Gritty Fish (Potent Predator Bait)

HairyWelshman78

Much like some small birds and animals, you have to "break down" fish inside your satchel to get their meat.

A good place to catch Bluegill is the beach southeast of Riggs Station, down by where the Upper Montana River flows into Flat Iron Lake. I've caught more there than anywhere else.

I find herbivore and predator bait(especially the predator bait) to be completely useless. It won't make animals appear out of thin air. You have to know that they are already in the area. When it comes to predators, usually by the time you know they are in the area, they've already spotted you and are charging at you. I find it easy enough to hunt and kill animals as I encounter them. I use a predator charging at me to my advantage. It's a straight on headshot with a Springfield or bolt action rifle.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HairyWelshman78 said:

I Want The POTENT predator bait so that if there are any animals in the vicinity I can attract them.

Also I have bluegill fish but cant seem to break them down into gritty fish.

Highlight it in your satchel and press x to break it down.

• Like 1

Story mode. Guess a lot of people have just jumped straight into online and not learned the ropes in the less dangerous story world. I'm forever listing things over the Mic to my brother  that he won't know as he didn't do the story.

Can't seem to break down or cook big fish though. All well and good having a lure that helps catch 20lb fish....but can only utilise 1 at a time. frustrating.

Just now, Darkvicar said:

Story mode. Guess a lot of people have just jumped straight into online and not learned the ropes in the less dangerous story world. I'm forever listing things over the Mic to my brother  that he won't know as he didn't do the story.

Can't seem to break down or cook big fish though. All well and good having a lure that helps catch 20lb fish....but can only utilise 1 at a time. frustrating.

I got all the way to Chapter 5 but then online came around and I never went back.  I still have every intention of finishing the story though.

29 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I'm almost level 60 and I can't believe I never knew that.

Just another one of those things Rockstar makes you figure out for yourself.

17 minutes ago, Darkvicar said:

Has anyone managed to break down big fish?

You can't. It's like a deer carcass only there's no way to skin it to collect its meat.

6 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I find herbivore and predator bait(especially the predator bait) to be completely useless. It won't make animals appear out of thin air. You have to know that they are already in the area. When it comes to predators, usually by the time you know they are in the area, they've already spotted you and are charging at you. I find it easy enough to hunt and kill animals as I encounter them. I use a predator charging at me to my advantage. It's a straight on headshot with a Springfield or bolt action rifle.

I have spent time using both types of bait and they only seem to work in certain areas. Most places on the map, it takes a long time for anything to show up and that is if it indeed does. I think there is some kind of issue with it right now because it shouldn't work this poorly.

18 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:
18 hours ago, Darkvicar said:

Has anyone managed to break down big fish?

You can't. It's like a deer carcass only there's no way to skin it to collect its meat.

and as for the deer carcass you can sell it to the butcher at 7/10 $ (from the deer also revenue the skin and the meat, the horns if it is male, from the big fish no!).

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 4:55 PM, Kean_1 said:

I'm almost level 60 and I can't believe I never knew that.

I totally forgot until the other day when I was doing the succulent fish recipe daily challenge. Couldn't believe I'd never cooked fish in online so assumed they'd added it in the last update!