Jump to content

11/24/20 Coming Next Week: Bounty Hunter Expansion & More


Recommended Posts

 
November 24, 2020

Get Red Dead Online as a Standalone Game on December 1st

Plus First Details of the New Bounty Hunters Expansion

Red Dead Online – the vibrant, ever-evolving world where you can take on a range of unique roles and pursuits to blaze your own outlaw trail across the American frontier – will be available to purchase as a standalone game from the PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, Rockstar Games Launcher, Epic Games Store and Steam on December 1st.

For the first time, new players who do not already own Red Dead Redemption 2 can experience everything Red Dead Online has to offer, including access to all future content updates.

Forge your own path across any of five unique Specialist Roles. These include apprehending everyone from low-level criminals to notorious gangs as a Bounty Hunter, learning the secrets of the animal kingdom as a Naturalist or hunting wildlife as a means for source materials as a Trader, searching for exotic treasures as a Collector, to even running your own underground Moonshine distillery.

Help the widow Jessica LeClerk and her right-hand man, Horley gain revenge upon the men who killed her husband in A Land of Opportunities, a series of story-based cooperative missions for two to four players.

Compete in Showdown Modes, a series of competitive modes where players and teams compete in classic gunfights and objective-based competitions like capturing territory or supplies.

And much more, including Free Roam Missions that can vary based on how noble or nefarious you are, public or private games of Poker, competitive Free Roam Events and Daily Challenges – all taking place in a world of astounding depth and detail.

Red Dead Online will be available from the PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, Rockstar Games Launcher, Epic Games Store and Steam at an introductory offer of $4.99 – which is 75% off the regular price – until February 15, 2021*. Please note that PlayStation Plus and/or Xbox Live Gold are required to play. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Red Dead Online will be playable via backward compatibility on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series hardware.

The new standalone version of Red Dead Online will require up to 123GB of disk space and will also include the option to unlock Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode (purchased separately).

 

 

Coming Next Week: Bounty Hunters Role Expansion

And Bounty Hunters across Red Dead Online will have an influx of fugitives to deal with, as the Bounty Hunter Role is enhanced with new criminals to track down and Prestigious level equipment and skills to unlock across 10 more Bounty Hunter ranks. There will also be new Legendary Bounties and a 100 Rank Outlaw Pass.

And those new to the game can prepare for next week’s big update by commencing the hunt to take down the frontier’s current crop of notorious reprobates. Meet up with the Legendary Bounty Hunter in the town of Rhodes to procure a Bounty Hunter License and get started.

As an added bonus, this week all Bounty Hunter missions in Red Dead Online are awarding double XP. For some tips on how to become a successful Bounty Hunter, be sure to check out our entry in the Game Tips series here – which also features some strategies for excelling as either a Trader or a Collector, should you pursue those roles as well.

*Additional terms apply. See participating retailers for details.
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just, why???

Seperate the modes will just leave the online section open to large amounts of low score revs, but perhaps that is nessessary for Take2 to understand how bad shape online both technicly and in re playability is.

 

bounty extension is about what i expected from them seeing the summer update, new content whitout actualy beeing new content.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hmm, our online game is dying because of lack of content due to our ridiculous drip feed system. We could fix the problem, OR we could take a page out of GTA's book and Re-release it! Yeah! And we'll add even more of the bonuses that nobody apart from new players want! Wow! What a great idea!"

 

What the hell is going through their heads?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So after month's and month's of waiting we get TEN MORE BH LEVELS YEEHAW and Some new bounties on the wall OMFG !!! 

This is pathetic, no real new content, no change of the BROKEN honor system since day 1.

Its sad but at this point i stopped logging to the game even for keeping up the daily streak. Lost hope in the game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 4:07 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Its sad but at this point i stopped logging to the game even for keeping up the daily streak. Lost hope in the game. 

