Well, That is me completed the Story Missions, my views of RDR2

Slayer Fan

All I can say is WOW..........

This game was well worth the wait, hard to believe that it was almost a year when Rockstar announced that the release date would be delayed till October 2018, just as well they did, what a grand job the staff at Rockstar have done with this game.

There was so much to do, I couldn't complete all the challenges, I couldn't find all the dinosaur bones, Dreamcatchers, rock carvings and so on, there was just too much to do and I was desperate to complete the story mode to find out what happens.

I think it would be safe to say that we all gasped in awe when we saw the graphics, the fine attention to detail of how a river foams when flowing from a waterfall, the sounds of the birds twittering, the gentle rustle of  leaves as the wind blows, I, when not in the mood for missions, would simply take my horse to Roanoke Valley and do a wee spot of fishing, the sounds of the waterfall was so soothing to the soul,  it's really weird at how  RDR2 was able to do this to me, distract me from the game play and put me in the mood for either fishing or hunting.

The only gripe I had with this game, it sometimes was glitchy, and buggy,  I have mentioned here in the forum how I wasn't able to get a boat in Lakay when trying to get a Legendary fish and you guys in this form were brilliant in assisting me in this game buy saying, I didn't need a boat to catch the Legendary Gar but instead,  go to the exact spot shown on a map, you guys were another reason why this game was so enjoyable to play, not once, when people asked for help, did any of you treat us like a pure diddy, you took the time to answer and offer suggestions on how to solve the problem, so I thank you all for that.

I will be replaying this game, this time, I want to become the most feared outlaw in all 5 states, I finished as a saint, next time, I want to be the son of a gun from Hell.

One last thing- Spolier Alert, I can't believe how "emotional" I got when I bid farewell to my faithful Warhorse, she was called Kanto and she stuck by me through the thick and think and I had a wee lump in my throat at that moment, it took me by surprise which was another remarkable achievement by the creators of this game.

Now I am riding off to the sunset singing the song "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi

Edited by Slayer Fan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awesome..!  And I echo your thoughts as well.

So now you just have the 100% game completion to chase down.

Oh, and I used a stolen Pinkerton horse for the last part of Chapter 6.  Still, it's really sad watching a horse die.

• Like 4

Drink it all in on the next play through bro ! So much in this living breathing world to take in ! Playing bad cowboy myself currently. I want mikas ass at the end of a rope ! Arthur will go in to the record books as most loved video game character ever !! 

• Like 4

Too bad OP rushed through the Story mode, you only get one 1st play thru, and completing the challenges, side missions, and just roaming the world is by far the best part of the game.

Everybody acknowledges the fantastic graphics but few seem to want to get lost in it, choosing rather to focus on repetitive missions, extended cut scenes, and a nonsensical story narrative. It took Bill several visits every time to drag me back to the main story. Maybe that's why so few are actually finishing the story. 

It might actually have been a better game without the main storyline. No beginning, no end and no Guarma!

0-0-8.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hammer said:

Too bad OP rushed through the Story mode, you only get one 1st play thru, and completing the challenges, side missions, and just roaming the world is by far the best part of the game.

Everybody acknowledges the fantastic graphics but few seem to want to get lost in it, choosing rather to focus on repetitive missions, extended cut scenes, and a nonsensical story narrative. It took Bill several visits every time to drag me back to the main story. Maybe that's why so few are actually finishing the story. 

It might actually have been a better game without the main storyline. No beginning, no end and no Guarma!

0-0-8.jpg

Agreed!  it took me 4 months playing 3 or 4 hours a day on average, to get to chapter 6.  by that time i had everything done that could be done without exploiting the game to get Arthur to New Austin.  I don't play for exploits or cheats, I find no fun in them.  When i was finished with everything extra i rushed through the last few missions left in chapter 6 to see the end of the story line and get into the epilogue to finish the few extras there.

