Story missions

lumper

So when I first started playing online I did the story missions, there were a total of 6 of them.

Then a friend of mine told me about a 7th, so I joined an invite he sent me since I had no menu for it and couldnt see it anywhere that I could have started another story mission, But my completion says 75% complete so I am missing something,

We played a mission I never saw before, and I dont understand why that is, why wasnt it available to me in my own menus?

I know to ask Rockstar about this but I wanted to ask players too if they had a similar experience,

Even now in my menu screen it says 75% complete story missions, I have done 7 but it only shows 6 completed, so I am going to go back and do it again, the new one I had never seen until the other day was where you go to Fort Wallace I think it is, and have to blow up some explosives and stuff.

Actually I dont even know if I can re do it as I dont think it is in my menu listed anywhere

Previously I had played the one with armor and you go after the guy in Fort Mercer, after that I never got another mission que for another one, so I thought I was done, where did you guys get the mission Que the yellow tab on screen that shows you the mission giver location or whatever you use to join these?

1 hour ago, lumper said:

So when I first started playing online I did the story missions, there were a total of 6 of them.

Then a friend of mine told me about a 7th, so I joined an invite he sent me since I had no menu for it and couldnt see it anywhere that I could have started another story mission, But my completion says 75% complete so I am missing something,

We played a mission I never saw before, and I dont understand why that is, why wasnt it available to me in my own menus?

I know to ask Rockstar about this but I wanted to ask players too if they had a similar experience,

Even now in my menu screen it says 75% complete story missions, I have done 7 but it only shows 6 completed, so I am going to go back and do it again, the new one I had never seen until the other day was where you go to Fort Wallace I think it is, and have to blow up some explosives and stuff.

Actually I dont even know if I can re do it as I dont think it is in my menu listed anywhere

Previously I had played the one with armor and you go after the guy in Fort Mercer, after that I never got another mission que for another one, so I thought I was done, where did you guys get the mission Que the yellow tab on screen that shows you the mission giver location or whatever you use to join these?

hey lumper , theres an mission that will appear at the stable south of emerald ranch if you are full Dishonorable  ( go see old man jones cost 3 gold to reset ) it a mission on a train Tarr tarr and kerosene

there are two additional story mode missions... one available at 75% dishonorable and one at 75% honorable

getting to 100% honor is easy enough by hunting and skinning

I didn't feel like spending 3 gold bars to become dishonorable... go to van horm... at the end of the pier, at the building the fence is located, take cover behind the building so that your back is to the water and start killing npc's making sure not to kill the witnesses... eventually the law will start coming at you in waves... in between waves, loot the dead lawmen and npc's... sometimes you will lose your wanted level because you've killed off all of the lawmen... pop some more npc's to get the law after you again... I continue until 100% dishonor

you save the 3 gold bars, get xp for the kills, get money and items from looting plus the dishonor

to be honest, I haven't done this since the bounty system was implemented so I'm not sure what effect that may have

3 hours ago, pluck3 said:

hey lumper , theres an mission that will appear at the stable south of emerald ranch if you are full Dishonorable  ( go see old man jones cost 3 gold to reset ) it a mission on a train Tarr tarr and kerosene

Thanks, I did not know that, I play at high honor so it never came up.

Please keep reading below the next post also.

1 hour ago, nshanny73 said:

there are two additional story mode missions... one available at 75% dishonorable and one at 75% honorable

getting to 100% honor is easy enough by hunting and skinning

I didn't feel like spending 3 gold bars to become dishonorable... go to van horm... at the end of the pier, at the building the fence is located, take cover behind the building so that your back is to the water and start killing npc's making sure not to kill the witnesses... eventually the law will start coming at you in waves... in between waves, loot the dead lawmen and npc's... sometimes you will lose your wanted level because you've killed off all of the lawmen... pop some more npc's to get the law after you again... I continue until 100% dishonor

you save the 3 gold bars, get xp for the kills, get money and items from looting plus the dishonor

to be honest, I haven't done this since the bounty system was implemented so I'm not sure what effect that may have

Ok, good idea, so the only way to get it is low honor?

Maybe you can help me with this question too then please,

In my story missions I am 87% comlete, I look in there and I have 7 story missions, BUT one of them, "More than one way to earn a buck" wont let me replay it, and I only played it once.

It says"complete this story mission in flow" 

All the others say "select replay to start matchmaking or this story mission" but not that one mission and that is the one I never found on my own, a friend invited me to it, I hadnt found a way to make it appear at all, I didnt even know about it.

How can I get to the point where I can replay or play that mission?

Thanks for your tips and information, I would be thankful if you can help me figure this out.

PLEASE KEEP READING BELOW

Edited by lumper

Ok, so check it out, this is a list of story missions in my game.

in this order.

.01) Love and honor

.02) The Right side of the tracks

.03) Where your morals lead you

.04) Highly illegal and highly moral

.05) More than one way to earn a buck (wont let me replay it, says "complete this story mission in flow"

.06) Kill them, each and every one

And that is all I have.

NOW, I just read an article that showed another list, compare this list to mine or yours.

