Just an idea

Vink001

A few days ago, i realized that... my caracter in RDO is too ugly, after that moment I start to think about how or when Rockstar could add an appearance change tool, not like make up or beard or hair, I talking about real change, like in TESV, when you talk to Galathil, pay some tax and change everything.

However, there was no plastic surgery or magic in 1898, so... what about some DLC aka Cowboys & Aliens? In the single player mode there is an easter egg scene that appears an alien ship, then if they put in the game some DLC that you have to beat or maybe help some aliens, and in the end your body is almost destroyed, but they have technology to reconstruct it, what if they let us change the visual of the caracter? There is a context, a suggestion and something that a lot players would pay for, because a lot of than (like me), made teribly ugly monsters.

Ps: I realy don't care about a context, i just want to change the appearance of my caracter, just an idea of context for some super realistic idiots shut up their mouths.

Ps2: actually, some kind of Cowboys & Aliens DLC would be nice in any possible plot, but could be even better if it is put like heists in GTAO.

Ps3: My apologies for any gramatical mistake, english is not my main language.

How about like good old D&D, when your character dies mid campaign and rather than making everyone start over from scratch, or die in another session or two when the severely crippled party finally dies while one by one people become heckling, beer swilling spectators, a brand new character of the exact same level magically shows up out of nowhere...

This would work by saving your actual progress, but letting you destroy your existing character and replace him with a new one. Perhaps at a cost of 10 gold bars or some such.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 5:40 PM, Vink001 said:

A few days ago, i realized that... my caracter in RDO is too ugly, after that moment I start to think about how or when Rockstar could add an appearance change tool, not like make up or beard or hair, I talking about real change, like in TESV, when you talk to Galathil, pay some tax and change everything.

However, there was no plastic surgery or magic in 1898, so... what about some DLC aka Cowboys & Aliens? In the single player mode there is an easter egg scene that appears an alien ship, then if they put in the game some DLC that you have to beat or maybe help some aliens, and in the end your body is almost destroyed, but they have technology to reconstruct it, what if they let us change the visual of the caracter? There is a context, a suggestion and something that a lot players would pay for, because a lot of than (like me), made teribly ugly monsters.

Ps: I realy don't care about a context, i just want to change the appearance of my caracter, just an idea of context for some super realistic idiots shut up their mouths.

Ps2: actually, some kind of Cowboys & Aliens DLC would be nice in any possible plot, but could be even better if it is put like heists in GTAO.

Ps3: My apologies for any gramatical mistake, english is not my main language.

seems great, now go and suggest it to the Rockstar suggestion and feedback page. I personally wouldn't want to pay 10 gold but 5 gold sounds reasonable enough?

• Thanks 1

GTA gives players the ability to change the look of their character.  ......but it's for a price.  However, they have a couple times over the course of the game allowed players to change their character for free.

I suspect at some point R* will do the same in RDO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good ideas. Just need r* to help people out with it. 

I wish I could change mine. I rushed him thinking I wouldn't really play the game. 

If I knew then how much I love this game I would have to my time with him.  Yeah totally agree 5 bars sounds better. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Born Homicidal said:

seems great, now go and suggest it to the Rockstar suggestion and feedback page. I personally wouldn't want to pay 10 gold but 5 gold sounds reasonable enough?

My caracter is so ugly, that i would pay 25 with a smile

• Haha 1

What I don't understand is how can they spend so much time making this game and not have decent looking characters for the online end. Like I get that not all of them will look like breadwinners but holy hell the women are uglier than the dudes in this game. 

It's certainly not perfect but I think some folks are not aware of the advanced option in the character creation menus.  I know I wasn;t and even recreated my character early on after release of the beta.  

Either way, this is certainly something they may decide to revisit which would likely bring an opportunity for folks to personalize their characters for free.  I also suspect they might allow multiple characters at some point like they did in GTA but we'll have to see.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, Vink001 said:

A few days ago, i realized that... my caracter in RDO is too ugly,

Exactly why I'm only Level 15 instead of about 60; I reset my character about five times because of the way he looked.

15 hours ago, Vink001 said:

My caracter is so ugly, that i would pay 25 with a smile

You know what we need?  A post in "Off Topic" that riffs on Reddit's r/roastme page, where users can upload their RDRO characters just to have folks on the forums savage how ugly the characters are.  

If I weren't at work right now, I'd be pulling a screen cap just for this purpose....

16 hours ago, G IR U IB said:

I wish I could change mine. I rushed him thinking I wouldn't really play the game. 

If it's any consolation, I spent at LEAST an hour and a half on each of the five times I reset my progress.  And what do I have to show for it?  A meth-head who looks like he got kicked in the face by a horse.

And the real pain in the butt is that I can't get him to fatten up at all, despite the issues everyone else seem to be having.  He literally looks like a cross between Skinny Pete from "Breaking Bad" and Rick from "Rick and Morty."

14 hours ago, dIV4r said:

but holy hell the women are uglier than the dudes in this game. 

Oh, I wouldn't say that.  "Creepier" may be more accurate (it's the eyes, there's just something inherently "wrong" about them, imo), but my dude is hella slovenly, bro.

14 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Either way, this is certainly something they may decide to revisit which would likely bring an opportunity for folks to personalize their characters for free.

I could see them giving anyone with a carry over character one free "makeover" which retains progression but allows for one complete tear down and rebuild once the "beta" tag gets removed.  But you'd have to use it within, say, two weeks.

25 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I could see them giving anyone with a carry over character one free "makeover" which retains progression but allows for one complete tear down and rebuild once the "beta" tag gets removed.  But you'd have to use it within, say, two weeks.

Yeah, I remember an instance or two in GTA where they did this. I believe one was due to some changes but I can't really recall the details.

23 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, I remember an instance or two in GTA where they did this. I believe one was due to some changes but I can't really recall the details.

Never played GTA, but if I had to guess, they most likely added a few additional options to the player creation menu, or expanded the existing ones.  Something like that seems reason enough.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Oh, I wouldn't say that.  "Creepier" may be more accurate (it's the eyes, there's just something inherently "wrong" about them, imo), but my dude is hella slovenly, bro.

Ya know I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this. They have this.... empty dead look to them. Like I wish I could have changed her eye color. Sometimes she looks fine but other times it's just unsettling. I think the expression also plays a part of it. Also women can't change the size of the boobs. They look like feminine boys with longer hair.

First pic, my character to the left my friend's to the right.

PS_Messages_20190201_155851.jpg

PS_Messages_20190208_023217~01.jpg

I've been burned by this before, playing online RPGs, and so took some care with not making a mutant freak who would haunt me for the next many months or years.

On day 1 when I made my character, 'everyone' was saying you couldn't make a woman that wasn't hideous, so I accepted the challenge.  My character may not be a supermodel, but she's not a monster.  

To use a reference only British members will understand, with the benefit of hindsight I think I unintentionally created Stacey Dooley!

20190206_223427.jpg