Wild Horses

LordOdin61

Yeah... I’ve managed to avoid spending money on horses so far with the PS4 freebies... I mean, part of me wants to experiment with other horses, but as soon as I get some cash in my pocket I tend to spend it like a drunken sailor on shore leave...

On 11/9/2019 at 3:50 AM, LordOdin61 said:

Looking at getting another horse and wondered if I can get them in RDO like in story mode, catching the wild ones, or does that not work online.

Thanks For Reading

Odin

Immersion takes a back seat for R* when it comes to online.

Just like GTA O, you can't steal and keep expensive cars.  Because in a game called grand theft auto.. its really about buying it with money.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Liquor said:

Yeah... I’ve managed to avoid spending money on horses so far with the PS4 freebies... I mean, part of me wants to experiment with other horses, but as soon as I get some cash in my pocket I tend to spend it like a drunken sailor on shore leave...

Same here.  

Horses in RDO are not the same as cars in GTAO in regard to their impact IMO.  ......once you get to a certain level of quality. 

I still use the Chestnut Arabian I got for free with the PS4 exclusive deal.  I always have the intention of buying a new horse but it just never happens when I get online.  .....I either end up forgetting about or just not wanting to bother.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:26 AM, LordOdin61 said:

Thanks for the replies, thought it might be a way for me to save some cash. I bought an Arabian yesterday and it seems ok for now, I really want the Missouri Foxtrotter but price is out of my range for now.

Odin

I like the thoroughbreds for IIRC not a lot of money, use them as my main horse now and I have been playing a while, have plenty of cash.  I expect that taming horses will become a thing with future updates/careers, but the trouble is from a developer point of view I guess they want/need to keep us spending money in game.  If we don't need to buy horses that's a big repeat expense gone (I can't be alone in having bought everything for my Camp already, and having all the weapons I want, so horses and the odd new outfit are the only big ticket items I buy now).

I imagine the horses you will be able to tame aren't generally going to be particularly good performers.  Most of the wild horses I've seen have been things like Morgans and Kentucky Saddlers, i.e. beginner level horses.  Perfectly good to capture, tame and sell for a few dollars, but not likely to become your new ride.

If there is a new horse related role at some point (let's hope) that might give you the opportunity to track and tame better quality horses, in a similar vein to legendary bounties.

• Like 1

This is mybe the most pathetic side of the game as it is now.  You can shot any animal and sell it, pick and sell vegetables, catch fish or steal valuables. But if you catch and tame a wild horse it`s not worth a penny. 

2 hours ago, Tom Dooley said:

This is mybe the most pathetic side of the game as it is now.  You can shot any animal and sell it, pick and sell vegetables, catch fish or steal valuables. But if you catch and tame a wild horse it`s not worth a penny. 

I seem to recall in RDR1 I’d ride a horse into the ground, kill it, skin it than steal another to continue on my journey. Sometimes if my horse did something to annoy me I’d shoot it in the back of the head while riding it (it’s been years, I seem to remember wing able to shoot the horse while riding it though). The skins and meat were worth a little bit at the store...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I seem to recall in RDR1 I’d ride a horse into the ground, kill it, skin it than steal another to continue on my journey. Sometimes if my horse did something to annoy me I’d shoot it in the back of the head while riding it (it’s been years, I seem to remember wing able to shoot the horse while riding it though). The skins and meat were worth a little bit at the store...

That's cold, man.😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harlock1796 said:

That's cold, man.😱

Well, John is a bit of a di*k... And he was on a mission to hunt down and kill his old friends. He didn’t have time to be Mr. Nice to a stolen horse... Or the guy riding the next one...

• Like 1