Camp requests are broken !!!

Arac4691

It should have been on the desk next to the typewriter.  I've never really had a problem in finding items like this, so I'm wondering whether you've been to this place before and sold the watch to a fence without knowing the true meaning of it - I mean, there's plenty of watches around in the world and it would be easy to assume that this one is just another one to sell on.

There's more than enough camp requests to get the achievement/trophy, so no need to assume they're all broken when you can't find one item.

Hosea book never triggers. Standing next to him and reading

Pearson request never triggers while playing Poker

Tilly request never triggers. Playing Dominoes does not trigger

Conclusion. Camp Request are Broken

I seem to remember that the Hosea request was initiated by examining a book by his tent, not just by watching him read.  Some aspects are triggered by actions, some are limited to time of day, and some are only available in certain chapters (for example, you need to play dominoes with Tilly in Chapter 2).

The triggers for these are documented on many of the gaming sites - Powerpyx is a good resource and there's a Wiki Article about this here on rdr2.org

6 hours ago, Arac4691 said:

It was on desk. but game wonr let me pick it up. game says u cant carry any more of that item. Conclusion Camp Requests are broken.

I love this.  "It doesn't work for me (but does for the other millions out there playing) so the game is broken" :P

Your question is answered in your post game says u cant carry any more of that item.   that means your inventory is full, go sell all your watches and come back and pick up the one on the table.

Hosea book never triggers. Standing next to him and reading

@Foxtrot answered that for you above.

Pearson request never triggers while playing Poker

Took 4 or 5 hands for him to talk about his item when i played.  Is this a chapter dependent one I'm wondering?  I did all of them to get the achievement in chapter 2.

Tilly request never triggers. Playing Dominoes does not trigger

I did this one in the evening if i remember right,  When i'd go back to camp to turn in the stuff for the upgrades i'd talk to everyone, i think this might be a chapter 2 one also?  I don't remember a dominoes table in the other chapters, but i could be wrong as i rarely played at camp played this with her and maybe one other time cause i was bored.

Edited by Kormath

If your satchel is too full to pick up another watch (the right one), then discard some, or sell them to a fence and go back to the shack to collect it again - it'll still be here.

Sorry, I missed that detail before I last posted.  I'm just used to having the Satchel of the East and almost never seeing the "you can't pick this up" message.

Ive got Legend of the East Satchel. I think its to do with Dutch's pipe.

Played about 25 hands of poker with Pearson still not had his request. But if go get naval compass from designated place and save and quit game. when I restart game  Lo and behold  symbol appears on Pearson to give him request.

Ok, I’m guessing that we don’t have the full story about what’s going wrong here. 

You say that you got a message indicating that you couldn’t pick up the watch because you couldn’t carry any more. You then say that you have the Satchel of the East, so that’s something that’s not right - I’m not sure there’s more than 98 watches in the map. And I’m pretty sure that Lenny’s pocket watch is a unique item so that inventory limit probably wouldn’t be affected anyway. 

We don’t hear about the camp requests being broken in this way- it’s not a known and common problem. 

So a couple of questions here. 

What else is broken in your game?

Do you have a constant internet connection to your console? I’m not sure how the game works when it’s not connected. 

20 hours ago, Arac4691 said:

You want more Evidence Camp Requests are broken

camp requests are not broken.  I agree with @Foxtrot  your stories aren't matching up.

You said closing the game and restarting fixed the Pearson request.  you need to do that every time you're done playing, otherwise it corrupts the cache and stuff.  you should probably clear the cache.  If you're on Xbox save your game, then hit the xbox button and scroll down to RDR2 and hit Start button (right one of the start/select buttons) then quit/exit the game.  HOld in the power button on the console until it shuts off, then wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on.

For the PS, save the game, turn off the console, power it on, start the game.  after the RDR2 splash screen (the opening screen) when it turns black press and hold in R1 and L1 until you get the darkness and screen calibration options.  

I agree the requests can be GLITCHY and it seems you have the fix...if not don't despair you will get continuing requests in the epilogue. This happened to me too but it seems the programmers accounted for it. You may also want to verify you have the most recent update (I have my auto update off) because it might be a known and fixed but after release...

if none of this works: I'm truly sorry, that happened to me during farcry, a glitch got me stuck at 99.1%

The camp requests are time limited - these cut out after chapter 4.  You can't, therefore, complete the camp companion requests in or after the epilogues in the same way that you can complete other tasks.

Just now, Foxtrot said:

The camp requests are time limited - these cut out after chapter 4.  You can't, therefore, complete the camp companion requests in or after the epilogues in the same way that you can complete other tasks.

This is false... 

