Red Dead Online Experience

JohnDew

Hi everyone. Im here to share how me and my friends are feeling when we play FREE ROAM ONLINE as it says when u join in FREE << ROAM <<¬†ūü§Ē

I will make it real simple. 

1. I want to make a camp. Sure, but sorry we (Rockstar) decides where you should put your camp. How is this a nice way of doing it? We are Outlaws and we want to make a camp. And we make a camp 5m from a damn road? Really? Not only that the set up camp is broken from L-MENU. So you haft to do it by clicking TAB-set camp and then where and it works. 

2. POSSE as they calling it. You create a POSSE and you BUY a POSSE for 200$!!! And you think nice now we have a gang. No. Everytime someone joins your session or you invite them, you haft to invite them to your POSSE again even tho you did it 100times before. And not only that, you make a gang and a camp witch (Rockstar) decides where my camp should be. Your members cant even share money with you as a thank you for buying a posse for 200$. Or to upgrade the camp. No. . . nono. You haft to farm all that fk $ and upgrade the camp witch will take prox 2-5 weeks? If you play at least 5 hours a day. And that is just the camp. As (Rockstar) thinks everybody dont have a job so we have time for it right? But hey! You dont haft to play 5 hour + each day>>>>>¬†Buy GOLD!¬†ūüėī

3. TRADER (YEAAYY) When you are out of¬†supplies you need to do a mission! He ONLY TELLS YOU ABOUT THE MISSION but hey no direactions or what you really need to do. No lets make a big clue about it so you haft to buy the supplies. And that will take you what 3hours to wait??? My lord kill me.¬†ūüėĪ

4. Funny fact we all know you can have 1 deer on your horse and drag ¬†1 by¬†lasso. But birds? Well you can hang one on your horse but not 2 noooppee sorry birds are to heavy my friend. They probably weighs 200kg each right?¬†ūü§™

5. We all know its $$$$$$ yes. Like i said before prices are good right? Well if you want to hunt, and have cool experience just hunt with your lasso or rifle you have. Because a bow costs 130$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah that seems legit. Cool. End of story right? 

To end all of this, i dont need to keep going. Its pretty clear, that you need no life with no job but¬†if you are¬†a youtube content guy/girl that has gaming as a your job. Well this game is for you.¬†ūüėÉ

Game looks amazing in so many ways. Sad to say tho, im not playing a single min more on ONLINE. They really ****ed it up 10x times. 

Who is hyped for RedM? Legit prices and legit payments for jobs? Word.

Peace out love no hate on the game.¬†ūüėā

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harlock1796 said:

@JohnDew - If you feel like this now, you would have LOVED the Beta!ūüėĪ

Haha, its a shame. Such great game. And they kill the exp about it. The prices at shops are there for a reason. To force people to buy gold. Simple any long time gamer as my self understands this. Cant wait to RedM. Then and only then the game will be used to full potential. 

• Like 1

I don't think you're giving it a chance.

I have a proper job, a family, a dog to walk, other time consuming hobbies, and I currently have everything I want and need in game, plus RDO$3,500 and 220 gold bars in the bank, and I must have spent another $3,000 on stuff I never use.

I did buy the opening offer of half price gold bars, but I never really needed them.

You only need to buy gold if you want EVERYTHING! NOW!  Otherwise, it all comes in good time.  Do some daily challenges to scrape together 15 gold (should be able to do that in 10 days, if you try), buy either collector or trader role, and the $$$s start rolling in.

Edited by Harlock1796
typo - 220, not 22 GB
  • Like 3

As @Harlock1796 said above, give it a chance as it really doesn't need to be full time to pay.  I have four kids and two jobs, my wife has a career job, too, we're a very busy household.  I bought the half price initial gold, bought the trader role, a few weeks later I'm rich and I play Saturday mornings and several evenings a week (but not for that long, generally - one long session but the others are just an hour or less while my wife does the kids' bedtime.   Both Trader and Collector rake in a fortune.  And with Collector you rank up very quickly so get to most of the unlocks, if you're in a hurry.  It rewards patience (like anything worthwhile), but does not need massive numbers of hours invested to get somewhere.  But then, I didn't try to run a permanent posse in my first week.

• Like 2

Since the roles update, money isn't an issue. If you're new and can't afford a role, then money may be tight while you save up for it, doing low paying stranger missions.  But that's just paying your dues, and earning your way up. I've never bought gold, and never will. But...I paid my dues, sucked it up and earned my way up, now I have more money than I can spend.

If you're worried about a $20 Cripps resupply (10 minutes fyi) then you're doing it wrong. 

Posse:  if people have been in your posse before they can rejoin anytime you have it formed. Unless YOU have too many already, or THEY are affiliated with too many.  