• Highly Illegal and Highly Immoral
  • Honor Among Horse Thieves
  • If the Hat Fits…
  • Kerosene, Tar, and Greed
  • Kill Them, Each and Every One
  • Love and Honor
  • More Than One Way to Earn a Buck
  • The Right Side of the Tracks
  • Where Your Morals Lead You

As you can see there are 9 listed, I only have 7 and 6 I can replay, AND Ion this list I dont see my #4 Highly illegal and highly moral so thats 10 different missions I can see all together, 6 of which appeared for me in my game, 1 I was invited to join a friend, and 3 others I have never heard of until today when one other poster told me about the Kerosene and Tar one if you have low honor.

So what is up with these?

Do you have others not listed here?

Are you missing any of these?

How can I make the 7th one appear again or #8, #9, or #10?

Thanks for any tips..

UPDATE:

I went searching and on IGN's site and their site was the only one I could find this on, they had a paragraph between the walkthrough's that cleared it all up./

It says:

"This mission is only available to players on the lower end of the Honor spectrum. If your Honor is too high to obtain the mission, head to a populated area and open fire on civilians, steal horses, kill animals, or perform other dishonorable acts until the mission appears on the map. You can also visit Mr. Jones and spend Gold Bars to change your current Honor standing."  

Ok, so you have to lower your honor if you are like me and play with high honor, and then the missions will appear, this is why I say games need to come with manuals like they used too, so you dont have to have internet access to figure this stuff out.

Now it makes sense to me why you have these stations around the map to raise or lower your honor, I thought it was just for new players who made a mistake and got to be a red blip and then decided to go back to blue and play passively, But I see now, it actually has an important role to play so no matter your honor rating you can play the story, it will cost you 6 gold bars to change and then change back and I dont even have them, so for me Ill wait until I get more bored and decide to take the advice of others and go to Van Horn and rack up bounty and lower my honor., and then grind back to get my blue honor blip back, lol.

Thanks for all the help, I hope this helps others who might not even know about these missions, I had  no idea and I wondered why my game said I was 75% complete yet there were no more missions to play.

Edited by lumper

14 hours ago, pluck3 said:

some mission happear only if you are dishonorable , some only if you are max honor / mid honor 

Yep, there are 3 or 4 that you can only do with low honor, I did not know this, but a little investigating showed me the way.

That kind of stinks, I mean they could have at least put a note in my online window telling me to complete the story you must lower your honor or something, what about players who never have low honor, they wouldn't have figured this out either, unless someone else showed them.

It never occurred to me that there were more missions, I had a 75% complete in there, but I never thought twice about it until a friend asked me what my % was, then it hit me, ooohhhhh DOH!

Anyway Im glad I was able to figure this out,  I did story missions while I was new, level 5 to 14, now I am level 80 and finding out I still haven't completed the story was a little distressing but made me happy to find I still have new content I havent seen, I just dont want to lower my honor so I dont know when I will get to see them.
Maybe once I am over stocked on gold so I can do it quickly, first though, my list is, buy the $700 tent, get to lvl 95 and load up on pamphlets for explosive ammo, dress up my guns with brass, gold, and various metal combo's, get the saddle from the "Special saddle" list, then maybe, as I cant think of anything else I would like to change or get, so.. in a few weeks I will have all that and then rather then spend gold and cash as it comes in I will let it build up, so I can jump in, do the 3 or 4 missions, then change it back, Id like to do this before the Spring update hits.

When I see players over level 100 and they have thousands of dollars and dozens of gold bars, I think, soon, very soon.

Edited by lumper

Unfortunately for me, Kerosene, Tar, and Greed, More Than One Way to Earn a Buck and  Kill Them, Each and Every One are the best missions in the game. I've only been able to play "Kill Them Each..." for the longest time now, even when I select quick roam missions. I can select "Kill Them All..." from my list of completed missions.

As much as I really don't want to, I think I will have to take nshanny73's advice.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:05 PM, lumper said:

When I see players over level 100 and they have thousands of dollars and dozens of gold bars, I think, soon, very soon. 

Well it depends....    Im currently lvl 118 and still grinding for cash. 

- I have 2 horses MFT and ARABIAN with special saddles

-have 15 tier 3 ability cards (making my final 16th card today) - maybe ill do one more to complete my set

-Weapons maxed out and customized (lancaster, dual schofileds, bolt action, springfield, dual sawed offs, special shotgun, semi-automatic shotgun, Varmint rifle, Reapeter shotgun)

- only one camp upgrade

- a few cosmetic items (im not really into it but i try to make my character look as close as possible to Wild Bill Hickok.

What i still need :

- One more aility card

- One more horse

- dual pistols

- a couple of recipes

- Some outfits

- Full camp upgrade

So im guessing another 8-9 k $ and  then i can say i have nothing else to spend for until the major update hits.  I thnk ill be around 130-135 when i get them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

I spent about 2 months just thinking that the "75%" was a bug (the game was in beta then, after all 😜), until I found out about the low honour missions. 

I am with you buddy, it took em 4 months to figure that out.