Well, I'm sorry about that, but the official strategy guide has the full list of companion requests and they stop at chapter 4.  There's no opportunity to continue these in chapter 5 and beyond.  If possible that you what you think as being camp companion requests isn't the same as  what the OP is referring to here and what everyone else is talking about in this thread.

8 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Well, I'm sorry about that, but the official strategy guide has the full list of companion requests and they stop at chapter 4.  There's no opportunity to continue these in chapter 5 and beyond.  If possible that you what you think as being camp companion requests isn't the same as  what the OP is referring to here and what everyone else is talking about in this thread.

The companion requests continue into the epilogue part 2 at which point if you haven't already you can obtain the trophy and 100% completion which is what the OP was trying to obtain

Yeah, 100% trophy completion isn't the same as 100% game completion.  There's a few trophies that don't factor into the story line at all - fighting off 18 grizzlies being one, and "Errand Boy" (getting Dutch a pipe, getting the naval compass for Pearson, etc. - the subject of this thread) being another.

2 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Yeah, 100% trophy completion isn't the same as 100% game completion.  There's a few trophies that don't factor into the story line at all - fighting off 18 grizzlies being one, and "Errand Boy" (getting Dutch a pipe, getting the naval compass for Pearson, etc. - the subject of this thread) being another.

Are you saying that you cannot get 100% game completion without delivering those specific items?

No, I'm not.  100% game completion doesn't require any of those items.  If you take a look in the "Progress" part of the pause menu and go to "Total Completion", you won't see any companion requests needed.

100% trophy completion does.

Check out the 100% game completion checklist on Powerpyx here- http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-100-guide-checklist/

and 100% trophy completion here - http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Be aware that a "companion activity" (robbery, hunting, etc) is a different task to a "companion request" (get Dutch a pipe, etc.)

Then I was right the only way he would have meant 100% in relation to the camp requests was the errand boy trophy and subsequently the hundred percent trophy goal.

Spoiler

If you have not completed are in the boy by the time the camp goes away then you can do it on the ranch

just to clarify :)  You can get the errand boy trophy in the epilogue,  but only if you need 1 item to complete it.  Uncle will ask you for medicinal cream you can craft at a camp.  If you need more than 1 item when you get to the epilogue, you're screwed.  

Doesn't look like you need to do these for 100% game completion.  But for 100% trophies you need to complete 5 camp requests.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:52 AM, Arac4691 said:

Lennie asked for me to get him a watch. log says to get watch for Lennie. I go to designated spot for. No watch. Conclusion Camp Requests are Broken. Three different games have the same problem

So, in some cases you have to look deeper, or sometimes you have to go back, after a day maybe it all depends.

There are a few watches you can not pick up, so dont let that you make you think the game is busted, it is not, it is just the wrong watch.

I think there is a watch in Francis Sinclairs place but you cant pick it up there either.

I had to go to the Watson cabin 4 times to get an earing I needed for crafting.

Also, pick up EVERYTHING and dont sell anything until you fill these requests, to make that easier look it up just to get the list of items, so that if you should happen to run into the item and havent been asked about it yet, you will have it on hand for the day they do ask.

And that way the things you find that nobody will ask about you can sell.

I had Dutches pipe from my first day in chapter 2 and he didnt ask me for one until the end of chapter 3, and every time I saw him smoking out front of his tent I made a bee line!! lol

I got 11 or 12 camp requests but it wasn't easy and I missed at least two I had gotten before so it is hit or miss, but I think you only need 8 to get 100%.

Getting 8 is easy, just talk to everyone at camp in the morning, around noon, again around 6 and then after 10, do this a few different days and do it at both Horseshoe over look as well as clemmens point and you will get 8 in those two chapters alone, I never got another after chapter 3. ( actually thinking about it, I was asked to get Oleander in chapter 4.)

I could not get Jack to ask me about the thimble this time, he never did.

Edited by lumper

14 hours ago, Kormath said:

just to clarify :)  You can get the errand boy trophy in the epilogue,  but only if you need 1 item to complete it.  Uncle will ask you for medicinal cream you can craft at a camp.  If you need more than 1 item when you get to the epilogue, you're screwed.  

Doesn't look like you need to do these for 100% game completion.  But for 100% trophies you need to complete 5 camp requests.

Wow thank you! I assume that would be more after the cream okay, I will check this box as a replay task! 

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2019 at 3:55 PM, lumper said:

I could not get Jack to ask me about the thimble this time, he never did.

This one triggered for me in my very first playthrough, but never has again in any subsequent playthrough.

Can Uncle's request be triggered after the completion of Epilogue 2? I'm pretty sure I have the trophy for completing 5 camp requests, but I'd still like to complete it if I can.