I loved the graphics, the scenery, that was my favorite part, exploring and hunting and enjoying how much time they spent on the graphics. 

On 4/24/2019 at 3:42 AM, Slayer Fan said:

you guys were another reason why this game was so enjoyable to play, not once, when people asked for help, did any of you treat us like a pure diddy, you took the time to answer and offer suggestions on how to solve the problem, so I thank you all for that.

I'll 2nd that!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 2:42 AM, Slayer Fan said:

.....you guys were another reason why this game was so enjoyable to play, not once, when people asked for help, did any of you treat us like a pure diddy, you took the time to answer and offer suggestions on how to solve the problem, so I thank you all for that.

That's one reason I joined this forum.  

Folks here for the most part are welcoming, patient and considerate.  Yeah, we get the occasional individual who seems their only intent is to stir the pot but we have a great moderation team who helps keep this kind of stuff in check.  Even when folks disagree around here they tend to do it without the usual toxicity you see on some other sites.  .....perhaps a little ribbing here and there but mostly in good fun and civil.

Glad you liked the game and also glad you like the site.

9 hours ago, Hammer said:

I wouldn't say that I've rushed through the Story Mode, I've been playing it since the day it was released, just call it "Dying" to know how it ended.

I know John Marston would survive, it was brilliant at seeing how the unity within the camp got splintered and not knowing who was responsible for destroying the group with their betrayal and what would happen to Arthur.

I can still try and aim for 100% completion but I don't think it's possible due to some of the tasks like collecting certain items for your fellow gang members aren't possible for reasons known to us that know.......(Trying to hard not to spoil it for those who don't know who dies and who lives)

It's definitely worth a 2nd run through and as I said earlier, I want to be a badass next time lol

Edited by Slayer Fan

9 hours ago, Hammer said:

0-0-8.jpg

Rockstar put a lot of creepy things in RDR2, but the mission strand with Marko Dragic and his robot was just downright disturbing. Finding it sitting up there on the mountain muttering "Papa" over and over again was nothing short of terrifying. 😱

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Slayer Fan said:

I can still try and aim for 100% completion but I don't think it's possible due to some of the tasks like collecting certain items for your fellow gang members aren't possible for reasons known to us that know

that's not needed for 100% completion, just if you want the 100% trophies achievement.

100% completion list -

Missions and events
•Complete all 107 story missions
•Complete 10 Stranger mission strands
•Complete five Bounty Hunter missions
•Have 25 Chance Encounters
•Survive a Gang Ambush
•Clear out all Gang Hideouts

Collectables
•Find one point of interest and sketch it down
•Find the nine graves of your fallen comrades
•Collect a complete set of Cigarette Cards
•Finish ‘A Test of Faith’
•Finish ‘A Fisher of Fish’
•Finish ‘Duchesses and Other Animals’
•Finish ‘Geology for Beginners’
•Finish ‘A Better World, a New Friend’
•Complete a treasure hunt
•Find all 20 Dreamcatchers

Compendium
•Study 50 different animals
•Discover 10 equipment items
•Discover 10 fish species
•Discover all gangs
•Discover 10 breeds of horse
•Discover 20 different plants
•Discover 48 weapons

Player
•Reach maximum Health, Stamina, and Dead Eye
•Achieve Level 4 bonding with a horse
•Complete all challenges

Misc
•Discover 5 Shacks
•Kill 5 Legendary Animals
•Play each table game at least once
•Interact with 5 special characters
•Take a bath, you dirty git
•See a show and a live performance
•Craft a recipe in each of the six categories: meals, tonics, horse care, ammo, throwables, hunting items
•Complete a home robbery, a shop robbery, a coach robbery, and a train robbery

Edited by Kormath
  • Like 1

Wow, finding the 9 graves of my fallen comrades, I did come across 3 of them, I didn't realise that there were 9 and you can get a wee trophy for discovering them......

Guess that is me getting back on my horse then and looking for them.....