Jump to content

Found a way to fast travel to waypoints :-D


KLucky_13
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yesterdayevening I came up with an idea to make it possible to fast travel to waypoints in the game. I use it all the time now 😄

How I use it:

- Switch to cinematic view

- Double tap X a few times

- Click the 3D printed clip on the controller

- Go for a drink, bathroom break, just eat in front of the television while you are going to the destination

- Arrive at the destination 😄

Here a demo on how I do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8NaDcwAx6Q

 

IMG_2428.JPG

Edited by KLucky_13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, KLucky_13 said:

Yesterdayevening I came up with an idea to make it possible to fast travel to waypoints in the game. I use it all the time now 😄

How I use it:

- Switch to cinematic view

- Double tap X a few times

- Click the 3D printed clip on the controller

- Go for a drink, bathroom break, just eat in front of the television while you are going to the destination

- Arrive at the destination 😄

Here a demo on how I do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8NaDcwAx6Q

 

IMG_2428.JPG

THAT!!!!! is NOT fast traveling !!!! plus, way too many things can go wrong ... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CMcC said:

So I’m not super far in the game yet, but am I to understand there won’t be a fast travel option at all? I figured I would be unlocking this at some point.

Stagecoaches like RDR1 basically. Just need to pay off bounties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

....or buy a train ticket.  While not actually fast travel, it can be faster and more direct.  ;)

....and yeah, plenty can happen on the trail.  I've been ambushed 4 times already and killed twice through those ambushes.  I won't even mention running into posses on my travels when I had a bounty.  There are also the events that occur as you ride between destinations.  ....I'd hate to miss those.  Who knows what other surprises there are on the roads as I have barely scratched the surface of the game.  

No thanks, I'd rather use the actual fast travel or just ride myself so I don't miss anything.  R* has given us a living, breathing, open world.  ......I want to explore everything it has to offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

....or buy a train ticket.  While not actually fast travel, it can be faster and more direct.  ;)

....and yeah, plenty can happen on the trail.  I've been ambushed 4 times already and killed twice through those ambushes.  I won't even mention running into posses on my travels when I had a bounty.  There are also the events that occur as you ride between destinations.  ....I'd hate to miss those.  Who knows what other surprises there are on the roads as I have barely scratched the surface of the game.  

No thanks, I'd rather use the actual fast travel or just ride myself so I don't miss anything.  R* has given us a living, breathing, open world.  ......I want to explore everything it has to offer.

Truly. So much going on out of the trail. I was just thinking, man, that ride to Blackwater to rescue Sean was quite a jog from valentine. Its gonna be nuts riding all over the map with 1 horsepower. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMcC said:

Truly. So much going on out of the trail. I was just thinking, man, that ride to Blackwater to rescue Sean was quite a jog from valentine. Its gonna be nuts riding all over the map with 1 horsepower. 

I can confirm proper fast travel is available later in the story mode.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Benjo said:

I can confirm proper fast travel is available later in the story mode.

 How far into this thing are you? I thought you liked to get lost in freeroam. ARe you more focused on missions this time around? The story, especially the writing is top notch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CMcC said:

 How far into this thing are you? I thought you liked to get lost in freeroam. ARe you more focused on missions this time around? The story, especially the writing is top notch.

I complete the storymode to unlock all the map and features. 

Dialog 10/10
Acting 10/10
Narrative 10/10
Mission structure & variety 1/10

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There has been a couple of missions where it has landed me in the middle of nowhere out of radius of my horse, so I had to sprint it all the way to the nearest town to retrieve my horse from the stable. It only took about 5 minutes to run there and also gave my stamina level a big boost, so I saw it as a good thing, but I can understand why others would think it is a pain. Other than that, I haven’t really felt like there is any need for a fast travel option. I’m quite happy just roaming around everywhere on horseback at the moment. As I get further into the game I might change my mind, but at the moment I'm happy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fast-travel does become available later in the game. You'll have two options:

Spoiler

1.) Stagecoaches will take you to any location that you've visited previously, provided that you don't have a bounty in the county that you're trying to access the stagecoach in.

2.) Upgrade the lodging in your camp. The final upgrade unlocks a fast-travel map that will let you fast-travel to any city from your base camp for free.

 

Edited by We Are Ninja
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2018 at 12:54 PM, Benjo said:

I complete the storymode to unlock all the map and features. 

Dialog 10/10
Acting 10/10
Narrative 10/10
Mission structure & variety 1/10

@Benjo hates Red Dead, and now it’s viral.

Also he likes cats. 

6E39296A-733B-4190-A8F6-25DA4DB0B79C.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CMcC said:

@Benjo hates Red Dead, and now it’s viral.

Also he likes cats. 

6E39296A-733B-4190-A8F6-25DA4DB0B79C.png

I saved someone in the middle of nowhere who had been bitten.  Two days later, he gave me my choice (of a limited selection, sadly) of firearm from the gunsmith in Valentine.  Now, I save EVERYONE if I can.  Free guns are fantastic.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I saved someone in the middle of nowhere who had been bitten.  Two days later, he gave me my choice (of a limited selection, sadly) of firearm from the gunsmith in Valentine.  Now, I save EVERYONE if I can.  Free guns are fantastic.

Pay a visit to Watson’s Cabin, NW of Wallace Station along the river. Things got dark in there, but worth the trip. 

Edited by CMcC
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I saved someone in the middle of nowhere who had been bitten.  Two days later, he gave me my choice (of a limited selection, sadly) of firearm from the gunsmith in Valentine.  Now, I save EVERYONE if I can.  Free guns are fantastic.

This is what I meant by my tweet. They sold it as there are these cool interactions that are like the peds have memories or something, but they are really nothing like that. They are as contrived as the first interaction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm...  I dunno.  Although it's not like the hype, I've found the dialogue and recurring interactions give a fair illusion of people remembering you, like People have talked about things I've done with them before and folk have attacked me for wearing their hat.  It's not great, but it's ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2018 at 3:02 AM, KLucky_13 said:

Yesterdayevening I came up with an idea to make it possible to fast travel to waypoints in the game. I use it all the time now 😄

How I use it:

- Switch to cinematic view

- Double tap X a few times

- Click the 3D printed clip on the controller

- Go for a drink, bathroom break, just eat in front of the television while you are going to the destination

- Arrive at the destination 😄

Here a demo on how I do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8NaDcwAx6Q

 

IMG_2428.JPG

Very creative, but unfortunately, I'll be taking the stagecoach! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point I'm not sure I even want to do much fast travelling, I enjoy the exploration and random event too much.  Anyone else even consider walking the map?  I sometimes feel i miss too much riding by places.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't even need to hold down the "run" button if a waypoint is set-just press it once (or a couple of times to get up to speed) then press the cinematic camera button and you will automatically ride to your destination. As the map won't be up you will have to pay attention to the roadsides for possible interactions, as random encounters still occur, and you can still get jumped by groups of outlaws. It's not ideal but it keeps you "in world" more than the old fast travel system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...