If someone has more than you, OR is better than you, that means they have no life, and no job.  Wow, learned something new today.  

Edited by Freakshow9191
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnDew said:

Hi everyone. Im here to share how me and my friends are feeling when we play FREE ROAM ONLINE as it says when u join in FREE << ROAM <<¬†ūü§Ē

I will make it real simple. 

1. I want to make a camp. Sure, but sorry we (Rockstar) decides where you should put your camp. How is this a nice way of doing it? We are Outlaws and we want to make a camp. And we make a camp 5m from a damn road? Really? Not only that the set up camp is broken from L-MENU. So you haft to do it by clicking TAB-set camp and then where and it works. 

The camp placement in online is based on session population, where everyone else is camped, the state / region you choose, etc.  You're right that R* does not allow players to set up camp in precise points that they want but you can choose the region / area.  

If you feel something is broken or not working as it is supposed to (like the menu you mentioned), I would suggest opening a ticket with R* Support:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.10373878.2106320704.1573495548-1472527368.1573495548

If you believe you have ideas that can make the game better, I would also suggest submitting your feedback directly to R* here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?step=decd9bdb

2. POSSE as they calling it. You create a POSSE and you BUY a POSSE for 200$!!! And you think nice now we have a gang. No. Everytime someone joins your session or you invite them, you haft to invite them to your POSSE again even tho you did it 100times before.  

Actually, posses of 1-4 players are free to create and join at any time.  Persistent posses however are the ones that cost $200 but will allow up to 7 players to join together.  There are also some other benefits as well.  Friends can also rejoin posses without having to be invited as @Freakshow9191 mentioned.  I just did it the other night with my friends persistent posse.  In either case, it doesn't take much to send out invites in a regular posse.  

And not only that, you make a gang and a camp witch (Rockstar) decides where my camp should be.

Again, you can still choose the state / region you want the camp in but yeah, you can't choose exact locations likely for balance, mitigating griefing / advantages, etc. 

Your members cant even share money with you as a thank you for buying a posse for 200$. Or to upgrade the camp. No. . . nono. You haft to farm all that fk $ and upgrade the camp witch will take prox 2-5 weeks? If you play at least 5 hours a day. And that is just the camp. As (Rockstar) thinks everybody dont have a job so we have time for it right? But hey! You dont haft to play 5 hour + each day>>>>>¬†Buy GOLD!¬†ūüėī

I believe part of the reason R* doesn't allow sharing of in-game cash and certain other items between players is to help stem illicit activity like selling such things with real world money, hacking / cheating, etc.  You can't exchange money in GTAO either.  However, your friends can participate in missions with you and share in the reward / payments.    

btw, If you're have to play weeks at a time for 5+ hours a day to make $200, you're doing it wrong.  

3. TRADER (YEAAYY) When you are out of¬†supplies you need to do a mission! He ONLY TELLS YOU ABOUT THE MISSION but hey no direactions or what you really need to do. No lets make a big clue about it so you haft to buy the supplies. And that will take you what 3hours to wait??? My lord kill me.¬†ūüėĪ

I know you're new, but you are now a member of this community.  Go ahead and take advantage of that.  Read the threads or better yet, create your own and ask the questions you might have about things you don't know or don't understand in the game.  There are plenty of people here to help give you answers, direction and advice.  

4. Funny fact we all know you can have 1 deer on your horse and drag ¬†1 by¬†lasso. But birds? Well you can hang one on your horse but not 2 noooppee sorry birds are to heavy my friend. They probably weighs 200kg each right?¬†ūü§™

You can have one complete carcass of a larger animal like a deer on your horse, yes.  .....but you're wrong about birds.  You can carry two larger birds or smaller animals, snakes, etc. not just one.  You can attach them on either side of your horse.  Small birds/animals are stored in your satchel along with feathers, meat, etc.

Again, ask around.  There are a lot of knowledgeable folks around here who can help you maximize your profits on hunting trips.

5. We all know its $$$$$$ yes. Like i said before prices are good right? Well if you want to hunt, and have cool experience just hunt with your lasso or rifle you have. Because a bow costs 130$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah that seems legit. Cool. End of story right? 

IMO / IME, the economy is hardly as bad as you are making it out to be.  Of course you won't be able to buy everything right away, you need to be realistic about it.  That is how the game is played and how the experience is supposed to be.  IMO, things are a little too accessible in RDO at times.   I'm about lvl 80 and have around $4,000 and 30+ GB IIRC.  I really have nothing else I want to buy right now and haven't for a very long time.  I have all the weapons I need/want, they are all upgraded and now it's just about horses (if I take that route), clothing and ability cards which I typically don't bother with much now. 

