Day 5 of no stranger missions and no hideouts

Saffron

Question

5 days of no stranger missions or hideouts.just wondering is this the norm for most people here.i know they are updating the game but it seems excessive that i cant even get one to load then all missions go from the map and i have to close app to start again.

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

The stranger mission bug has been an on again off again thing for a while now. This used to happen to me a lot in the first month then it stopped and just recently it’s been happening again. 

As for the hideout bug have you been using the 3 star buck trick?

4 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Hello virgil we have been finding hodeouts but they just dont register when we finish them.the stranger missions have always been a bit temperemental but 5 days and ive had about 3 or 4 actually start.real bad at the min.just wanted some feedback on the topic.cant load a single mission at all.and i lose all missions on the map like as if im on the mission.but it wont register 

Other folks are having the same problem and some have reported that R* has acknowledged the issue and are working on it.  

If you haven't already, I would urge you to report the issue through R* Support here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.54673003.1331048157.1550775370-1719606522.1525287356

The update hits next Tuesday so we'll see soon enough if it gets addressed.  Other than that, there is no new news on the topic.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, virgil_caine said:

The stranger mission bug has been an on again off again thing for a while now. This used to happen to me a lot in the first month then it stopped and just recently it’s been happening again. 

As for the hideout bug have you been using the 3 star buck trick?

Hello virgil we have been finding hodeouts but they just dont register when we finish them.the stranger missions have always been a bit temperemental but 5 days and ive had about 3 or 4 actually start.real bad at the min.just wanted some feedback on the topic.cant load a single mission at all.and i lose all missions on the map like as if im on the mission.but it wont register 

Sometimes I am able to do the missions and hideouts, other times I am not. I noticed I have more issues when trying to go at things alone without a posse than when I am going as a group. Maybe that is where the bug lies? Who knows. Hopefully, it gets fixed in a few days.

• Thanks 1

I did 6 stranger missions today, and a couple yesterday. Except for one taking about 20 seconds to place me into the caravan wagon... no issues.

I’ve cleared at least 3 hideouts in the last 2 days, and was offered the option to spare the boss at the end. So, no issues there either.

<shrug>

no birds, animals or fish... can't call my horse...  and now my game crashes within 1 minute of loadup... all since Feb 18 on Xbox One

They seriously need to shutdown... we don't need an update... we need the game FIXED!!

I have the opposite "problem".  Flocks of birds, herds of animals, NPCs, etc. will occasionally replicate themselves so there will sometimes be double the amount or even triple with NPCs.  .....although the latter is a little rare.  

btw, I reported my particular issue and mentioned that many in the community are reporting the opposite.  A rep mentioned that the issues in the last week or more is quite likely due to them rolling back patches in preparation for the update next Tuesday.  If that's the case, we should see hopefully see improvements and resolutions to a lot of the problems.

• Like 1