Resupply at camp question!

xXxdivinexXx

What's with the CAPS LOCK and exclamation points?

Ammo you buy at the gunsmith goes into your immediate inventory. Any ammo you buy via the catalogue needs to be picked up at the post office or through your lockbox at your camp.

The in-game instructions should tell you how this works.  I've forgotten because I almost never used to restock from camp.  Early in the game, I restocked on ammo largely by looting almost everyone I killed (and more than a few that other gang members killed during missions).  As the game progresses, you get more equipment (like the bandolier) and more storage if you craft Pearson's satchels (something I highly recommend).

7 hours ago, xXxdivinexXx said:

so how do i RESTOCK then when i run out?

i was told their was a way. Instead of always going back to gunsmith to buy ammo all over again

If by restocking you mean your reserves rather than what your player is carrying, you can do that through the catalogue anywhere while in Free Roam vs. doing it in the gunsmith's store for example. 

Ammo you buy by pulling up the catalogue will immediately be made available at the Post Office or your campsite lock box. You can buy way more than you can carry and simply resupply your character from that pool of ammunition at those locations.  That way you don't need to go to a gunsmith. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Tater said:

How do you restock from the post office? I've never seen this option.

I've never seen a "lock box" in camp either. I'm in chapter 3.

Story mode may be a little different.  It's been so long that I hi honestly don't remember.  In RDO (online) it works by seeing clerk at a post office and using action shown. On PS4 it's L2 IIRC and then it let's you cycle through everything that you have bought via the catalogue, awarded, etc.

• Like 1

When you purchase at the Gun Smith it just loads your weapons to the maximum they can hold.  When you purchase from the journal it will be sent to your camp.

So you can buy 999 ammo form the journal and just reload every time you are back at your camp.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Boot Smith said:

When you purchase at the Gun Smith it just loads your weapons to the maximum they can hold.  When you purchase from the journal it will be sent to your camp.

So you can buy 999 ammo form the journal and just reload every time you are back at your camp.

So just buy off the shelf instead of using the catalogue in the store, or do you mean the ledger at the camp?

3 hours ago, Tater said:

So just buy off the shelf instead of using the catalogue in the store, or do you mean the ledger at the camp?

You have two options for buying ammo, in a store or from your journal.  If you buy from a store then you will only be able to max out what your weapon can hold - it will then show 'Out of Stock', so any showing this you know you are already full.

If you open your Journal ( for PC hold down J ) you can buy ammo until you reach a max of 999.  This will be delivered for pickup form a post office or your lock box at your camp.  It will only let you take what your weapon can hold but mean you don't have to keep buying ammo every time you run out.

Also when you can, but Express Ammo and other ammo types as when you have your weapon wheel open and hover over a weapon you can then move to the center and change the ammo type.  This means if you run out in the field you can use another ammo type.  Regular and Express will give you 100 or 200 of each.

There is also an option in your settings - it's called auto pin change or something, this will auto change to another ammo type when you run out.

7 hours ago, Boot Smith said:

You have two options for buying ammo, in a store or from your journal.  If you buy from a store then you will only be able to max out what your weapon can hold - it will then show 'Out of Stock', so any showing this you know you are already full.

If you open your Journal ( for PC hold down J ) you can buy ammo until you reach a max of 999.  This will be delivered for pickup form a post office or your lock box at your camp.  It will only let you take what your weapon can hold but mean you don't have to keep buying ammo every time you run out.

I'm on Xbox and when I open my journal, it's just notes and drawings that Arthur made. No where to buy ammo there.

I've never seen a lock box at camp either, just the chest at the foot of the bed for changing clothes. I'm in chapter 3 if that matters.

20 minutes ago, Tater said:

I'm on Xbox and when I open my journal, it's just notes and drawings that Arthur made. No where to buy ammo there.

I've never seen a lock box at camp either, just the chest at the foot of the bed for changing clothes. I'm in chapter 3 if that matters.

The lockbox is in online mode. You are in story mode. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tater said:

The confusion is what Mr Smith refers to as your "journal", he actually means your "catalogue".  .....where you can order things (not your journal where you have your notes, etc.).  

So yeah, it's the catalogue I mentioned early on in this discussion and a couple times thereafter.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

The confusion is what Mr Smith refers to as your "journal", he actually means your "catalogue".  .....where you can order things (not your journal where you have your notes, etc.).  

So yeah, it's the catalogue I mentioned early on in this discussion and a couple times thereafter.  

homer-simpson-doh.jpg&f=1&nofb=1