Jump to content

I Can Smell the Dying Animal !! It stinks !!


jnaron_ngc
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

It's also possible that they're hard at work on something pretty awesome and want to get it right more than "right now".

My thoughts exactly, be patient, trust R* and try not to over think it, we get it, its not ideal, but let's see what happens after the Spring update.

Personally I think the greatness will come later, I dont even think the Spring update will "complete" the game, I think it will deliver what they explained to us in Feb, but there will still be many things not done, It will be a while yet I believe, but I have faith.

 I played the Single player 3 x, once in a rush to see the whole story, then a second time, just to go see all the stuff I rushed by the first time, the third and final time, I did it so I could see everything in game as I played the story, it was amazing, and I know the people who made that game, want the online to be just as great, so try to be patient and let them finish the game.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rstar aint bothered about the rdr1 fans leaving this game. rstar are wanting the casual mainstream gamers for a quick buck. very sad but very true. rhe evidence is quite clear throughout the beta.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never paid much attention to doom & gloom predictions about most games as they usually turn out to be wrong.  Heard a lot of the same stuff about GTAO when it was struggling initially.  They lost a lot of folks in the beginning but then gained some back and much more after they started refining, adding content, etc.

I already knew folks would be turned off by the fact that they were going to release RDO as a beta while they developed the game.  While I'll admit that I thought they would be further along  by now, that was purely an assumption on my part.  I also expected that this would be a long process and R* has been very up front about that.

Personally, I know some are miffed by the actions R* has taking to help mitigate griefing but I like the direction they are going with that and I know that there is much more to come.  Spring is almost over which means the Spring Update could be arriving any time.  .....likely along with more news, more on the roadmap, etc.

I guess the way I deal with it is different than some others.  With betas, I prefer a wait and see approach.  If I get bored, I will simply will take a break as I have been for the past month.  I play other games but keep up to date on what's going on so I can revisit when an update hits that appeals to me.  If things don't pan out the way I like, then I simply delete the game and move on. Only time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lumper said:

My thoughts exactly, be patient, trust R* and try not to over think it, we get it, its not ideal, but let's see what happens after the Spring update.

Personally I think the greatness will come later, I dont even think the Spring update will "complete" the game, I think it will deliver what they explained to us in Feb, but there will still be many things not done, It will be a while yet I believe, but I have faith.

 I played the Single player 3 x, once in a rush to see the whole story, then a second time, just to go see all the stuff I rushed by the first time, the third and final time, I did it so I could see everything in game as I played the story, it was amazing, and I know the people who made that game, want the online to be just as great, so try to be patient and let them finish the game.

 

Not saying they don't need time, but they have been working on it since off and on since the release of the 1st one.  GTAO seems to be their business model.  Just curious on how long players are supposed to go blindly into the night before saying, "Hey, you know I don't think this is going to get fixed?"  Beta shouldn't be taken months or even years.  It should have been fixed and ready to go.  I have even heard players state that we didn't pay for RDO, that we only paid for RDR2 and RDO is just a freebie they through in.  I just laugh, cause you had to buy RDR2 to get that freebie.   I say don't give too much to Rockstar's generousity.  They are doing it to make money above all else.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Not saying they don't need time, but they have been working on it since off and on since the release of the 1st one.  GTAO seems to be their business model.  Just curious on how long players are supposed to go blindly into the night before saying, "Hey, you know I don't think this is going to get fixed?"  Beta shouldn't be taken months or even years.  It should have been fixed and ready to go.  I have even heard players state that we didn't pay for RDO, that we only paid for RDR2 and RDO is just a freebie they through in.  I just laugh, cause you had to buy RDR2 to get that freebie.   I say don't give too much to Rockstar's generousity.  They are doing it to make money above all else.

Fair enough, I think you have developers who care about the art, the game, its final product, etc.. and then you have board members, a secondary company in "Take 2" you have responsibilities that go way beyond the game when millions of dollars of other peoples money is on the line, similar to making a movie, so I dont condemn the entire company, I try to understand.
To your point, I agree 100% I dont know how long they expect players to hang in there, and I bet there are people within the company that are very concerned as well. but they arent the ones at the helm at this moment, I too worry about what is going on, but I know they arent going to let this game just fall apart.
Let's say they lose their audience in a big way, like literally thousands of people just stop playing the game, once they get it done, all they have to do is hype it up a bit, and just like that they will build a new audience ready to play an amazing game, so big picture thinking, it sucks it isnt done, it sucks we cant get information that would help us understand what is going on, but the game is amazing and all we can do is wait, hope for the best, and I continue to thank them for making such a great game in the first place.
I wish it were different and I really hope it comes sooner than later.
I also think about those 5 hours of cut material from the story mode and wonder if they are going to try to work some of that into the online mode with mission givers or maybe even a single player dlc, and that gets me excited all over again.
The one good thing is we have something to look forward too and thats pretty great to still have that anticipation 6 months after the game launched.
 

5 hours ago, jnaron_ngc said:

I was simply stating that the inactivity within this forum may be a reflection of fan base interest in game.

