Jump to content

How do you think ammo will be supplied in multiplayer?


Jackthestripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

How do you feel about the ammo supply system in RDRO? Would you rather have ammo boxes appearing again, or would you rather it be like GTAO, where you have to actually go into a gun store and buy ammo? I personally got frustrated a lot looking for ammo boxes, and felt like a sitting duck in hardcore when I first joined the room and was filling up my ammo in the middle of a field. Then again, if I had a nickel for every time in GTAO someone shot me as soon as I came out of the ammunition store I'd be rich. Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've no idea what you mean by ammo boxes  [oh you mean in RDR1 online - I didn't play it] but in GTAO you can just buy ammunition through your inventory and fill up your entire gun collection within about 20 seconds wherever you are on the map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benjo said:

I've no idea what you mean by ammo boxes  [oh you mean in RDR1 online - I didn't play it] but in GTAO you can just buy ammunition through your inventory and fill up your entire gun collection within about 20 seconds wherever you are on the map.

You're right actually, I forgot about that... You can buy ammo with your cell phone in GTAO. Either way, I personally would rather have to go in and buy it in a store for RDR2O. Definitely no cell phones back then LOL the one good thing about the ammo box drops in RDRO is that you don't have to use any of your money to buy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Probably by buying it at the Gunsmith shop just like the previous Red Dead game.

He's talking about Red Dead Online, you were only able to buy ammo at Gunsmiths in Red Dead Redemption's singleplayer, not multiplayer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping players are only able to carry 50 - 100 rounds of ammunition for each category of firearm they're carrying and I hope Rockstar also limit dynamite to 1 - 2 sticks which have to be bought at a Gunsmith or elsewhere, I was not a fan of GTA Online's Interaction Menu which granted every player infinite explosives and ammo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Archbell said:

He's talking about Red Dead Online, you were only able to buy ammo at Gunsmiths in Red Dead Redemption's singleplayer, not multiplayer.

Oh I know. But Seeing as though in GTA online you could go to ammunation and buy... Well.. Ammo and guns, it will probably be the same in Red Dead 2 with Gunsmiths.

Ammo crates would make no sense tbh. And I hope R* keep the interaction menu out of this game. Ruins the immersion by it being in the game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Oh I know. But Seeing as though in GTA online you could go to ammunation and buy... Well.. Ammo and guns, it will probably be the same in Red Dead 2 with Gunsmiths.

Ammo crates would make no sense tbh. And I hope R* keep the interaction menu out of this game. Ruins the immersion by it being in the game.

 

Oh okay, I thought you'd mistaken this for a singleplayer thread. Rockstar already confirmed players will be able to buy ammo and weapons from Gunsmiths in Red Dead Online when they released information on Red Dead Redemption II's different editions and pre order bonuses.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be nice to be able to retrieve some ammo from those that you kill.   .......even cooler if the ammo is specific to the weapon(s) they were carrying.

In SP I can see a player possibly being able to find/steal ammo in homes, from traders, stores ,etc.  I don't know what to expect from online although I'll wager you'll likely have no choice but to buy it. 

 

3 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Oh I know. But Seeing as though in GTA online you could go to ammunation and buy... Well.. Ammo and guns, it will probably be the same in Red Dead 2 with Gunsmiths.

Ammo crates would make no sense tbh. And I hope R* keep the interaction menu out of this game. Ruins the immersion by it being in the game.

 

I also hope the ability to buy ammo in menu is not in RDO.    I agree that it would be immersion breaking in this game.  I also hope the amount of ammo one can carry isn't ridiculous like GTAV:O was.  That would certainly add another level of depth and tension to the gameplay.  .....IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Gh0stRyder said:

Buying it and picking it off players you shoot and kill seems reasonable. You shouldn't be able to just "find" it unless you happen upon a supply crate or something.

It makes more sense to force us into rationalizing it and paying for it than it would to just freely roam and find it on the ground. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope we can carry only small amounts of ammo, this would help lower the risk of player griefing. That’s one of the things I hated about GTA online, and the story mode for that matter. You have almost an infinite amount of ammo, there never is a need to go to the ammo store. It would also add a fun survival mechanic to the online experience while not making it too much of a chore for those players who aren’t interested in that sort of thing. My hope is that RDR online has more survival elements worked into it, which I think it will. The whiny kids can keep their gta online, and the expensive therapist bills that come with it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TheBaconator said:

I hope we can carry only small amounts of ammo, this would help lower the risk of player griefing. That’s one of the things I hated about GTA online, and the story mode for that matter. You have almost an infinite amount of ammo, there never is a need to go to the ammo store. It would also add a fun survival mechanic to the online experience while not making it too much of a chore for those players who aren’t interested in that sort of thing. My hope is that RDR online has more survival elements worked into it, which I think it will. The whiny kids can keep their gta online, and the expensive therapist bills that come with it. 

Absolutely agree with this. I want it to be a challenge to survive or I will lose interest. Make me work for supplies a bit man. It is part of the fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As long as it isn't done in a way that screws people over, I am fine with it. I don't want it to be easy to find ammo and other supplies, but I also don't want it to be a headache to get to. Like if a gang is able to wipe out an entire village or town and I can't buy ammo, I'd be pretty mad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...