It's been this way for me for many months in regard to not really having to worry about finances.  In the beginning, it's all about leveling up to help unlock certain items, weapons, etc.  Along the way while leveling up, you are making money just playing the story missions, side missions, by hunting and doing other activities.  IME, if you don't want to grind for money, just concentrate on the missions and other activities that interest you.  Believe me, the money will follow.  I simply don't pay much attention to what pays the most but just enjoy the game as we play missions and enjoy other activities together. 

To end all of this, i dont need to keep going. Its pretty clear, that you need no life with no job but¬†if you are¬†a youtube content guy/girl that has gaming as a your job. Well this game is for you.¬†ūüėÉ

I get that you're having trouble understanding how the game works, but to suggest others here "have no life" simply because they are more successful at it than you is a little silly don't you think?   We all have lives but also enjoy games like RDR2 / RDO.  This is a fan site and why we are all here. 

My suggestion would be to take some time and read through the forums.  ....ask your own questions.  Money seems to be sticking point for you so why don't you ask folks how to you can become more effective at making it in the game.  

Believe me.....  There are folks here that have or make plenty of money to buy the things they need without having to play every day let alone 5+ hours a day.  I maybe play 1-2 nights per week with periods where I won't touch the game for a month or so.  

Set the subjective notions aside and accept that perhaps some of your conceptions or ineffectiveness in the game may be in part due to your lack of understanding of how certain things work or how best to effectively tackle certain tasks / activites to maximize profits, XP, etc.  

I agree with @Harlock1796 and the others.......  It sounds to me like you're not giving the game a chance.  Then again, RDO simply may not be the game for you.  RDR2 / RDO is very successful but that doesn't mean everyone will like it or understand how to play it effectively.  

Sounds to me that maybe even you just don't enjoy RDO / RDR2 which is perfectly fine and understandable.   .....but you're blaming the game for that and most of your reasons simply aren't that sound IMO / IME which is why we're saying you're not giving it a fair shake.

If you decide to stick with the game, make sure to take advantage of the resource here.  We have a community of friendly folks willing to help.  You might even consider joining a posse that can assist in showing you the ropes, help provide tips, tricks, do missions with, etc.  Just visit our Posse Recruitment sub-forum.  

• Like 3

If you want it now, you pay for it. That is how a lot of these games function. It is not a pay to win game but a pay to progress quicker game. This is not to say it takes a long time to stack up gold and supplies nor does it take forever to level. Once you get going, you will actually find it becomes too easy to level up. 

• Like 3

Personally, I spend maybe a day or two a week, no more than 3 hours a session. I’m not rich, but I never have trouble buying what I want. I have enough gold to fancy up my guns, pay for my roles etc without whipping out the credit card. I don’t have all my ability cards maxed out... or all the ability cards for that matter, just the ones I use. I’m not unstoppable PVP but I can put up a fight and don’t feel all that outgunned  even by those over double my level.... Just play the game and your character will grow.

• Like 3

There are things that are wrong with the game but I don't think the economy is one of them. Prices don't stack up to a real world sense economy, true, but they make sense within the game. Nothing is too much of a grind to afford, unlike in GTAO. At the same time if there was no grind and you could afford everything you wanted within a week of playing a couple of hours a day the game would be long since dead.  

Since the roles update came out I can't understand why anyone would buy gold with real money to progress in the game, R* have made it too easy if anything.

• Like 2

Honestly, I agree with everyone. Once you get the Trader role, money isn't an issue. I'm only level ~45 and I have 400+ dollars and all the guns that I need. Dual Schofields, Lancaster and a Bolt action, all fully upgraded. I bought the 25 gold bars when the update came out as I only had 5 so I could get the Trader and Bounty Hunter roles, but that's all I've bought. The grind for me is what makes the game fun, always doing missions and earning money for that thing that you've always wanted. However, the problem is that I already have everything that I want and the game is getting stale again. My Friend and I login A few times a week to do a few trader missions and the Legendary Bounty and mess around a little bit. I hope the next update comes out soon. Just do the Daily challenges for gold, and go hunting/fishing for cash until you get the Trader role. Other than that there's the Treasure map you get every 5 levels. Honestly, for Posses, I wish there was player trading but you can always also just set up a temporary posse. 

Edited by EjectedCasings
  • Like 1

......I might add that R* (from time to time) has provided free money, gold, gifts, etc. simply for logging in to the game for example.  They will also bonuses that increase payouts in certain types of activities at times in the weekly updates.

I forgot to add in my last post but remember also to check your Award progress in the Progress menu.  For those Awards that you complete, there may be an option to reset it which will net you some gold nuggets and XP increase. 

Don't forget about treasure maps that awarded at level 10 and then every 5th level thereafter.  The cash payouts will vary but can be relatively significant at times.  

The point is, there are tons of other ways to make money by simply playing the game, leveling up, etc.  Look into those @JohnDew.