Bretone

narmin

16 hours ago, llp said:

Nice horse. I've maxed out the trader participated in the others but have yet to purchase any new horses. Still riding the Turk, hows that one preform? I dig using the buffalo mask on that hose!

The level 20 horses in each role are great!!

The trader level 20 is my favorite so far but I havent yet reached level 20 bounty hunter and so I havent gotten the level 20 Breton.
The Breton at level 20 when bonded to level 4 is one of the best horses in the game for temperament and attitude, the Kladruber is a close second.

As far as not bucking you because of a snake, gator wolf or bear that is.

I cant wait to get a level 20 Breton and compare them.

The Kladruber is the tallest of the new horses, it is the only one with 100 health and stamina and it is the only horse to have more acceleration than speed.
The Breton is a little smaller, and has a better temperament I am told, if so that makes it a great horse for hunting and doing missions that require a gun fight.

The Ciolli or whatever it is is the fastest of the bunch but also the smallest, i prefer a taller horse, both for seeing better while riding and just how it looks.

Everyone has their own opinion of what they like in horses, each of thee has something good about it.

On 9/22/2019 at 3:31 AM, narmin said:

it will take me a long time until i get Bountyhunter 20. that's why i picked up the simple one for 150 dollars. i am supriset - he's fantastic. and that for 150 Dollars ... 

bretone.jpg

I think the only difference from the $950.00 version are the health, stamina, and speed/acceleration specs.

But otherwise this is the best horse for temperament in the game, best around gun fights, snakes, bears, cougars, wolves, and gators.

I can get the $550 one now, but I am going to wait.

I love the Kladruber but I cant wait to try the Breton just for his behavior in those situations.

I hit level 20 on both collector and trader very early on, the first 6 days after the update, but I just hit level 11 with the bounty hunter, so I am planning to have a couple days in a row this week where I focus on bounties to get there.

• Like 1

@Springer

I own them all.

The best Bretons in relation to the price are the $ 150 - great ...

The Breton 20 is better, but the Breton for $ 150 is very good. You should not buy the Breton for $ 550 ...

All beginners should buy a Breton for $ 150 ... is very good - yes @ Springer

Edited by Kean_1
translated for you

Impressed with the Breton ($950 one) so far and I think I’m only lvl 2 bonding with it. No problems with the wolves doing 4* legendary Bounty and when I happened upon a cougar the horse acted like it was just a jackrabbit. Speed and handling are obviously a big shift from the Arabian but I can live with that.

I'm considering picking up a Bretone at some point, I've max'd out the Trader & Collector (didn't bother with getting a Criollo, they look so similar to the Arabian and I already have the Black Arabian) and am now at Level 7 Bounty Hunter... I made the mistake to try bounty hunting with my Black Arabian, he's utterly useless, he runs at the slightest sound of gunfire - I thought I'd trained him well, he handled ambushes rather nicely at level 4 bonding, but bounty hunting REALLY isn't his thing, it seems. The Kladruber did fine but he's a little too slow for my taste, especially for the "find the target" missions where you have to travel half across the map sometimes, it takes AGES with the Kladruber. So I tried my Turkoman, and there we go, perfect horse for bounty hunting. But the Bretone seems kinda cute, I sumbled across one in front of the Valentine Gunsmith today and it looked like a little stomping bulldozer - I loved that, haha. My only gripe is that the early level Bretones don't come in any coat variation I like... ah, decisions, decisions.

7 hours ago, MrPicard said:

ich habe heute vor dem Valentine Gunsmith einen gefunden und es sah aus wie ein kleiner Bulldozer - das hat mir sehr gut gefallen, haha. Meine einzige Beschwerde ist, dass die frühen Bretonen keine Fellvarianten haben, die ich mag ... ah, Entscheidungen, Entscheidungen.

for 150 Dollars you can't do anything wrong - a must have ...

9 hours ago, narmin said:

for 150 Dollars you can't do anything wrong - a must have ...

Yeah I've been thinking the same, the low-level ones are cheap enough and they give a good indication of what the higher level ones are like and if I like what I see I can still always decide to buy the dark gray level 20 Bounty Hunter one later. (I like dark horses for the most part.)

40 minutes ago, narmin said:

this is Ralf - 150 Dollar ... do you treat an Naco Saddle and you will be amazed ...

ralf.thumb.jpg.6a1057f0fad0bb9aafa38838c8df7e4e.jpg

I've now bought a Bretone and I'm not that impressed so far - it runs away from gunfire, unlike my Turkoman... it's not as bad as it is with my Black Arabian but... ah well. Maybe it'll get better with more bonding, could all be my fault for trying to do a Bounty with only Level 1 bonding. I do like the riding performance tho - it's a fast little powerhouse horse, I like that. (I do have the Naco saddle, yes. Oh and btw I'm German, too. Heh.)

