Posse invites?

lumper

Why would someone you dont know send you a posse invite?

I get them every time I am on, I dont accept them as I am usually doing something that I planned on doing like hunting to level up or fishing to make some cash for a purchase or both, combined with a litle pvp, I go back and forth to not get bored yet jeep earning no matter what I am doing.

But it has me curious, like what do you usually do when someone invites you to their posse?

Are they inviting me for a reason or just inviting everyone?

I dont accept them because I just have no clue why they asked me, what they are planning to do and why they need me to do it.

Im not against the idea of playing with others, but when it is someone I dont know I feel funny about accepting.

What do you guys do?

well first , some lonewolf like to group up , in my opinion a Posse is not a CLAN but a Group , you can group whoever u want , maybe that guys sent u a invite cause he has issue with ennemy players that keep griefing them , or maybe they try to get the good amount of players to start Posse feud and posse infighting etc. Just ignore the invite if your not interested

• Like 1

I have gotten some just from people looking for extra help for missions and such. I don't mind joining so long as I know I am not going to be bagged and tagged. Only happened to me 2 times out of the several that I joined randomly. 

• Like 1

I would accept them more if I knew why.  I would like to find an active posse actually, so welcome the opportunity. Or would more gladly assist with missions etc. I don't want to be Johnny Wingnut's backup after they tried griefing the wrong person though. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:18 AM, danelaw said:

I don't actually "know" anybody. I invite randoms for daily challenges or just because I'm bored.

Do people join?

I get them everyday but I never join mainly because Im doing something, and the few times I worked with others we wasted a lot of time, compared to what I would have gotten done, so I dont bother, like I met a few people who sent me invites I ignored them but we still rode together and did a few things, I dont need to be in a posse to collaborate, plus when I see a posse usually they are up to something.

I like to play alone for the most part, although I am part of a group with many members and we meet on a server it is pretty cool to be with 15 players all dressed alike, on a common mission or goal, but that is multiple posses with a plan and objective.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:01 PM, lumper said:

I get them everyday but I never join mainly because Im doing something, and the few times I worked with others we wasted a lot of time, compared to what I would have gotten done, so I dont bother, like I met a few people who sent me invites I ignored them but we still rode together and did a few things, I dont need to be in a posse to collaborate, plus when I see a posse usually they are up to something.

I like to play alone for the most part, although I am part of a group with many members and we meet on a server it is pretty cool to be with 15 players all dressed alike, on a common mission or goal, but that is multiple posses with a plan and objective.

This +1

I also ignore those invites for same reasons. I would like to find a closed posse and play with some ppl tho eventually. 

Usually it's about safety of numbers.  More of you together seems to deter those looking for easy targets.  When on, if I am running solo, I generally will get players that want to cause grief.  While generally in a group, players will generally avoid youl

Yes, players do join occasionally, most ignore it though. I send invites to low levels who are being grieved also. Posse members need to communicate via mic for efficiency. It can be as simple as mutual support for grieving/assassinations and everyone does their own thing otherwise.  

On 4/20/2019 at 1:18 AM, danelaw said:

I don't actually "know" anybody. I invite randoms for daily challenges or just because I'm bored.

Ok, thanks for the reply 

When your bored, and you invite someone, if they join what is the plan, what do you say to them?

And daily challenges?

I dont see any that require the help of others, other than killing players, but you can join pvp and kill players for daily challenges so I dont understand the need for another person for a daily challenge, but I miss alot and wanted to ask you about it because you can probably teach me something that I am missing.

Thanks again, give me an example of a daily challenge you would do with another person in your posse.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:20 AM, danelaw said:

Yes, players do join occasionally, most ignore it though. I send invites to low levels who are being grieved also. Posse members need to communicate via mic for efficiency. It can be as simple as mutual support for grieving/assassinations and everyone does their own thing otherwise.  

Thats great, and to reach out to a new player to help them is what I think an open world game is all about at times,  Thats really cool of you to do that.

I know as a new player I would be very apprehensive about any invites, but if someone reached out to me and said " hey I saw those players messing with you, do you want a little help dealing with them or want to get some revenge and even things up, 2 vs 2 etc.. I think that would have been great.

I too like helping new players that I run across, I play with a mic on for now on, as it can defuse things before they happen and it is good for meeting people.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:29 AM, lumper said:

Thats great, and to reach out to a new player to help them is what I think an open world game is all about at times,  Thats really cool of you to do that.

I know as a new player I would be very apprehensive about any invites, but if someone reached out to me and said " hey I saw those players messing with you, do you want a little help dealing with them or want to get some revenge and even things up, 2 vs 2 etc.. I think that would have been great.

I too like helping new players that I run across, I play with a mic on for now on, as it can defuse things before they happen and it is good for meeting people.

That's a very good idea, indeed. 

I usually have avoided posse invites after joining groups that wanted to just shoot everyone --not my style, at all. 

Wish there were groups that just wanted to fish and hunt, haha. 

34 minutes ago, Jackalope_Jill said:

I usually have avoided posse invites after joining groups that wanted to just shoot everyone --not my style, at all. 

There are.....

Make sure to check out the Posse Recruitment sub forum if you're looking to find folks to group with in the game:

https://www.rdr2.org/forums/forum/16-posse-recruitment/

48 minutes ago, Jackalope_Jill said:

There sure are, look in posse recruitment on the boards and depending on your platform there are others.

I found a cool group we do battle other groups but we have virtual parties where we get together at one of the bars and have a celebration, or we go hunting together and help out the new players in our group etc..you just have to look around and find people like you on the platform you are on, I am on xbox and I found a group that now has 60 members, we go out in multiple posse's and it is huge fun sometimes.