The most under skilled griefer ever!

Jackthestripper

So the other day I'm roaming around doing my thing solo, when an apparent griefer shows up.  I'm not overly concerned anymore about trolls/griefers as I refuse to let them intimidate or ruin my game play. I haven't had too many altercations with them as I generally stick to areas of the map that are not busy, or ride with a few friends I have met on here.  Well, I thought this particular attempt at griefing was pretty funny.  Truly a failure! Reminds me of the end of the first Dumb and Dumber movie when Lloyd says to Harry, "Harry, you're alive! And you're a terrible shot!" 

I'm not so sure he was a griefer. He might have been a low rank and still learning what they can do in the game. Or accidentally shot once and was like oh hey cool i can shoot like that and tries again. I mean if he chased you then maybe. But I've had some lowbies test out what they can do on me and I humor them sometimes.

Like one rank 11 wanted to fist fight me at the butcher. So I didn't use a gun, just let her get some licks in and then knocked her out. She didn't try again with me though and I didn't bother her either.

2 minutes ago, Renascent said:

'm not so sure he was a griefer. He might have been a low rank and still learning what they can do in the game. Or accidentally shot once and was like oh hey cool i can shoot like that and tries again. I mean if he chased you then maybe. But I've had some lowbies test out what they can do on me and I humor them sometimes.

It happens.  

The other day, I was raiding a camp by sniping with my rifle down into the canyon, and I accidentally shot and killed another player because I wasn't using the companion app, so I didn't have the map view showing me the other guy.  I just saw the "murder" notification and honor loss, followed by the "Bropollo Creed killed Player X" tag, and literally said, "oops".

Lesson learned.  Now, I keep the app open.

1 hour ago, Jackthestripper said:

So the other day I'm roaming around doing my thing solo, when an apparent griefer shows up.  I'm not overly concerned anymore about trolls/griefers as I refuse to let them intimidate or ruin my game play. I haven't had too many altercations with them as I generally stick to areas of the map that are not busy, or ride with a few friends I have met on here.  Well, I thought this particular attempt at griefing was pretty funny.  Truly a failure! Reminds me of the end of the first Dumb and Dumber movie when Lloyd says to Harry, "Harry, you're alive! And you're a terrible shot!" 

i cant even see his dot on the map lol, but first time he shot you were in the "safe" zone near a stranger mission so he couldn't lock on. After that when you switched sides he was in the "safe" zone area so once again he was unable to lock on. I believe that's what happened here

43 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

i cant even see his dot on the map lol, but first time he shot you were in the "safe" zone near a stranger mission so he couldn't lock on. After that when you switched sides he was in the "safe" zone area so once again he was unable to lock on. I believe that's what happened here

Makes sense I guess, but I thought other players couldn't shoot you unless you had actually activated the cut scene to start the mission.  As far as his dot on the map goes, it's there, but very very faint, which is a little odd.  

1 hour ago, Renascent said:

I'm not so sure he was a griefer. He might have been a low rank and still learning what they can do in the game. Or accidentally shot once and was like oh hey cool i can shoot like that and tries again. I mean if he chased you then maybe. But I've had some lowbies test out what they can do on me and I humor them sometimes.

Like one rank 11 wanted to fist fight me at the butcher. So I didn't use a gun, just let her get some licks in and then knocked her out. She didn't try again with me though and I didn't bother her either.

I mean, you're probably right, but I still think it's funny how it looked like a blind man shooting.  I had a good laugh if anything. 

1 hour ago, Renascent said:

55 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

It happens.  

The other day, I was raiding a camp by sniping with my rifle down into the canyon, and I accidentally shot and killed another player because I wasn't using the companion app, so I didn't have the map view showing me the other guy.

I did that the other day, while bringing back a wagon on a stranger mission, there was a player just sitting there right at the end of my trail where I was supposed to drop the wagon...he started shooting but he was aiming in the other direction, but I started shooting anyhow as I don't take chances.  I didn't kill him, but I felt bad after I realized he was just shooting at birds. I kinda apologized by saying "Oops, sorry dude, I shot you were trying to get my wagon",  and he didn't fire back at me he just rode off.  You're right though, accidents happen sometimes. 

There's no doubt in my mind he was trolling.  No one is that stupid if their intent is a friendly encounter.  Personally, I would have laid him out for that and downed his horse if it were nearby but that's just me.  

I'm experiencing a lot more of these kinds of encounters lately.  Usually low level players that (for whatever reason) feel they need to provoke fights with unwilling targets of opportunity.  Lots of these "under skilled" types picking fights with the wrong people.  I hope they get frustrated at some point and find another game to play.  Maybe the upcoming changes R* has in mind will change their tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born Homicidal said:

Yeah, that sounds possible.  Thought he may have just got the SB card, but think you may be right

Trolling seems to be the suit this guy wears best. lol There are a lot of people who play stupid to screw around people and to screw them over. My friend does it all the time. Me and my other buddies are always kicking up out the posse and the party.

• Like 1