Don't have to worry about that anymore...as of the first, streaks reset after 28 days and you get...a treasure map and RDO$ in exchange for not getting .5GB per daily anymore. Sounds about right for them. Now I know why the dumb online standalone release. Only way to keep their numbers up for the shareholders. Most long timers including myself have been playing ONLY to keep a streak going and hanging around with false hope that this update would add something to do and something to spend our money/gold on. Awesome that I will be able to do 10 more levels of bounties that suck, and buy some more hats. Say goodbye to a lot of loyal high level players for good, and hello to servers full of level 12's that never played the single player and who think this is GTAO in the west. Saddest part is many vets are actually happy because with no more streaks, they are no longer "stuck" logging in at all. Really sucks that we all know what this game could be, and have waited so long completely in vain. At least now I have no problem just deleting RDR2 and using the freed up space for something more worthwhile.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pags said:

Don't have to worry about that anymore...as of the first, streaks reset after 28 days and you get...a treasure map and RDO$ in exchange for not getting .5GB per daily anymore. Sounds about right for them. Now I know why the dumb online standalone release. Only way to keep their numbers up for the shareholders. Most long timers including myself have been playing ONLY to keep a streak going and hanging around with false hope that this update would add something to do and something to spend our money/gold on. Awesome that I will be able to do 10 more levels of bounties that suck, and buy some more hats. Say goodbye to a lot of loyal high level players for good, and hello to servers full of level 12's that never played the single player and who think this is GTAO in the west. Saddest part is many vets are actually happy because with no more streaks, they are no longer "stuck" logging in at all. Really sucks that we all know what this game could be, and have waited so long completely in vain. At least now I have no problem just deleting RDR2 and using the freed up space for something more worthwhile.

I read the splashscreen telling me this at game startup yesterday with horror - I've been holding out for player homes as I see it as the next progression for a slightly naughty boy to move into after living out of the back of a wagon before becoming quite rich in game/world terms, so generally I play for appx 2 hours every day before & after work & longer if I can at the weekends - mostly I try to complete the 9 [max] role daily challenges & as many of the general daily challenges as possible - I probably average 5 general challenges a day for a grand total of 4.5 GB + 1.5 9/9 bonus + 2.5 so on average 8 to 8.5 GB per day.

I have now 1375 hours played at level 453 with a 317 day streak & a net worth of 1899 GB & just over $235K

The Bounty Hunter is the only role daily challenge that I don't even look at unless I am struggling to get the 9/9 as they all take too long - they occasionally don't complete & just aren't worth my [limited] game time - it was like that ranking up the role in the 1st place as I found it underwhelming as a role anyway, so a further 10 levels, meh!

However, a new 100 level Outlaw pass will be very welcome, especially if it introduces more harmonica tunes for Cripps & new songs for the band in the Moonshine shack - even better if it's linked to player housing for furniture, decoration or construction materials or whatever BUT I am not looking forward to the Challenges change at all - it seems pointless to change it & only punishes. as stated elsewhere, players that have put in the hours & days to maintain long streaks.

Until it changes I'll just have to see what it looks like in the "new world" before making a decision on where my daily game time will be spent, which is a shame because as a gameworld RDRO is absolutely beautiful & in most cases a pleasure to play in.

Oh & please do keep posting the news about updates - it is the 1 place I know I can come to find out what is happening & is appreciated :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sigill MacFinn said:

Oh & please do keep posting the news about updates - it is the 1 place I know I can come to find out what is happening & is appreciated :)

.....I was being facetious.  I should have followed that with an "lol".  Then again, seems news has been lackluster at best.  I haven't played the game more than a couple hours this year myself.  Just waiting for some news that will draw me back.  

For those of us who have been playing since the beta launch, obviously it will feel like a lot of these little updates are drip feeding but to new players, it all adds up. 

I imagine a lot of folks who will buy the online-only version have never played the game.  Coming into this experience brand new, the content will seem quite full.  .....and given all the other things to explore, etc., it could keep come of those folks busy for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites

GTAO is eventually going this route too but we'll have to see if this ends up being a good thing or a bad thing in the long run for RDO.  

The things is, the move to an online-only version for GTAO obviously seems more thought out as that won't be coming until next year(?) along with a PS5 enhanced version later.  RDO only gets backward compatibility on PS5 and an online version being released now.  IMO, that doesn't bode well for a next gen specific release for RDR2 and puts the game's growth in question as well IMO. 

