Arthur Morgan wasn't supposed to die

SnakeEater49910

There has been footage of a game reviewer going viral on youtube saying that somebody was able to access the code files for Red Dead 2 and in the files were alot of sh*t that Rockstar cut from the game includung Arthur Morgan living and exploring Blackwater and New Austin. Now we all know as gamers that Rockstar has a history of decieving and even lieing to gamers after rockstar cut sh*t from the games. i always knew Arthur Morgan did not have to Die when I started playing the game and Ialready starting to piece toghether the missing parts. this video was recently upload tues and may have already been taken down due to rockstars orders but this video explained what just went wrong in Blackwater and the b\ackwater mission that was cut from the game and a whole bunch of other things rockstart cut. NOW LET'S START TO BLOW THIS FORUM UP BY COMMENTING AND POSTING AND REPOSTING UNTIL WE GET ROCKSTAR GAMES ATTENTION AND THEN THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I for one am one of the pissed off gamer that wasn't fully impressed with red dead 2 even though it sold over a million copies I feel  BOTH TAKE TWO AND ROCKSTAR AR LYING AND WITHOLDING INFORMATION PERTAINING TO Red Dead , and I have played enough games to relize when there was someting cut out of the game because this game does not make no sense. Turns out ROCKSTAR'S ORIGINAL PLAN WAS TO HAVE ARTHUR MORGAN LIVE and have the players choose options but a lot of those options were already made and were terrible decisions!

11 hours ago, SnakeEater49910 said:

NOW LET'S START TO BLOW THIS FORUM UP BY COMMENTING AND POSTING AND REPOSTING UNTIL WE GET ROCKSTAR GAMES ATTENTION AND THEN THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I for one am one of the pissed off gamer that wasn't fully impressed with red dead 2 even though it sold over a million copies I feel  BOTH TAKE TWO AND ROCKSTAR AR LYING AND WITHOLDING INFORMATION PERTAINING TO Red Dead , and I have played enough games to relize when there was someting cut out of the game because this game does not make no sense. Turns out ROCKSTAR'S ORIGINAL PLAN WAS TO HAVE ARTHUR MORGAN LIVE and have the players choose options but a lot of those options were already made and were terrible decisions!

Let's not and say we did......

This is a fan site, not an official forum of R*.  ......but feel free doing this on R*s feedback site if you wish:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ultimately, it's Rockstar's story to tell and Arthur dying was the course they decided to go. We're just along for the ride (no pun intended). I'm not a fan of changing the narrative to suit one person or group's preferences. Plus, they probably still had the Jack Marston backlash in mind when making this decision (full disclosure: I'm one of the few people that liked playing as Jack in RDR1's endgame), thus deciding to give us control of John, a character whose positive reception by gamers and critics alike is well established, for the Epilogue. And it leads naturally into the events of RDR1, a rarity in gaming when it comes to prequels.

Edited by Parzival

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2019 at 10:42 PM, SnakeEater49910 said:

There has been footage of a game reviewer going viral on youtube saying that somebody was able to access the code files for Red Dead 2 and in the files were alot of sh*t that Rockstar cut from the game includung Arthur Morgan living and exploring Blackwater and New Austin. Now we all know as gamers that Rockstar has a history of decieving and even lieing to gamers after rockstar cut sh*t from the games. i always knew Arthur Morgan did not have to Die when I started playing the game and Ialready starting to piece toghether the missing parts. this video was recently upload tues and may have already been taken down due to rockstars orders but this video explained what just went wrong in Blackwater and the b\ackwater mission that was cut from the game and a whole bunch of other things rockstart cut. NOW LET'S START TO BLOW THIS FORUM UP BY COMMENTING AND POSTING AND REPOSTING UNTIL WE GET ROCKSTAR GAMES ATTENTION AND THEN THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I for one am one of the pissed off gamer that wasn't fully impressed with red dead 2 even though it sold over a million copies I feel  BOTH TAKE TWO AND ROCKSTAR AR LYING AND WITHOLDING INFORMATION PERTAINING TO Red Dead , and I have played enough games to relize when there was someting cut out of the game because this game does not make no sense. Turns out ROCKSTAR'S ORIGINAL PLAN WAS TO HAVE ARTHUR MORGAN LIVE and have the players choose options but a lot of those options were already made and were terrible decisions!

Obviously as fans of the game, passionate as we are, hearing about cut content, and other things that "might have been" can be vexing.

But it is their story to tell, and if they felt that Arthur dying would make the better story then so be it, I do think that it really was the right way to go, look at hoe passionate folks are about the game and Arthur.

True story, my wife who does not play video games at all ever, cried when Arthur died, she is very attached to him as a character and she really loves this game, despite not being a gamer, she loves the story and the emotion.

If Arthur lives you lose a lot of that.

AND, it is their game, so we should be thankful for what we got, and trust that they know what they are doing.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:39 AM, Kean_1 said:

Let's not and say we did......

I spat! 😂 Best moderator "No" ever hahaha. You earned that star, sir... you wear it proudly!

But yep, they definitely did change the original narrative, but every game goes through these types of major changes before releasing. Some remnants are bound to still be present within the code.

My brother is convinced somewhere there's a hidden ending where Arthur lives, but it just hasn't been found yet. I'd like to believe that but deep down I don't think there is.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

I believe that Arthur's death was completely central to the plot.  He needed something significant to lead him toward redemption in terms of paying for the sins of   Dutch's complete destruction of everything that the gang members wanted.

A love interest would not have given us that connection - it's been done so many times that we don't have an emotional connection to that.  Besides, his interacts with his past love (especially the last one), was touch and sincere - having him simply move onto someone else wouldn't have been him.  I sure wouldn't have believed in him after that.  Recognizing his illness and prognosis was the final straw for him - he was driven after that to protect the ones he loved, and the ones who deserved to live and love after his departure.  There are obvious parallels with terminal cancer sufferers in our own day.

It was brave of R* to go down this route.  It was brave of them to allow us to confront mortality on a far more emotional level than just being shot through with holes and living again until the end.