the player base, cause they wouldn't fix the issue.  They never ever did anything to fix it, if anything they endorsed it and added more griefing tools.  

So as I have said before lobbies are a band-aid, they will be temporary fixes at best.  The Rockstar will punish those who don't play in the PvEvP lobby. So as much as your band-aid fix will appease players, it will be for a short time.  If Rockstar is true to their word and really want to fix it.  They need to actually fix griefing without destroying PvP.

At this point for you and I think in these forums, we should just avoid these conversations.  I want a fix.  You want a great big Snoopy Band-Aid, which drives players away from the game.  

Game companies can fix griefing, but they have actually try and not ignore it.  Which is currently being done in all PvEvP games.

32 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Dude, I'm saying the suggestion doesn't need tweaks.  What I am saying is some Asshat shouldn't be allowed to run players off because he is an Asshat.   If this game gets the same treatment that the GTAO got, it pushes players away.  I get it you in all your wisdom assume that is the greatest thing in the world when players stop playing a game.   My suggestion is there are ways that Rockstar can deal with griefing without telling part of it's playerbase to FU!  Your concern for the griefers who ruin the game is more important then those who want to play the game.   I understand the need to protect the PvP in a PvEvP freeroam.  I don't see doing it at the expense of the other half of your playerbase.  Other lobbies separates your playerbase, so at some point your players leave or they refuse to game as originally designed.  They don't or won't participate in PvEvP freeroam, cause the company won't address the issue.  They slap a band-aid on it and ignore the problem cause not as many complain.  You really need to look at what they did to GTAO.  Did they do anything to bring players together?  Hell to the No.  They created lobby options and some point put missions in the PvEvP that PvE players just wouldn't do.  So they punished part of the player base, cause they wouldn't fix the issue.  They never ever did anything to fix it, if anything they endorsed it and added more griefing tools.  

So as I have said before lobbies are a band-aid, they will be temporary fixes at best.  The Rockstar will punish those who don't play in the PvEvP lobby. So as much as your band-aid fix will appease players, it will be for a short time.  If Rockstar is true to their word and really want to fix it.  They need to actually fix griefing without destroying PvP.

At this point for you and I think in these forums, we should just avoid these conversations.  I want a fix.  You want a great big Snoopy Band-Aid, which drives players away from the game.  

Game companies can fix griefing, but they have actually try and not ignore it.  Which is currently being done in all PvEvP games.

I comes down to profit. Ultimately, R* needs it to be as hard as possible for us to earn money, because it will make us spend actual money, on gold.  The problem is,  R* chooses to use other players  to increase the difficulty of the game instead of making the game itself more difficult.   The reason they do this is because it's  a quicker, free solution.  Imagine how great online would be if they upped the NPC game and gave us a real challenge. Griefing would be at a minimum because people would actually be playing the game.

• Like 1

Dude, I'm saying the suggestion doesn't need tweaks.  What I am saying is some Asshat shouldn't be allowed to run players off because he is an Asshat.   If this game gets the same treatment that the GTAO got, it pushes players away.  I get it you in all your wisdom assume that is the greatest thing in the world when players stop playing a game.  

Players shouldn't be allows to run players off?  I disagree..  I can think of many reasons why they should be able too.  

Also most players want a private lobby or friendly lobby.    The people who stop playing will mostly stop due to lack of private lobbies..  and lack of free aim.  

My suggestion is there are ways that Rockstar can deal with griefing without telling part of it's playerbase to FU! 

None of your suggestion will stop griefing.   And giving players private lobbies or friendly type lobbies isn't a FU.   Its a solution to a problem.

No amount of band aids will stop players from 'griefing'.    Except passive mode.. and passive mode is dumb, so might as well add proper lobbies for players tastes

At this point for you and I think in these forums, we should just avoid these conversations.  I want a fix.  You want a great big Snoopy Band-Aid, which drives players away from the game.  .

Actually I want the fix..  You want the band aid.    

Because private lobbies does fix griefing.  Your band aid ideas don't.

A big snoopy band aid..   lol?

I've yet to see any idea that could stop me from killing someone over and over again.    Not one single idea.

Sure they can improve the blips and add lawmen.  And that would make it more enjoyable.  But it doesn't stop anyone from 'griefing'.