Hardcore or Casual?

dredd1961

Question

Just interested in how many hours, players here have logged playing RD online. To be honest, I don't know what hardcore means. But looking at my time played. I think I need to get out of my mother's basement lol.  

595 hours played so far.  I work a 40 hour week and go out socially at least once a week so........

Edited by dredd1961
  • Haha 1

15 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, dredd1961 said:

Just interested in how many hours, players here have logged playing RD online. To be honest, I don't know what hardcore means. But looking at my time played. I think I need to get out of my mother's basement lol.  

552 hours played so far.  I work a 40 hour week and go out socially at least once a week so........

23 days & 2 hours

3 hours ago, liquidfire said:

I was just under 100 hours last I checked. I have been playing a lot less the last few months though. Most of that playtime was at the beginning. 

Sounds like you are waiting to see if RS come good with new content that they have promised. 

On 4/8/2019 at 8:13 AM, dredd1961 said:

552 hours played so far.  I work a 40 hour week and go out socially at least once a week so........

I dont think you cant go by hours played, because what about a hard core gamer who only loaded the game last week or last month ?

they obviously wont have the accumulated hours that others who have been  playing for a while now will have, especially those who started playing the day it was available.

I personally avoided it, I dont usually play multi player aspects of my games with a couple exceptions, this game was so awesome, I decided I had to have more so I woudl try it, but that was after resisting for a long time.

Now I play maybe 4 to 8 hours a day and I am grinding as hard as I can, I hit level 45 today,  after yesterdays update and offering I decided to go at it as hard as I can,

I was at level 41 yesterday, I made 1500$ in that same time, so am I a hardcore gamer who got a late start or do my hours add up to a casual player?

Like I said I dont think hours in can tell the whole story.

Maybe levels, or cash earned, but then again the longer you have played the further along you will be and the more money you will have earned.so....

Now I do think the hard core players and those who have been playing since launch are the over all minority, I think a larger player base hasnt even found their way here yet or havent played enough to get very far, and this is what R* is catering too in hopes to bring them in and substantially increase the over all base of players, at least that how it seems to me.

39 minutes ago, lumper said:

I dont think you cant go by hours played, because what about a hard core gamer who only loaded the game last week or last month ?

Well then.....  They aren't so hardcore then are they?  ;)  We're talkin' hardocre players who have been chuggin' along since the release of RDO!!!!

Seriously though....  He even admits he's not defining what hardcore is so I don't think his intent was that we read too much into that term.  This is obviously just a loose discussion to see how much time players invest in this game.

• Like 1

I was very hardcore when it came to the storymode. I played that far more than I'd like to admit but online, I am more casual. I just don't have as much time to invest right now. Part of me feels like I would end up burning myself out from it if I did so I guess it is a good thing for now.

5 hours ago, Glopez said:

Is there a place you can check your online stats for this? I only see what I have played the game over-all, not just online. 

When you are playing RD online, check your character's player stats, it tells you how many days and hours you have been playing online. 

I have played enough to s-l-o-w-l-y and painstakingly grind my way  to Level 114. I have an unsubstantiated notion there is a world of players out there who have not gone online because it is a beta version.  I'm retired and I would rather play RDO than checkers or fingerpaint at the local seniors center 😉 If R★ wipes the slate clean to start everybody at equal footing once beta ends, I'm confident I won't be the worst player out there. 

On 4/17/2019 at 2:38 PM, Major Dammidge said:

I have played enough to s-l-o-w-l-y and painstakingly grind my way  to Level 114. I have an unsubstantiated notion there is a world of players out there who have not gone online because it is a beta version.  I'm retired and I would rather play RDO than checkers or fingerpaint at the local seniors center 😉 If R★ wipes the slate clean to start everybody at equal footing once beta ends, I'm confident I won't be the worst player out there. 

Lol congrats on passing rank 100. I'm confident RS will not wipe, imagine how players who have grind past 100 would react! 

Edited by dredd1961