......but as far as longevity, I think they'll continue to support the game through at least 2021 and as long as folks keep playing so in my mind, it may not be all that bad if this new version brings in a lot of new blood.  If the player base increase stays consistent, then maybe they'll put more effort into future updates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 12:01 AM, Pags said:

 Most long timers including myself have been playing ONLY to keep a streak going and hanging around with false hope that this update would add something to do and something to spend our money/gold on.

 

Saddest part is many vets are actually happy because with no more streaks, they are no longer "stuck" logging in at all. Really sucks that we all know what this game could be, and have waited so long completely in vain. At least now I have no problem just deleting RDR2 and using the freed up space for something more worthwhile.

 

Actually i feel finally free of the game since i stopped playing. Sad but its how i feel. R* will not deliver what we all hoped for. 

So i left my char with 443 lvl ~1900 GB and 200k+ RDO$ and shelved the game. I dont think ill ever come back. There are so many new titles comming that will blow my mind. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

......but as far as longevity, I think they'll continue to support the game through at least 2021 and as long as folks keep playing so in my mind, it may not be all that bad if this new version brings in a lot of new blood.  If the player base increase stays consistent, then maybe they'll put more effort into future updates.

Sadly, the player base at best will probably flatline, not increase, but with level 12's replacing level 300's and those level 12's won't have any respect for the game or other players having not played single player and having spent $5 for the game. How many of those new "standalone" players do you honestly think will last all that long? Once they realize that there's no space cannons or flying horses with lasers and that they have to either grind or pay real money for gold to open the roles up, they'll scurry back to GTAO damn quick lol.

1 hour ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

 

Actually i feel finally free of the game since i stopped playing. Sad but its how i feel. R* will not deliver what we all hoped for. 

So i left my char with 443 lvl ~1900 GB and 200k+ RDO$ and shelved the game. I dont think ill ever come back. There are so many new titles comming that will blow my mind. 

Same here brother...level 430, 1150 GB and 225K with 170 full collections sitting, and at this point all I feel is relieved that with no more streaks, I can free up 1/4 of my hard drive for other more deserving games. Actually, giving up on Gran Turismo(1 car added in 6 months) as well frees up over 50% of my hard drive...hello Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pags said:

How many of those new "standalone" players do you honestly think will last all that long? Once they realize that there's no space cannons or flying horses with lasers and that they have to either grind or pay real money for gold to open the roles up, they'll scurry back to GTAO damn quick lol.

Well, we'll obviously have to see how it plays out. 

The fact is, I have no idea what the different expectations will be for the game nor how many of them will find enough value in it to stick around.  I just mentioned a possibility.  I have no idea how many of these folks are GTAO players but they could be new players looking for a more relaxed online experience but then again, they could be thinking the game is something different than it is and be disappointed.  ......or maybe some will embrace it because it is different than other online games they played.  I really don't know. 

One thing I do know for sure is not everyone values this game the same way nor even views it in the same light.  I could listen to two different people talk about this game and think it's two different modes. Not everyone feels the same way about the game as you or I do. 

 

6 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Actually i feel finally free of the game since i stopped playing. Sad but its how i feel. R* will not deliver what we all hoped for. 

So i left my char with 443 lvl ~1900 GB and 200k+ RDO$ and shelved the game. I dont think ill ever come back. There are so many new titles comming that will blow my mind. 

No game should feel like a burden.  .....not with so many out there to choose from.  Sorry to see you go but wish you well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my console on this morning at midnight to do some bounty hunting, the double XP so far has been a great help in ranking up on the Xbox One. I'm wondering if we will be getting a new level horse of if the Bretons will be it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When a daily challenge awards you 0.2gb, a mission 0.36gb and a gun variant costs 12gb or a full color hat set costs 80gb then i don't think they will see new blood on their game anytime soon. Only those who willing to pay real money for gold bars. Obviously they don't know how to monetize their game and this is the saddest part. An online game with a beautiful map but a repetitive gameplay has to award players at least.