You will have a hard time finding a bigger RDR2 beta fan than me.

Yeah I agree I am sure you are on to something with that observation, I think when I was playing the single player these boards were a lot more active or at least seemed tht way, but then again a lot of information was coming out and people were making discoveries and many things were happening as everyone was actively playing the game more, now that so many have completed the single player  I bet it has slowed down somewhat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would suggest that not very many people have completed the story mode, myself included. I had read somewhere the percentage, maybe on this page, was really low for completing story mode.

Forum used to be cranking, I still meet people in game that have not heard of this site, believe or not!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jnaron_ngc said:

I would suggest that not very many people have completed the story mode, myself included. I had read somewhere the percentage, maybe on this page, was really low for completing story mode.

I'll wager there were folks like me who didn't finish it because RDO came out before they did.  I just hadn't got back around to it but I know I will eventually.  I't not because I didn't like the campaign (quite the opposite in fact).

2 hours ago, jnaron_ngc said:

Forum used to be cranking, I still meet people in game that have not heard of this site, believe or not!

Well then, spread the word my friend.  Get folks over here.  :)

I'm assuming a good portion of folks also participate over on Reddit, etc.  Personally, I prefer the caliber of folks this site tends to attract.  I think others do too which is why some of them come here.  I think if more folks discovered this site, they would too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jnaron_ngc said:

I would suggest that not very many people have completed the story mode, myself included. I had read somewhere the percentage, maybe on this page, was really low for completing story mode.

Forum used to be cranking, I still meet people in game that have not heard of this site, believe or not!

I purchased the game specifically knowing online was coming and played story mode maybe two or three hours. I had no interest in playing a single player story on rails which I considered story mode to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2019 at 3:53 AM, Netnow66 said:

 a single player story on rails which I considered story mode to be.

It's not on rails and IMHO you have really sold yourself short... Course of the game continually changes depending on Arthur's decisions and behaviors. In fact there are two wildly different endings to the story mode game. Consider the enormous complexity of the work to build a game in which for example one character has 80,000 lines of dialogue. Lines. Many novels are only 80,000 words or less. Words not lines.  Give it a chance and I believe you will find it worthy...maybe even mind-blowing😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

It's not on rails and IMHO you have really sold yourself short... Course of the game continually changes depending on Arthur's decisions and behaviors. In fact there are two wildly different endings to the story mode game. Consider the enormous complexity of the work to build a game in which for example one character has 80,000 lines of dialogue. Lines. Many novels are only 80,000 words or less. Words not lines.  Give it a chance and I believe you will find it worthy...maybe even mind-blowing😉

Two endings equals on rails to me--it's just two sets of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Red Dead Redemption 2 doesn't do what it does almost better than any other game of its type that I've played. But I've been there and done that. 

In Red Dead Redemption 2, I'm forced to play a character that thinks nothing like me and certainly looks nothing like me. As usual. I had no interest in purchasing that game.

But RDO changes all that. Choose sex. Choose race. Choose outlaw/comboy/gunslinger/hunter/fisherman, not just for part of the game but for the whole game if you wish.

That's why RDO is the game I wanted to play and it's the game that I purchased.

Now if Rockstar only makes it the game they stated it was going to be in the beginning (with updates like the upcoming offensive/defensive hopefully), I won't have any problem playing that way.

Edited by Netnow66
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Netnow66 the character looks nothing like you? If you dig around the menu there are infinite combinations of facial characteristics and you could probably make a character that looks exactly like you... I have friends who did not discover all of your menus of how to tweak all the facial characteristics. Or have a digital artist to do it... Thinks nothing like you? That's not a game I'd buy lol 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2019 at 2:23 AM, Foxtrot said:

It's also possible that they're hard at work on something pretty awesome and want to get it right more than "right now".

According to the rumors, they are.  It's called GTA6 and has nothing to do with this game.  That is just sad IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

@Netnow66 the character looks nothing like you? If you dig around the menu there are infinite combinations of facial characteristics and you could probably make a character that looks exactly like you... I have friends who did not discover all of your menus of how to tweak all the facial characteristics. Or have a digital artist to do it... Thinks nothing like you? That's not a game I'd buy lol 😉

I think you misunderstood. Here's my quote (the italics are added)--

"In Red Dead Redemption 2, I'm forced to play a character that thinks nothing like me and certainly looks nothing like me."

My point was that in Red Dead Redemption 2 (offline single player), you had to play the typical character/game on rails, while in Red Dead Online, you can play any way and even create your character any way you wish.

Simply put, I was stating that I liked the options of Red Dead Online (online multiplayer) such as personalized character creation but didn't care for the lack of options in Red Dead Redemption 2 (offline single player).


 

 

Edited by Netnow66
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

According to the rumors

If I put $1 in your hand every second, it would take 277,760 hours--over 31 and 1/2 years--to reach a billion dollars. pre-Christmas sales of rdr2 were over 1 billion dollars.

Your inference here is that Rockstar has only one development team.

Is that what you mean? Is that what you think? 🙄😂 I don't think they have to stop anything to work on something else. IMHO

Edited by Major Dammidge
Misspell
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...