4 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Well it depends....    Im currently lvl 118 and still grinding for cash. 

- I have 2 horses MFT and ARABIAN with special saddles

-have 15 tier 3 ability cards (making my final 16th card today) - maybe ill do one more to complete my set

-Weapons maxed out and customized (lancaster, dual schofileds, bolt action, springfield, dual sawed offs, special shotgun, semi-automatic shotgun, Varmint rifle, Reapeter shotgun)

- only one camp upgrade

- a few cosmetic items (im not really into it but i try to make my character look as close as possible to Wild Bill Hickok.

What i still need :

- One more aility card

- One more horse

- dual pistols

- a couple of recipes

- Some outfits

- Full camp upgrade

So im guessing another 8-9 k $ and  then i can say i have nothing else to spend for until the major update hits.  I thnk ill be around 130-135 when i get them. 

WoW, 16 Ability cards maxed out?

I thought I was doing well, at level 82 I have 6 cards I think, at tier 3, but 16? damn you did some grinding for sure.

• Like 1

Awww, dammit --Like Lumper, I'm always high honor. Buuut I want to play those missions 😧

How long does it take to get back to high honor if you lower it dramatically? Obviously it depends on game-time --I'm just curious of an estimate. 

2 hours ago, Jackalope_Jill said:

Awww, dammit --Like Lumper, I'm always high honor. Buuut I want to play those missions 😧

How long does it take to get back to high honor if you lower it dramatically? Obviously it depends on game-time --I'm just curious of an estimate. 

For me, it takes a few hours of hunting / skinning to get my honor back.  I used to kill npcs for fun and XP and absolutely destroyed any honor I had a couple times.  It probably took me about two sessions to fully restore it.  

You also have the option to pay gold to have it restored but to be honest, it's not worth it especially if you're going to be grinding away to make money (doing honorable things) anyhow,  

35 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

For me, it takes a few hours of hunting / skinning to get my honor back.  I used to kill npcs for fun and XP and absolutely destroyed any honor I had a couple times.  It probably took me about two sessions to fully restore it.  

You also have the option to pay gold to have it restored but to be honest, it's not worth it especially if you're going to be grinding away to make money (doing honorable things) anyhow,  

Nice, so it doesn't seem that bad to restore honor --I usually only do hunting and fishing for several sessions at a time, and nothing else, lol. 

Yeah, I never found paying in gold to have it restored, worth it. I'm lvl 90, and most of it was done by hunting, fishing. 

• Like 1

Honor really doesn't mean anything really. I never sweat it. You tank it to get the 2 missions and it will come back if you just feed your horse, hunt, etc. Some people get obsessed with high honor but I personally never even check what mine is . Not like you get a bonus or anything for having high honor in online. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Honor really doesn't mean anything really. I never sweat it. You tank it to get the 2 missions and it will come back if you just feed your horse, hunt, etc. Some people get obsessed with high honor but I personally never even check what mine is . Not like you get a bonus or anything for having high honor in online. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. I suppose it's the principle of it and I guess that's how R* and other honor-driven games try to reduce griefeing --by adding some psychological element to the game. 

Yeah, you're right, you definitely don't get any bonuses for having high honor --maybe a badge or something. I suppose for some players it's hard to be bad because some people tend to project themselves onto the game and wouldn't be bad IRL ^_^

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Isn't the economy / prices still affected in online based on honor level?

I don't think so, although I think it should be, like story mode.

I would go so far as to wish for certain 'respectable' establishments to refuse to serve low honour people at all, and require them to use stores and post offices in particular 'disreputable' locations. That might also provide more incentive for the black hats and white hats to group together. 

Say, for example, below a certain reputation the general store, gunsmith and post office in Valentine won't serve you and you need to go elsewhere to buy your ammo.  Rhodes will serve you, but at an inflated price, and Strawberry folk don't care whether you just killed their mothers.

It would all add to a more 'alive' feeling world, with minimum coding difficulty.

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Isn't the economy / prices still affected in online based on honor level?

Not in online. So basically the only point of having good/bad honor is to get 100% on the Story Missions. Otherwise it doesn't serve a purpose. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Not in online. So basically the only point of having good/bad honor is to get 100% on the Story Missions. Otherwise it doesn't serve a purpose. 

....and the stranger/side missions you get change a bit too, right?

15 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

....and the stranger/side missions you get change a bit too, right?

I think its the other way around - the stranger missions you accept affect your honour, rather than your honour affecting what stranger missions you can take.

E.g. I am max honour, but Joe, or the old lady, or Langton will still send me off to do murdering and kidnapping quite happily - it just gives me a little bit of the 'red hat'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

I think its the other way around - the stranger missions you accept affect your honour, rather than your honour affecting what stranger missions you can take.

E.g. I am max honour, but Joe, or the old lady, or Langton will still send me off to do murdering and kidnapping quite happily - it just gives me a little bit of the 'red hat'.

Correct. So honor doesn't even effect what missions are available .  You can have max honor and go steal horses from Bonnie , where the next mission has you  help retrieve a wagon for her.  Pretty comical actually. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 1