Anyway i hope they do something good in the future. Meanwhile serious games are just before release. Even world of warcraft hit a great expansion this time. A game run by another cancer of the industry Activision who like Take2 took over Blizzard and made the game controversial but at least they still trying to deliver a bit of a good gameplay while they have to keep investors happy. Let's see if Rockstar has the balls to do this as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno @Antonia.  There are also those like me who never spend a cent on MTXs.  

I've never bought a GB for RDO nor a Shark Card in GTAO but I still play both although way more of that time has spent in GTAO between the two.  I'm also not big on aesthetic goods in games like the ones that can be bought with GBs especially since there are a lot of other items that can still be purchased with in-game cash.  

The only thing I really use GBs for is to unlock the roles, passes, etc. so in between those releases, I would normally just save it up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I dunno @Antonia.  There are also those like me who never spend a cent on MTXs.  

I've never bought a GB for RDO nor a Shark Card in GTAO but I still play both although way more of that time has spent in GTAO between the two.  I'm also not big on aesthetic goods in games like the ones that can be bought with GBs especially since there are a lot of other items that can still be purchased with in-game cash.  

The only thing I really use GBs for is to unlock the roles, passes, etc. so in between those releases, I would normally just save it up. 

Definitely the customer rockstar doesn't want. :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antonia said:

Definitely the customer rockstar doesn't want. 😛

Don't dismiss the value a thriving player base has on the success of an online game.  The more people you have playing, the healthier the game is and the more potential MTX customers you will have.  Obviously there's more to it than that including the quality of the content, etc. that adds value to the game, but even players who don't buy MTXs are a big part of keeping games fit and profitable overall. 

R* has even admitted in the past that they are under monetizing on a per-user basis and could do more but it's a fine line they don't want to cross like some others have. 

MTXs have been a huge success for R* and yet folks still play their games.  .....including many of those like me who have never had an interest in buying Shark Cards or GBs.  We may not be the ideal customer but we're still welcomed.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 10:43 PM, Vendetta said:

Red Online Player since beta over here. Perhaps we should all contact R* and voice our opinions over this. Sadly, this is another move by Take Two. 

Honestly why bother?

They have a feedback hub shure, but it is just that, feedback. they can fully ignore whatever ideas or feedback we come up with.

Dont you think that majority of the feedback is in regards to only having 1 characther slot in a game that is designed for RP, thus the base game should have had atleast 3 slots, whit one new slot added for every time they add a new role?. i like to think it atleast is.

 

On a more related topic, anyone else expeirence that they changed the timer structure on the bounty board contracts?

Done two today, one on hard and one on medium and both times the timer did not appear before i hogtied the bounty, and it was both times 5 mins. If this change is permanent it atleast solved the issue of time rush due to other players moving clouse to your contract.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NF85 said:

Honestly why bother?

They have a feedback hub shure, but it is just that, feedback. they can fully ignore whatever ideas or feedback we come up with.

Dont you think that majority of the feedback is in regards to only having 1 characther slot in a game that is designed for RP, thus the base game should have had atleast 3 slots, whit one new slot added for every time they add a new role?. i like to think it atleast is.

 

On a more related topic, anyone else expeirence that they changed the timer structure on the bounty board contracts?

Done two today, one on hard and one on medium and both times the timer did not appear before i hogtied the bounty, and it was both times 5 mins. If this change is permanent it atleast solved the issue of time rush due to other players moving clouse to your contract.

 

You may be right. I haven’t played since the new update dropped, but from the videos being posted, seems like they just slapped something together quickly. No effort whatsoever and we have to pay 15 gold bars for only 10 more levels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, and thous levels goes up faster then you think.

In total i have done 1 solo legendary bounty, 3 hard and 1 medium and im allready clouse to rank 23. The new season pass is mainly about horse stuff, and that kinda turned me off it. (not that it is bad that there finaly is something for the game`s moust valuable asset, but im perfectly happy with the way my 2 horses allready look)

Overall it is deffo less visable gameplay content in this update then it was in the july update.

Edited by NF85
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...