2 hours ago, MrPicard said:

I've now bought a Bretone and I'm not that impressed so far - it runs away from gunfire, unlike my Turkoman... it's not as bad as it is with my Black Arabian but... ah well. Maybe it'll get better with more bonding, could all be my fault for trying to do a Bounty with only Level 1 bonding. I do like the riding performance tho - it's a fast little powerhouse horse, I like that. (I do have the Naco saddle, yes. Oh and btw I'm German, too. Heh.)

ok, all of them are under direct fire ... and I have all the top horses. I am excited about the Bretons. Have all: Two 20, a $ 550 and Ralf for $ 150. All great. and that's Bill, the blackbrown for $ 550, also very pretty and good

bill.thumb.jpg.1a90343640fbfdf733f88b0d1ccd5382.jpg

Edited by Kean_1
translated

Vor 3 Stunden sagte Kean_1:

@narmin,  

Zum Nutzen aller, die diesen Themen folgen, kann es hilfreich sein, Ihre Posts zu übersetzen, wie es für Sie getan hat. Ich weiß es zu schätzen, danke.

Es tut uns leid ...

Bretone Gen: you have to ride a Bretone for a whole day ... and you start to love him ... 

Edited by narmin

So, when I posted I didnt have the level 20 Breton, now I do.

This horse is great.

I love the Kladruber, but wanted a most stable temperament, and although the breton is better and faster I did get bucked off around 4 wolves so it isnt perfect.

The Kladrubers have a better look I think, taller anyway, but the Breton  is my new go to for bounties and most things really.

The handling is noticeably better than the kladruber and faster.

I even like the look of the darker dapple, it looks very similar to my Kladruber, kind of a blue hue.

I did buy level 1 Kladrubers for the all white and black coats, but all others were level 20 the Criollo and Breton are both level 20, the Criollo is faster and all that but I dont love the look or the size.

• Like 1

The only way to really tell what these horse equate to is to try them, after a week or two with my level 20 Breton bonded to level 4, I love this horse.

I wish it were taller, but it is everything else.

I dont even use my Criollo, speed doesnt make it for me, the Trotter and Breton are fast enough and the Breton handles like a dream to me.

I loved the Kladrubers, they have a look I really like, but the Breton has proven itself to me over and over day after day, it is a beast.

The "best" is subjective, to me the best is a well rounded horse, fast, but sturdy, not scared, stands his ground, but most importantly doesnt run away in a pinch and not return, this horse is alwasy nearby when I need him.

I was thinking about this this morning when I took out my Klad, then my Breton, I just love this Breton best over all.

In a race Ill grab the Criollo, but I dont race lol so....... its just sitting there,.

I wish we could sell other players or horses, I would sell mine for $500to a new player looking for a fast small horse.

I think I have over $20,000.00 in horses at this point.

4 Kladrubers, 2 Trotters, 2 Bretons, a Criollo nad a Turk, the $750.00 for each stable space, plus the $125.00 for insurance, plus the cost of the horse and although I dont have a saddle for each horse, I share a couple, I do have 10 or 12 saddles, mostly expensive ones, ,I am easily over $20k in my stable not counting my vehicles.

Edited by lumper

On 10/3/2019 at 6:32 AM, The Blue Hare said:

@lumper I found this and thought it might help other players

Compare.jpg

Most important stat in there is Stamina, and the higher the better, I am running anywhere I want at top speed and never dropping down 20% stamina, you go til it starts to drop, tap R stick and back to 100% I love this horse, "Breton" 
If the Criollo was taller I might use it but it is just too small for my taste.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:08 PM, lumper said:

,I love this horse. The Breton handles like a dream to me....the Breton has proven itself, fast, but sturdy, not scared, stands his ground....doesnt run away in a pinch and not return, this horse is alwasy nearby when I need him.

Ex-----actly. If I could equate this to an automobile, it's like a big old Buick or Oldsmobile from yesteryear, 3500 lbs with a 455 cubic inch engine... A big steel beast with a big motor which puts out all the power you need and want yet you can steer it with one finger with a rides as smooth as glass. Even if you don't remember those old days and landyachts, I think you catch my drift. That's my Gambarro--Spanish for thug, hooligan, ruffian. 

Still havent tried the "new horses"   mostly bcoz i was thinking (and still do ) that the MFT is the fastest horse in game. True sometimes it can get freaked out on 4 wolves when im taking too long to kill em. Or when very close range to a Croc. 

Are the Breton horses really that great?      I have 2 x MFT and dont want/need other horses. Hmm Maybe ill try the Breton just to see what its all about.  

For me its all about speed.