Is the weather still not working?

#SadCowboy

I got struck by lightening yesterday out side of tumbleweed.  That was a cool light show.... rumble, and a loud explosion and screen turned white  as my guy flew like 15 feet.   It was very obvious what happend, and quite frankly I had to go check my drawers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

The weather system is not the same as in story mode. It think it is like it was in GTA. The same weather all over the online session. That's why there is no snow and lots of rain in the desert. 

It's not really related to RDR but i could imagine R* to use a similar calculation to the online world like they did in GTA. Some guy even wrote some website that is showing GTA weather forecast: http://gtaweather.herokuapp.com/weather

Edited by cadashka

4 hours ago, #SadCowboy said:

I remember reading something about this a month or so ago on here. 

The snow isn't working, it would just rain where it should be snowing. I am curious to know, was this fixed and it isn't updated for me or if it is all just rain still?

I was just out in the mountains but I saw no snow falling and thinking about it, I haven't seen it snow yet.

30 minutes ago, Mahuk said:

Firstly I am thankful that there is ever-changing weather in this game. It's one of the highlight immersive experiences in this game that I enjoy.  Are you saying Ambarino is wet not snowing? 

I was way up north yesterday and it was raining cats and dogs!

2 hours ago, Mahuk said:

Firstly I am thankful that there is ever-changing weather in this game. It's one of the highlight immersive experiences in this game that I enjoy.  Are you saying Ambarino is wet not snowing? 

No, he's talking about actually snowing versus rain falling. 

12 hours ago, #SadCowboy said:

I remember reading something about this a month or so ago on here. 

The snow isn't working, it would just rain where it should be snowing. I am curious to know, was this fixed and it isn't updated for me or if it is all just rain still?

From what I've seen it still only rains in the snow biomes (letting my Minecraft show),  I sort of like it though, it makes it seem colder and more miserable when you're out walking around in it.  It's probably just a memory saving choice for the time being. 

15 hours ago, Jborho said:

I got struck by lightening yesterday out side of tumbleweed.  That was a cool light show.... rumble, and a loud explosion and screen turned white  as my guy flew like 15 feet.   It was very obvious what happend, and quite frankly I had to go check my drawers. 

Only seen that once.  Had a player shoot at me and he decided to run when I didn't die.  So I chased him towards Tumbleweed, well big light show, then he was gone.  I stopped trying to see which direction he went.  Turned out him and his horse got hit.  Horse went one way and he went the other.  It killed his horse and he survived at least till I rode up and shot him.   It was too bad I didn't actually see him fly though.

16 hours ago, Jborho said:

While really rare, it's these little details in the game world I enjoy.

• Like 2

I was watching lightning strikes in the distance last night in the game and really didn't realize how explosive they were when they hit the ground.  There was a brief moment there when I thought about riding out to the area to tempt fate.