Which weapon should I buy in online mode next?

evilcd

Question

I’m in the market to purchase my next weapon in online mode. I want to upgrade my handheld weapons, but I cannot afford them all at once at the moment.

So my question is which should I buy?

a). Sawed - Off Shotgun

or

b).  Volcanic Pistol

or

c). Semi - Automatic Pistol

Also, do I dual wield the same weapon or have a mixed combination? 

15 answers to this question

Depends on what you value more and/or your playstyle. 

Personally, I spent my money on long arms but I did buy dual Schofields and modded them.  I went with those simply because I like them but they are also good sidearms.  ....and I stuck with them because frankly, I rarely use handguns in this game.  

I bought the Lancaster as soon as it was available and still use it at level 55+.  The other weapon worth purchasing and upgrading IMO is the pump action shotgun.  I eventually switched to the repeater shotgun and but I could have easily stuck with the pump.  A shotgun and good lever action rifle is what I still rely on the most.

I will say that I did buy the Rolling Block rifle and eventually the Springfield which replaced it for big game / long range duty.  I have several other weapons which rarely get used.

• Like 1

Everyone loves the pump and dump shotgun, I really don't I seem to be one of few being me and my cousin. lol

I like the Volcanic Pistol the most out of the ones you listed but like Kean mentioned, it depends on your play style.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone for the advice.

I too rarely use handguns but just thought I should upgrade so I am covered for any situation. I have watched on YouTube people get knocked of their horse to get back up & destroy the player as they rush in in a hail of bullets or the power of the sawed off.

I use the Lancaster (fully upgraded) with special ammo, Pump Action (fully upgraded) regular ammo. I also have Bolt Action (fully upgraded) special ammo. I am currently level 43 & manage to rise one or two levels per day.

Any more advice regards long arm weapons / ammo / handguns / ability cards is greatly appreciated as I’m not the best shot. Damage & destruction asap is best play style for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

If anything, for the sound.  ......as if you need any other reason.  :)

Now they're pushing that new shotgun with the update..... and Uncle Bropollo LOVES his shotguns (still prefer rifled bore slugs for taking deer here than straight wall rifle rounds), so that's just another reason for me to stick with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozy8753 said:

Sometimes I dual wield  Semi-Automatic Pistols with the winning streak card tier 3, it's like a Gatling gun in your hands.

Sounds a good setup. I’m level 44, aiming for winning streak ability card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Now they're pushing that new shotgun with the update..... and Uncle Bropollo LOVES his shotguns (still prefer rifled bore slugs for taking deer here than straight wall rifle rounds), so that's just another reason for me to stick with it.

I’m finding the pump action fun & a good weapon to have so will have to look into the new shotgun.

I think this is simple: pistols  are up close and personal- while the volcanic is powerful, it's slow. 

If you are a headshot guy for the XP you want schofields . If you are more concerned about survival and want rapid killing power especially in those situations where you have three almost on top of you, go twin sawed-off. I carry twin Scofields and use a pump shotgun for being overrun. 

• Like 1

I love,love,love my Springfield and never go anywhere without it, using it for hunting, clearing enemy hideouts and self defense from both NPC ambushes and griefers. Because of it I find repeaters to be obsolete.  I have duel wielded Schofields for when I feel like being more of a gunslinger. I do have a pump action shotgun but I hardly ever use it, only when I know I'm going to be encountering lots of cqc.

• Like 1

For whatever reason, when I play online  I have the most success with the Rolling Block rifle, the pump action shotgun and the varmint rifle. I use a bow for stealth take downs in story mission. Frankly, I don't think you need to have anything else, those weapons can handle most situations. But as it has already been said, it depends on your playing style, my style is hunter gatherer with a side dish of boy scout. 727472005_RedDeadRedemption2_20181217090239.thumb.jpg.a0de87d14b13d04fa40edbac64de4432.jpg lololl